Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PROPHESSOR

[DRRP] Doom RPG Remake Project (v0.6.0pre)

====================================================

The early access beta version (v0.1.0) of DRRP is available here

====================================================

DISC.png

Is great to see another doom rpg project. Looking forward for this one. I have one question, you mentioned dialog in two languages does that mean audio(Announcing voice) as well or only text? 

On 11/17/2018 at 8:35 PM, Marlamir said:

I have one question, you mentioned dialog in two languages does that mean audio(Announcing voice) as well or only text? 

The project uses some voice samples from the Doom 3 game and they will be duplicated in two languages in the final version.

As for the text dialogs, our team will provide the Russian and English versions, but all the strings used in the project are in the LANGUAGE file, so that any person can translate them into their native language and send us Pull Request ;)

Sorry if this is a really basic question, but is this turn-based like the original, or is it more the maps of the original ported into 'standard' GZDoom?

5 hours ago, Bauul said:

Sorry if this is a really basic question, but is this turn-based like the original, or is it more the maps of the original ported into 'standard' GZDoom?

There will be 2 versions: DRRP and DRRP Classic. DRRP is a remake of maps and mechanics on GZDoom, i.e. is a real-time game, but with dialogs, rpg system and improved maps. DRRP Classic will be released in the final version and will be the full port of the original game, including turn-based.

DRRP: Version 0.2.0 (Early Access Beta)

DRRP_EA_DISC.png.8fec58e527328b351f0dcb5d027b6319.png

After 2 months, we present you DRRP v0.2.0 (Early Access Beta)!

Innovations:

• Now all maps are playable
  • Now monsters see in all directions.
  • Added volumetric textures using Parallax Occlusion Mapping shader
  • Now all jammed doors open with an axe
  • Added dialogs on all maps
  • Added code locks on all maps
  • Improved StatusBar
  • Added player's maximum health upgrading in the store
  • Improved texture quality
  • Added Kronos
  • Repainted character sprites replaced with original ones
  • Other: many small innovations

Fixes:

• Fixed line breaks in the English version
  • Fixed the size and position of fire extinguisher hallons and other sprites
  • Fixed spawn monsters in all sectors
  • Fixed all found bugs with secrets in all sectors
  • Fixed all found bugs in scripts
  • Fixed duplicate tasks in notebook
  • Fixed bug with getting stuck in the portal in XHUB
  • Fixed bug with destroying inviders in SEC2
  • Other minor fixes

Read more in the list of commits

DOWNLOAD HERE

DRRP: Patch 0.2.1 (Early Access Beta)

Innovations:

• Added compass
  • Added Russian localization of technical messages notebook
  • Added Russian obituaries
  • Fire extinguisher assigned to key 0
  • Changed the balance of weapons and monsters
  • Improved the scene of the invasion in SEC2
  • Easter egg from PROPHESSOR were added to one of the sectors.

Fixes:

• Fixed instant closing of the dialog window
  • Fixed feed mechanism for shotguns
  • Fixed Russian sector localization
  • Fixed font bug in the console in the Russian version
  • Fixed Russian localization of the item "New Game"
  • Fixed jammed doors in SEC5
  • Fixed password-protected door in SEC5
  • Fixed passwords
  • Fixed many bugs in all sectors
  • Added missed monsters in MonsterCast
  • Fixed bugs with fire (including burning monsters)
  • Unpacked ammo boxes
  • Fixed Russian localization in TITLEMAP
  • Other minor fixes

Learn more in the list of commits

Discussion of the project, as well as a bug report on our Discord server

DOWNLOAD PK3 HERE

Edited by PROPHESSOR : kryakozyabry =D

DRRP: Version 0.2.2 (Early Access Beta)

68747470733a2f2f7374617469632e646f6f6d77

Big update v0.2.2EAB!

Innovations:

• Added cinematic shaders, damage shaders and color correction shaders
  • Added English localization of voice messages
  • Added taking and returning weapons to SEC3 and SEC7
  • Added statistics window
  • Added earthquakes
  • Added the ability to turn off the Parallax Occlusion Mapping shader (volumetric textures)
  • Now the characters can dying
  • Added visualization of the transformations and deaths of the characters
  • More realistic opening of doors that require a keycard
  • Added new parameters in DRRP Menu
  • Cubic distortion added to helmet shader
  • Updated common Russifier

Fixes:

• Fixed inconsistencies of monster levels (for example, Beholders appeared in XHUB)
  • Fixed all found bugs with code doors, including the bonus zone in XHUB
  • Fixed the number of items given by the stores
  • Fixed many bugs with Russian localization
  • Multiple fixes of scripts in SEC1
  • Fixed lava sprites
  • Fixed Ogre coloring
  • Improved SEC4 performance
  • Other minor fixes

This version is considered to be quite playable, but we plan to correct the balance of the monsters to version v0.3.0, so, follow the news on our Discord server!

Discussion of the project, as well as a bug report on our Discord server

DOWNLOAD PK3 HERE

Edited by PROPHESSOR : Small format fixes

Not by me! I am pretty excited of the project! But I waiting for an even more complete version to play!

Edited by Naitguolf

Yeah, I am also watching this. It seems very interesting, but I have no time to play much at the moment. Too much mappin‘!

I'm in the same position as Naitguolf. This looks really interesting, but I rather wait for the final build.

The final version is not expected soon...

We need more feedbacks to continue improving the project, especially with regard to the current balance of damage from weapons and monsters.

Edited by PROPHESSOR

Может мало отзывов потому что на русском все? :)

I liked what I saw here. Here's a little feedback/thoughts (in order of the playthrough).
[edit: not that little, I wanted to quickly run through but eventually the game drew my attention till it was all over, so here's a HUUUGE feedback; hope you appreciate]

• Why the doctor tells that I can carry only one medkit at a time but it is really allowed to carry more?
  • I like props (beds, tables, chairs, toilets etc.); more of it plz :)
  • I don't like the axe. Brutal Doom has better one.
  • In real-time version some texts are irrelevant since there are no such thing as, say, "turn". Also there are typos, and the texts should be translated as well (if you won't find the English DoomRPG, I can translate for you). But that Russian translation is the worst, who even translates "lunatic" as "лунатик"? Back in those old days of mobile game I didn't pay much attention to it but now I see all typos and mistakes.
  • In the secret with Green Armor, the one where the console with text about shotgun secret is located, there is something that blocks my way to the armor and console, sorta chair or smth. Dunno if I'm allowed to crouch there (but I did to get this secret)?
  • Thumbs up for the fact I can "extinguish" a Lost Soul :D
  • By the end of the first level the game became pretty laggy.
  • Level 01 (intro) finished: 100%/100%. I like how it was close to the original game's (IIRC). I'm pretty sure I already played this, there was a version with only this level included and with badly implemented extinguisher. Okay, onto the next map!
  • P.S.: Is there a way to open the locked door on level 1? There is something but I can't figure the way to get there (only by noclipping like a wussy :D)
  • There are many typos in texts. Should be fixed.
  • HUB: The man who lost Green KeyCard tells you "Wow, you find my Green KeyCard!" during the first conversation when there is no Green KeyCard in my inventory.
  • I started to like axe :D
  • Some chairs are called "двухярусная койка" :)
  • The text boxes should be wider and higher. For convenience.
  • I nailed the password to the "Door #55" :D Is that supposed to be guessed or I shoud have found it somewhere? [edit: nvm, found a clue a bit later in the game]
  • Every time I come back to the HUB from Yellow Sector, the crate near that three doors respawns. Bug?
  • Doggy Pet is awsom! I really don't remember much of that old DoomRPG, and this game surprises me again and again.
  • I like smooth weapon animations. But axe's one isn't smooth at all, that's why I told that BD's axe is better.
  • I also like the, uhm... "view filter" in Mines Sector (and the one that is applied after the breach). Fits very well.
  • Enemy variants are cool too.
  • Not sure but it seems SSG is weaker than pump shotgun. It shoud be vice versa.
  • Sector 03 completed: 100%/100%.
  • Sector 01 finished. Some door(s) left for further investigation when I will have the sppropriate key(s).
  • Door #13 was opened the same way as Door #55 :)
  • Found the picture Easter Egg (but the title of it unreadable due to low resolution...)
  • Another doggy Egg (pretty easy to find tho :D)
  • Sector 05 completed: 100%/100%.
  • Sector 04 completed: 100%/100%.
  • That respawning crate is a real way to abuse everything: ammo, medkits, etc.
  • Went to sector 01 and finished what's left there (100%/100%). I like those optional areas.
  • Went back to sector 02 and finished there (100%/100%). Everything seems fine so far regarding progression.
  • Spoiler

Opened that "super-secret" door. Collected 3/4 digits so far and brutforced the password :D

• The Gerard ambush (in the room where you get with another soldier): I managed to kill all threats, then spoke to soldier, and he died during the conversation as if someone was attacking him. Strange.

• There's too much of ammo. I think you should decide to low amounts of scattered goods, or the shop will be useless (at least pages with ammo). It's good when player have to use shops to purchase ammo from time to time.
  • Of course I knew the BFG password even before looking for that message :D
  • If you will return to sector 06 after leaving it, the door to the "ambush room" (where the soldier dies) will be locked, and scientist (forgot his name) and previously dead soldier will stand by the door, and they won't be available for interaction/conversation.
  • Sector 06 completed. All monsters are dead, but one secret is missing/unreachable (the trigger is literally "in the wall" so you won't get it w/o the IDCLIP). I have screenshots:
  1. Nlrfp8r.png
  2. 6pnQ9li.png
  • It'd be cool to have those lockers openable with something inside.
  • Sector 07 completed: 100%/100%.
  • Spoiler

Bonus zone (fibonacci door) should be a secret level... probably Hell? It'd be cool!

• Disable Jumping/Crouching?
  • In the HUB after the breach some enemies spawn in locations that I'm not supposed to re-visit (e.g. Yellow Zone's antechamber). Dunno if that was intentional or not.

Wow! Finished that epic journey. At first I expected a demo, but it's in fact a finished thing. No serious bugs spotted, only those minor flaws mentioned above. Dunno how close is it to the original, but it's great as an individual project! Very atmospheric. It's a few hours adventure, and it never gets boring to play till the very end. Music adds a lot to the atmosphere, and it's very pleasant.
The main drawback is texts with typos and errors. And also texts should be corrected according to the fact that it's not a turn-based game. And, of course, we need English version.

And yes, "notebook" needs some visual enhancements. Just bland lines on the screen look very poor.

Spoiler

Спасибо за игру! Теперь я вспомнил, я пару месяцев назад (или полгода) где-то достал демку с 1 уровнем (тот, что "обучение"), и вот целиком игра. Очень достойно!

Как будет время почитаю код и погляжу как у вас сделано, легко ли прикрутить языки и т.д.

Edit:

Поглядел, все через LANGUAGE, отлично. Только нужно достать оригинальные англ. тексты, а то переводить будет не очень точно.

(тут напишу себе на будущее - посмотреть как будет время можно ли сделать интерфейс диалогов/компов более "отзывчивым")

Edited by Mere_Duke

18 hours ago, Mere_Duke said:
  • In the secret with Green Armor, the one where the console with text about shotgun secret is located, there is something that blocks my way to the armor and console, sorta chair or smth. Dunno if I'm allowed to crouch there (but I did to get this secret)?

You SHOULD crouch there.

Если для Вас удобнее писать и играть на русском, лучше было бы оставить отзыв на русском форуме.

On 2/17/2019 at 10:16 PM, Mere_Duke said:
  • Why the doctor tells that I can carry only one medkit at a time but it is really allowed to carry more?

Did you play Russian translation? Yes the translation taken from the original Doom RPG game is very bad. We started the project of correct the Russian translation.

I like props (beds, tables, chairs, toilets etc.); more of it plz :)

Unfortunately, we are limited by the imagination of the mappers of original game. Of course, we will add small additional elements, but the base will remain as in the original.

I don't like the axe. Brutal Doom has better one.

We're working on Axe 3d model.

As for the Doom Brutal, that ax is absolutely non-canonical.

Russian translation is the worst, who even translates "lunatic" as "лунатик"? Back in those old days of mobile game I didn't pay much attention to it but now I see all typos and mistakes.

You can get part in our Translation project

In the secret with Green Armor, the one where the console with text about shotgun secret is located, there is something that blocks my way to the armor and console, sorta chair or smth. Dunno if I'm allowed to crouch there (but I did to get this secret)?

On 2/18/2019 at 4:27 PM, /bin/cat said:

You SHOULD crouch there.

Yes, it is a mini-tutorial how to crouch =D

By the end of the first level the game became pretty laggy.

Write more about it, please

P.S.: Is there a way to open the locked door on level 1? There is something but I can't figure the way to get there (only by noclipping like a wussy :D)

Which door do you mean?

Some chairs are called "двухярусная койка" :)

Which ones?

I nailed the password to the "Door #55" :D Is that supposed to be guessed or I shoud have found it somewhere?

Spoiler

Yes, in Sector 5.

Every time I come back to the HUB from Yellow Sector, the crate near that three doors respawns. Bug?

Feature. As it was in the original game.

I also like the, uhm... "view filter" in Mines Sector (and the one that is applied after the breach). Fits very well.

Oh thanks, it's my work)

Not sure but it seems SSG is weaker than pump shotgun. It shoud be vice versa.

We gonna fix it

Found the picture Easter Egg (but the title of it unreadable due to low resolution...)

"Heroes of Doom" =D

That respawning crate is a real way to abuse everything: ammo, medkits, etc.

Yes, it helps in difficult situations, but it takes time

Spoiler

Opened that "super-secret" door. Collected 3/4 digits so far and brutforced the password :D

Spoiler

The last digit will be in the next sector, so you'll should to go back... Or bruteforce it =D

The Gerard ambush (in the room where you get with another soldier): I managed to kill all threats, then spoke to soldier, and he died during the conversation as if someone was attacking him. Strange.

Gonna fix

There's too much of ammo. I think you should decide to low amounts of scattered goods, or the shop will be useless (at least pages with ammo). It's good when player have to use shops to purchase ammo from time to time.

You can use the shops to upgrade health and characteristics of your hero, so it's your choice to buy an ammo or to upgrade yourself

If you will return to sector 06 after leaving it, the door to the "ambush room" (where the soldier dies) will be locked, and scientist (forgot his name) and previously dead soldier will stand by the door, and they won't be available for interaction/conversation.

Thank's, you found the bug

Sector 06 completed. All monsters are dead, but one secret is missing/unreachable (the trigger is literally "in the wall" so you won't get it w/o the IDCLIP). I have screenshots:

You can get there in normal way.

Bonus zone (fibonacci door) should be a secret level... probably Hell? It'd be cool!

Spoiler

No, this is a secret room in the Destroyed Junction (XHUB) with lots of items

Disable Jumping/Crouching?

No, there're enabled

In the HUB after the breach some enemies spawn in locations that I'm not supposed to re-visit (e.g. Yellow Zone's antechamber). Dunno if that was intentional or not.

It's OK

And yes, "notebook" needs some visual enhancements. Just bland lines on the screen look very poor.

Card

Wow! Finished that epic journey. At first I expected a demo, but it's in fact a finished thing. No serious bugs spotted, only those minor flaws mentioned above. Dunno how close is it to the original, but it's great as an individual project! Very atmospheric. It's a few hours adventure, and it never gets boring to play till the very end. Music adds a lot to the atmosphere, and it's very pleasant.

Thank's for your feedback! The version v0.2.2EAB is a quite completed, we gonna rebalance damages of monsters and weapons, and add RPG system to v0.3.0.
And then there will be only work for catching bugs and finalizing maps, in this we count on the help of the community.

Как будет время почитаю код и погляжу как у вас сделано, легко ли прикрутить языки и т.д.

Языки добавлять очень просто, достаточно создать файл LANGUAGE.XXX, где XXX - код языка (Например, RUS, ENU, ENG). Что же касается доработки русского перевода, рекомендую принять участие в нашем проекте по переводу.

And, of course, we need English version.

I can surprise you, but we're already have the English version... 

In your case, the Russian turned on automatically, according to the system settings. And so, you can just switch the language in the DRRP Menu.

Edited by PROPHESSOR : Small grammar fixes

1 hour ago, PROPHESSOR said:

Если для Вас удобнее писать и играть на русском, лучше было бы оставить отзыв на русском форуме.

No, let's speak English here. I've found this mod at DW and wanted to reply at DW respectively.

I said "все на русском" because I have totally englified OS, and it didn't load .enu data. I didn't even know it's there. But now I see. Repository clone works just fine.

We're working on Axe 3D model.

I don't think single 3D model will fit there. I beleive it's better to just make animation "smoother". Or you plan to add more models?

You can get part in our Translation project

Get it, I'm in.

Yes, it is a mini-tutorial how to crouch =D

But why do one need to crouch? I don't recall places where I need to crawl.

19 hours ago, Mere_Duke said:

By the end of the first level the game became pretty laggy.

Write more about it, please

That was probably something related to my PC, I can't reproduce it now. And later there were no such issues.

P.S.: Is there a way to open the locked door on level 1? There is something but I can't figure the way to get there (only by noclipping like a wussy :D)

Which door do you mean?

The one locked at the tutorial map, type of doors that usually should be opened through the terminal.

Some chairs are called "двухярусная койка" :)

Which ones?

These 4 for example.

cp7KFMh.png

Feature. As it was in the original game.

Yeah, now I remembered.

Also, did you take in account the bug with the secret?

1 minute ago, Mere_Duke said:

I don't think single 3D model will fit there. I beleive it's better to just make animation "smoother". Or you plan to add more models?

We have the model with smooth animation but it's only in .blend file.

2 minutes ago, Mere_Duke said:

But why do one need to crouch? I don't recall places where I need to crawl.

They will there

3 minutes ago, Mere_Duke said:

The one locked at the tutorial map, type of doors that usually should be opened through the terminal.

Could you post a screenshot of it?

4 minutes ago, Mere_Duke said:

These 4 for example.

Thank's, added it to the bugtracker

6 minutes ago, Mere_Duke said:

Also, did you take in account the bug with the secret?

I'll try to reproduce it

[DRRP] Doom RPG Remake Project
  ## v0.3.0 - RPG update ##

DRRP_EA_DISC_3.0.png.3b4b8c36b1b9e717b06e2fc393ec5dff.png

Innovations:

• Added RPG system
  • Upgrading player characteristics in the stores (Strength, Defense, Accuracy, Agility)
  • Now the dogs take all your damage.
  • Now the Axe blocks part of the damage
  • Rebalanced weapons and monsters
  • Notifications about killing all the monsters and finding all the secrets at the level
  • Correction of Russian translation INTRO (Entrance) from Russian Doom Community
  • Added contextual tips (in the right-top corner)
  • Added reverb
  • Animation of door tunnels textures
  • New particles for the transformation and teleportation
  • New Cinematic Scenes (SEC6, XHUB)
  • New Axe sprite by Dez#1563 and PROPHESSOR
  • New Axe sounds, as well as its mechanics
  • Color correction and lighting improvements in SEC1 from @usernameak
  • Other minor innovations

Fixes:

• Many texture fixes on maps
  • Fixed a bug in which the beds had a chair sprite
  • Fixed location of ammo in XHUB
  • Fixed monsters' stuck in caves
  • Fixed many bugs with fire
  • Now revenants don't leave the corpse
  • Fixed lack of Axe pickup sound 
  • Fixed lack of a monster hitting sound with an Axe (thanks to Eagle#6892 for help)
  • Other minor fixes

This release is considered to be a beta version of the DRRP project, so if you find bugs or omissions, let us know on [GitHub](https://github.com/DRRP-Team/DRRP/issues/new), or on our Discord server!

Download pk3

Edited by PROPHESSOR : Link moved to v0.3.0b

Cool. I am replying again the original DooM RPG, before trying DRRP. I love the original game, very playable. I guess the only DRRP available in the real time version, not the turn based.

BTW, the enhanced version of DooM RPG with floors and ceilings was never released isn't?