Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maser

Funny Jump Scares In Doom

I just had one so share your's!

I am playing Doom 2: No Rest For The Living and playing the infamous "Vivisection" map and just had a funny jump scare.  I was dealing with the enemies after hitting the final switch to lower the Red Skull Key and I was dealing with a Cacodemon far away with the Chaingun and as I was dealing with him, two Hell Knights casually walked past me not attacking me, but rather going after the Cacodemon I was dealing with because I guess it's fireballs hit the Hell Knights off screen.  It made me jump because I normally don't have Hell Knights that close to me and not be attacked. 

12 hours ago, TakenStew22 said:

Everytime I trigger multiple Revenants at once and they all do their screech. It's so fucking loud and almost always makes me jump.

The hidden lifts hiding imps at the very beginning of Doom 2's map 05

First time I stumbled upon the freaking lost souls in the SNES Doom.....those were scary are first I tell you!!!

When I am spamming rockets somewhere far away and a Demon dashes in front of me and we both get rekt.

Also, fighting in a dark room and bumming into a Spectre while strafing.

2 hours ago, VGA said:

When I am spamming rockets somewhere far away and a Demon dashes in front of me and we both get rekt.

Also, fighting in a dark room and bumming into a Spectre while strafing.

Speaking of Spectres...the damn flashing light room at the end of E1M5...That was the first time I learned that video games could be scary as hell. That part still makes me tense.

Usually unexpected stuff like loud instapops or silent spectres in the dark will give me a fright. Also usually I curse at those situations, but I rarely find them funny.

1 hour ago, Phobos Anomaly said:

Speaking of Spectres...the damn flashing light room at the end of E1M5...That was the first time I learned that video games could be scary as hell. That part still makes me tense.

Not sure if I'm remembering this right because Doom 2 is my main game, but that room used to annoy the shit outta me and it wasn't until much later in my Doom playing career that I learned that all you had to do was hug the wall after entering that room and you get the night vision goggles and the room is no longer a problem. 

On 10/28/2018 at 1:22 PM, Rimantas said:

I had most of them in Doom 3. In classic Doom - if something unexpected happens very suddenly.

I still can't look at bathroom mirrors without getting a panic attack.

18 hours ago, Maser said:

Not sure if I'm remembering this right because Doom 2 is my main game, but that room used to annoy the shit outta me and it wasn't until much later in my Doom playing career that I learned that all you had to do was hug the wall after entering that room and you get the night vision goggles and the room is no longer a problem. 

True, it's just to the left of the main door you normally enter from. But when I was a kid, I didn't know it was there. Add to that the fact that back then, I played with keyboard exclusively and didn't even strafe, that room was a pain in the ass.

I will never forget getting to the end of episode one on Doom

and the hell knights appearing and screaming for the first time!
now that was scary!

In map 02 of Nomonochrome

there are four chaingunners hiddeninside a wall when I passed the trigger line 

one of them sounded ‘YOU WILL DIE’ I got so scared that I literally fell outta my chair

Nightmare pinkies and spectres have gotten the physical jump scare reaction out of me. Fuckers move at the speed of light and have chomped me in unsuspecting scenarios.