Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Korikon

My first map im uploading

There's some bugs and stuff I don't know how to fix the missing textures at the start I've tried a lot I'm really new to making doom wads I'm making this for my friend http://www.mediafire.com/file/fywuirdcrd7yhrn/WADFORPARKCAR.wad  

EDIT: alright for you guys asking for the engine I tested it in GZdoom I don't know if it works in Zandoronum or Zdoom. It doesn't work in Eternity from what I know. Thanks to everyone for the criticism I'll do better next time I did do some really bad mistakes. That wad was definitely not good. P.S. I legit posted my updates in the morning and used up all my posts today on accident because I was being retarded.

Edited by Korikon : Some more information. also fixed the link XD

For people wondering, remove the "/file" at the end of the link and copy paste it into your browser to get the wad. To the OP, im not sure why... but when i checked in slade, there seems to be hundreds of random unused textures bundled inside this wad, making it a 9MB file.. was this intentional?

here is my review of the wad:

the beginning isn't too hard, a room full of low tier enemies, (missing textures), the next room is the same but full of imp and demons. then the level gets really dark with no transition, (bright to pitch black) the lighting is used good, but the only down side is there's a trap which if not careful you fall in and can't get out, (several of theses places, the width of some doors are too small to the point where you have to fight to get yourself through it.) overall  not pretty bad for a first map! just try to improve what i said.

9 hours ago, bemused said:

For people wondering, remove the "/file" at the end of the link and copy paste it into your browser to get the wad. To the OP, im not sure why... but when i checked in slade, there seems to be hundreds of random unused textures bundled inside this wad, making it a 9MB file.. was this intentional?

Nope That was an accident... sorry

2 hours ago, Thedoctor989 said:

here is my review of the wad:

the beginning isn't too hard, a room full of low tier enemies, (missing textures), the next room is the same but full of imp and demons. then the level gets really dark with no transition, (bright to pitch black) the lighting is used good, but the only down side is there's a trap which if not careful you fall in and can't get out, (several of theses places, the width of some doors are too small to the point where you have to fight to get yourself through it.) overall  not pretty bad for a first map! just try to improve what i said.

Thanks I'll try better next time :P

1 hour ago, Dragonfly said:

I'd suggest taking a quick look here @Korikon

Should help you draw attention to your map and get more players.

Damn thanks I'll take a look

You can edit your post to fix the link and you can quote and respond multiple people in a single post. I guess this is the first time using an internet forum.