Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scotty

Cabal (OTEX) - Demo Available!

6 minutes ago, bioshockfan90 said:

Not to be confused with this Cabal, I assume?

Screenshots look amazing, I can't wait to play this!

Ah. I was not aware of this as i couldn't find anything of the same name in the archives. It's just a name to me though, if it avoids confusion i can work something else out, not a big deal.

@Scotty Screenshots look absolutely stunning! Looking forward to this.

Would you mind giving a little bit more info on the project? You said that it's a small mapset, but how many maps are there? How big are the maps and, say, how much time would a casual walkthrough of an average map take?

Just now, AL-97 said:

@Scotty Screenshots look absolutely stunning! Looking forward to this.

Would you mind giving a little bit more info on the project? You said that it's a small mapset, but how many maps are there? How big are the maps and, say, how much time would a casual walkthrough of an average map take?

Yo. To answer your questions...

- i'll finish as many as i can that are built to the standards i deem to be good, within the set timescale... It literally depends on how many hours i have spare in the interim. A rough estimate would be 6-8 maps.

- these are combat focused maps so i guess time spent depends on skill of the player. Maps are currently of varying sizes and enemy counts, from single digits to hundreds. But hopefully replay value is offered soo... the sky is the limit?

Hello!

IRL has really gotten in the way in the past month or so but i am pleased to share a two map demo set for you all to see some of the wad in action now. HMP has been quickly implemented for this demo. Tested mostly in PRBoom+ 2.5.1.5 so far. I haven't even gotten to giving out maps to my playtesters yet so rest assured any jank will be dealt with in due course!

On mercredi 31 octobre 2018 at 2:03 AM, Scotty said:

Ah. I was not aware of this as i couldn't find anything of the same name in the archives. It's just a name to me though, if it avoids confusion i can work something else out, not a big deal.

Given the industrial look, something like "Techno-Cabal" would work well enough to avoid ambiguity.

Scotty, I think something's missing in your wad because both GLBoom+ 2.5.1.4 and .5 crash and show this text: "R_TextureNumForName: OBASEM49 not found" 

No I wasn't, thought they were included in the demo. I think that could be specified better in the OP imo. Anyways, yummy design, happy to see arachnorbs back even if they behave a little more aggressive than in Valiant, and fun setups all around. Wish I recrded a blind HMP fda because I managed to never die or be close to it, though the difficulty felt very casual/accessible for a first playthrough (second map, of course). I also did a couple nomo researches for HOMs or misaligned textures and I haven't noticed any, so that's good.  

The only thing that needs a cosmetic fix is the word "SHEL" in the status bar. 

Definitely excited to meet the rest of you work someday :) 

12 hours ago, Scotty said:

IRL has really gotten in the way in the past month

I reckon this has happened to many of us at some point so don't push yourself too hard. I for one prefer to wait for a full release.