Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath666

420 blaze it [weed][marihuana][thc][legalized it]

Haven't smoked in 6 years, but I did end up buying some 30 minutes after the online store opened at 12am on Wednesday October 17. Finally received my order yesterday and I live like an hour away from the warehouse. In Ontario, you can only buy legal cannabis from the Ontario Cannabis Store and they were mega unprepared for the demand.

I'm playing zdaemon coop tonight, please help kill monsters.

The stores are all out of stock here in Quebec. They're just opening 3 days per weeks now due to lack of stuff, which is pretty funny. However, it made no difference at all in general, people will continue to get weed from their usual source, but can now smoke legally. Trudeau is pretty dumb to think he will erase black market with his weed shops lmao.

13 minutes ago, DesecratorJ said:

The stores are all out of stock here in Quebec. They're just opening 3 days per weeks now due to lack of stuff, which is pretty funny. However, it made no difference at all in general, people will continue to get weed from their usual source, but can now smoke legally. Trudeau is pretty dumb to think he will erase black market with his weed shops lmao.

I purchased some from the Ontario Cannabis store, and it's of an exponentially higher quality than anything I've ever seen in my life. Fairly cheap as well. I haven't actually bothered to smoke any of it yet, as I rarely ever touch the stuff. Nobody ever said legalization would nullify black market sales, but it definitely already has weakened it.

Apparently there's a shop not too far away from my uni. The administration already sent some emails detailing the weed policy, including some harsh fines.

As a novice driver, I'm incredibly wary of more people driving under the effects of devil's lettuce than before, since the countries and states that legalized marijuana prior to Canada did register an increase in traffic accidents, and not an entirely negligible one.

Spoiler

As someone who's never smoked anything, is cannabis worth at least trying, or does alcohol achieve the same result?

48 minutes ago, ScreechingBoner said:

Apparently there's a shop not too far away from my uni. The administration already sent some emails detailing the weed policy, including some harsh fines.

As a novice driver, I'm incredibly wary of more people driving under the effects of devil's lettuce than before, since the countries and states that legalized marijuana prior to Canada did register an increase in traffic accidents, and not an entirely negligible one.

Hide contents

As someone who's never smoked anything, is cannabis worth at least trying, or does alcohol achieve the same result?

Alcohol doesn't do the same thing at all, but the effect of weed and alcohol combined are pretty intense, but not always in a cool way. Anyway, it doesn't affect everyone the same way so you'll only know when you will have compared both.

Over time the legal market will kill off the black market. You don't legalize for immediate benefits, but for the long term. In 20 years, there will be an entire Canadian generation of dopesmokers that have never interacted with a single drugs dealer. That's what you do it for.

It's tempting for me, but I feel it could become a new thing to start spending money on when I need to be saving. It's less than a 30 minute walk to get to the closest store selling pot. Over here, they are selling it in the liquor stores.

3 hours ago, TimeOfDeath666 said:

I'm playing zdaemon coop tonight, please help kill monsters.

When can we expect to see "time of cannabis" on your YouTube channel? ;-)

Oh, I know a Canadian who has been smoking for years, but now I realize that it was only possible due to his epilepsy (so, medical use) I guess. In any case, congratulations! Also I didn't know you still play ZDaemon. :)

46 minutes ago, Doominator2 said:

Now maybe Quebec can finally fix the roads with all the money their making from cannabis? 

That would be awesome indeed, but i'm already guessing that it won't happen, big cities like Montreal are already in ruins, you don't want to drive there, it's so messy that I would prefer taking the Metro or just walking.

45 minutes ago, FractalBeast said:

In 20 years, there will be an entire Canadian generation of dopesmokers

lol I sense a bright future.

2 hours ago, ScreechingBoner said:

I haven't heard about that, but I can imagine that novice smokers might have a hard time focusing on driving. I have to say though, it's not impairing the way alcohol is. I could be higher than God and still drive safely. The main difference is that I'll forget to take exits. I do smoke constantly however, so I'm very used to the effects. 

The question is, do you want to try it? It's so very different from booze. I mean, it can make you feel relaxed, and give you a headache if you do too much. That's about it for similarities. It can also make you feel giddy, thoughtful, and sometimes incredibly nervous. It can be uncomfortable. When alcohol gets uncomfortable, it's usually because you are sick to your stomach and dizzy. When weed gets uncomfortable, it's usually because your heart is racing and you can't stop thinking about all the strange interconnections of life and your place in the universe and whether or not your parents are proud of you.

In the time I've lived in Washington State they legalized weed. I actually smell weed less frequently now than I used to (it's banned from being smoked in public). So far it's all gone very smoothly from what I can tell. People seem to respect the law quite diligently.

The thing I wasn't expecting was the rise of the 'weed connoisseur'. I've sat on the bus and listened to guys wax lyrical about the various benefits of various strains with the same heady superiority that a wine or whiskey buff talks about tannins or legs or whatever.  It's definitely rapidly shed its underground image.

I edited this video out because it was too big and taking up a lot of space.

Edited by Ajora

37 minutes ago, Bauul said:

In the time I've lived in Washington State they legalized weed. I actually smell weed less frequently now than I used to (it's banned from being smoked in public). So far it's all gone very smoothly from what I can tell. People seem to respect the law quite diligently.

The thing I wasn't expecting was the rise of the 'weed connoisseur'. I've sat on the bus and listened to guys wax lyrical about the various benefits of various strains with the same heady superiority that a wine or whiskey buff talks about tannins or legs or whatever.  It's definitely rapidly shed its underground image.

Well those people probably already knew that stuff already, its just that now they feel more comfortable talking publicly about it without getting in possible legal trouble. Back in the prohibition days there were probably lots of alcohol connoisseurs but they just didn't talk about it publicly for obvious reasons

I wish Australia would follow this lead. People behind bars for marijuana makes no sense. Purchasing should be a simple and safe process. Nice to hear good news!

3 hours ago, therektafire said:

Well those people probably already knew that stuff already, its just that now they feel more comfortable talking publicly about it without getting in possible legal trouble. 

It seems different now. Now it's legal, producers have really doubled down on the quality aspect. They employ world class horticultural experts to oversea the farms, and each producer creates dozens of different strains; you can walk into a dispensary and there are literally hundreds of different types of weed available.  Each has (supposedly) not only different flavors, but didn't effects too. They're named like a brewery would name their beers, and there are the equivalent experts available to talk to you in depth about each and every one of them.  

You can't just walk in and ask for weed, you almost have to go through a survey to establish exactly what kind of high you're looking for. Most people I know don't even smoke it any more: they buy it in pre-mixed butter for baking, or they vape it. Smoking it is just seen as a bit uncultured.  It's a new world, that's for sure!

3 hours ago, Bauul said:

Most people I know don't even smoke it any more: they buy it in pre-mixed butter for baking, or they vape it. Smoking it is just seen as a bit uncultured.  It's a new world, that's for sure!

Hm I suspected that would happen. Why smoke it when you can just get quality edibles premade instead, its the objectively healthier option. smoking sucks and smoking is smoking regardless of what the original substance is whether it be tobacco or weed or whatever, smoke is smoke after all. I didn't think much about it before but come to think of it I imagine most people smoked it before just because it just used to be more convenient to do that, not anymore though (at least for people who live in places where it's legal like canadal) :)

I misread the title as "recreational cannibals legal in Canada" and thought "wow, guess I should stay the hell out of there"

Right now I'm trying remember the name of song that starts with someone saying "People call me murderar, cause killing is vat me enjoye. Yes yes, yaow yaooowwww." It's one of the very few reggaeton songs I enjoy hearing, but I can't even remember who it was by. 

I personally don't smoke, I don't even drink alcohol. I'm just hoping that whomever is using these substances is respectful of the people around them. I'm not going to get in the way of people trying to enjoy it, I just don't want to smell second-hand weed and would prefer that I don't need to ask whether or not these pastries will make me high (as in, they better be clearly labeled regardless of whether or not they're home made). I'm in university right now, so avoiding this should be fun...

CONVENIENT ILLUSTRATIVE PERSONAL ANECDOTE:

Spoiler

I was waiting in line for a concert the other day and someone in front of me legit pulled out a joint and was prepared to light in in the middle of a crowd of strangers. This was an older guy too, probably in his early forties. A much larger man noticed and informed him that the thirty other people standing around him probably do not want to inhale his second-hand pot. He was seriously angered by the collective selfishness of the crowd. Regardless, it was obvious that if that joint was lit someone was going to get socked in the face repeatedly, so he put it away.

I'm also highly concerned about young children gaining easy access to marijuana, but I guess it's not that much different from making sure your children don't have easy access to alcohol before you've educated them about it...

On 10/31/2018 at 5:23 AM, therektafire said:

smoking sucks and smoking is smoking regardless of what the original substance is whether it be tobacco or weed or whatever, smoke is smoke after all.

No, not really. Some types of smoke are more carcinogenic than others. And of course it's not healthy but I happen to enjoy the act of smoking, edibles are cool but eating your weed lacks the ritualistic/oral fixation aspect. But anyway I live in the USA where "uncultured" is a compliment.

I stopped smoking and switched to a herbal vaporiser shortly before my kid was born - initially I did miss certain aspects of the smoking ritual, but the experience is markedly more enjoyable on pretty much every other front I've no temptation to smoke again.

On topic: Go Canada! Ten years ago I'd have said that there was zero chance of a similar change happening here in the UK, but these days I'm more optimistic.

The shitty aspect is all the established grey area dispensaries have to close down. They have to close down and jump through all the new government framework. Not everyone will be able to do so. 

Some people complain about new workplace policies preventing them from using and having recreational cannabis on their person. It's the same as having alcohol. There's impairment. Not impairment in the same way, but there is. 

I'm happy the government opted to use a proper vendor for web sales. Usually they use garbage like IBM, who then treats it like a blank cheque. They write a pile of broken garbage that barely works. Then they keep billing the government to fix their own pile of inefficient dogshit. Millions upon millions later over the initial cost, it becomes functional. 

Nine Inch Heels - probably never, but I did make my Road Rash 64 commentary video right after smoking.
memfis - I recently got better internet so now I can play zdaemon again.

I ended up smoking a tiny joint on Tuesday and it absolutely destroyed me. Was not prepared for that. So this will probably only be for special occasions for me, if at all.

I notice that weed is getting stronger and stronger in general, sometimes it's just too much. I wonder if you can request the lowest strength stuff they stock next time around so it doesn't totally slam you? Idk how it all works, I've never had the chance to buy in a legal setting (cries)

Yeah I ended up getting a strain with high THC % because I thought I could handle it, and it was the highest I've ever been. Went straight to my bed and waited for the high to die down a bit while listening to music. Best music listening experience I've ever had though haha. After 3 hours I finally felt more relaxed and played coopbuild on zdaemon until 4am.

OK, so does Doomworld have a weed thread now? I guess since it's legal there's no reason not to have one? Ok, sure.

14 hours ago, Doomkid said:

I notice that weed is getting stronger and stronger in general, sometimes it's just too much.

The higher the amount of thc, the higher the risk of a psychosis. This has been know for a long time now.

I've "lost" 2 school-buddies of mine to that disorder and they have to take medication (neuroleptica) with ugly side effects (random spastic and parkinson-like limb and face movements, abnormal weight gain and feeling like living in a bubble, because neuroleptica dampens the emotional part of the brain) for the rest of their lives.

And they're only a little older than 30... Schizophrenia is incurable, never forget this! Ugh, this is so sick, you Idiots are playing with your lives! Not everything you learn in school is of use, but drug advice for SURE is!