Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xanrer

What was the name of the source port that allowed to make projectiles loop infinitely with portals?

There was this video about an engine and how its so good with teleportation and infinite loops, the video was comparing that engine with gzdoom but i cannot remember the name of the sourceport, and ideas?

12 hours ago, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

I believe Eternity Engine had such a demonstration?

OMG thank you that was it!

Speaking of Eternity Engine, whats all this fuss around it? There even is a its own thread in the mainpage on doomworld unlike all the other sourceports which all are listed under the thread "sourceports". I mean im a gzdoom user but should i check it out?

Well, I'm no Eternity expert.  I believe the reason it has a forum here is because it's always been hosted on Doomworld (from back when Doomworld hosted subpages) as opposed to projects that had their own hosting.

As for the port itself, it's a bit of a catch-22 as far as I know; no one uses it because there are no interesting projects for it and there are no interesting projects for it because no one uses it.  Feature-wise it's sort of a midpoint between Boom-type and GZDoom-type ports; it still tries to maintain a higher degree of accuracy but also adds in more modding features.  It also can do the stuff it does without an OpenGL renderer, unlike GZDoom and EDGE.

From strictly a player perspective I don't think it offers you terribly much more than PrBoom+ at the moment.  They've been promising Heretic/Hexen support for years but last I checked they still don't work to a playable degree.

2 hours ago, Gez said:

There are a few interesting maps made for Eternity. I'd suggest to check out at least Vaporware Demo and Mothership, since they are the most recent demonstrations of what EE can do. There's also Waste Vats and Maniac Ridge that I've yet to try. Older and therefore less advanced in what features they use, but still worth a look, you have Ogro Power Facility and De Kerker.

I was trying EE with some vanilla ultimate doom and something kind of caught my attention. There is slight smoothing on the mouse, it almost feels like the slight smooth turning that doom originally had for keyboards, doesn't matter how much i changed the mouse sensitivities it was always there. I checked smoothing options and it was already off. Is there a solution for this or do i have to just get used to it?

Also why creators of gzdoom doesn't imploment these EE only features to gzdoom? I mean no offense but source code is already there and its an open project and by itself EE feels more like a "concept of what can be achieved" than anything.

1 hour ago, xanrer said:

I was trying EE with some vanilla ultimate doom and something kind of caught my attention. There is slight smoothing on the mouse, it almost feels like the slight smooth turning that doom originally had for keyboards, doesn't matter how much i changed the mouse sensitivities it was always there. I checked smoothing options and it was already off. Is there a solution for this or do i have to just get used to it?

If you have mouse smoothing off, then there's no mouse smoothing. What you might be noticing instead is a side effect of camera interpolation, if you have interpolation turned on. 

1 hour ago, xanrer said:

Also why creators of gzdoom doesn't imploment these EE only features to gzdoom? I mean no offense but source code is already there and its an open project and by itself EE feels more like a "concept of what can be achieved" than anything.

Eternity is not a concept port (it's vastly too big to be such a thing) and not everything has to be gzdoom. Besides, one can easily argue that GZDoom itself leaves much to be desired as well, namely it's not a particular good Doom port with its numerous behavioral differences and incompatibilities. There must not and should never be one port for everything if each port has fundamentally different goals.

Edited by Edward850

1 hour ago, Edward850 said:

If you have mouse smoothing off, then there's no mouse smoothing. What you might be noticing instead is a side effect of camera interpolation, if you have interpolation turned on. 

Yyep works better now thanks. However without interpolation rotating becomes extremely jaggy, first i thought it might be about accuracy however i do have dosbox doom and chocolate doom and they rotate quite smooth. Probably has to do something with the fact i play with 50 sensitivity :p then it came to my mind though my mouse does known for having some problems with some games. So i tested it aaand... Yyep it's my mouse :p my bad on that part.

1 hour ago, Edward850 said:

Eternity is not a concept port (it's vastly too big to be such a thing) and not everything has to be gzdoom. Besides, one can easily argue that GZDoom itself leaves much to be desired as well, namely it's not a particular good Doom port with its numerous behavioral differences and incompatibilities. There must not and should never be one port for everything if each port has fundamentally different goals.

Tbh i actually see this kind of comment coming from someone the second i typed the word concept.

I do agree with the "not everything has to be gzdoom" part, so when i want to play close to original i use chocolate doom.

And i do agree the "There must not and should never be one port for everything if each port has fundamentally different goals." part as well however when it comes to different goals there is just a few goals source ports would want to achieve that comes to my mind.

Namely:

• Direct Porting: Getting the game on a newer os while staying close as possible to original. (Chocolate DOOM, DOOM95)
  • Bettering: Making the game easier to use and better to play while staying close as possible to original. (Crispy DOOM, Retro DOOM)
  • Advancing: Making the game more advanced than it is by changing and advancing lots of things about it. (ZDOOM family, EDGE, BOOM family, Doomsday)

However when i try to put EE on any of these categories, it just doesn't fit. It feels like it doesn't even know what it wants to be, it's staying close to original yet adding really advanced stuff.  There is little to no maps uses it's advances (though ones that used where really cool) so its not a successful "Advancing" port either, It is no where as accurate as Chocolate DOOM or Crispy DOOM so its not a "Direct" or "Bettering" port. So can you please tell me that whats EE's "fundamentally different goal"? Closest thing that i can put it as is "Advancing" port however those advances has almost no replayability due to lack of wads that only uses EE's advances unlike GZDOOM.

40 minutes ago, xanrer said:

However without interpolation rotating becomes extremely jaggy, first i thought it might be about accuracy however i do have dosbox doom and chocolate doom and they rotate quite smooth.

Interpolation doesn't actually affects the mouse, it affects the rendering. Doom runs at 35Hz always, so the only way to get a higher framerate is to interpolate object and camera positions between frames. Your mouse input however does not increase (playsim still runs at 35Hz) so some people perceive less control with more frames. Can't explain why Chocolate appears smoother so I can only say it's somehow resolution related.

It is no where as accurate as Chocolate DOOM or Crispy DOOM so its not a "Direct" or "Bettering" port.

Actually it is. Notice that Demos still work, and for demos to work your port needs to be 100% accurate as they are just sequences of player inputs. If you can't play back a demo or it goes out of sync, your port isn't vanilla accurate (or the demo requires memory overflow reproduction, although that's a typically unnecessary and on rarer cases impossible requirement).

So can you please tell me that whats EE's "fundamentally different goal"?

In essence, it's a continuation of Boom/SMMU but with vastly more advanced features such as the aforementioned portals and scripting systems (plus upcoming support for angelscript) for most engine behavior, while maintaining Doom's gameplay accuracy. Kinda like what ZDoom used to be +Demo compatibility until ZD took some weird left turn and decided to change everything.

Edited by Edward850

EE is limited to the realm of "hey cool portals" it excells at those and offers nothing else to stand out

8 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Interpolation doesn't actually affects the mouse, it affects the rendering. Doom runs at 35Hz always, so the only way to get a higher framerate is to interpolate object and camera positions between frames. Your mouse input however does not increase (playsim still runs at 35Hz) so some people perceive less control with more frames. Can't explain why Chocolate appears smoother so I can only say it's somehow resolution related.

Nope not resolution related, i tested windowed 800x600. It feels more like shuttering more than anything but only while rotating.

8 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Actually it is. Notice that Demos still work, and for demos to work your port needs to be 100% accurate as they are just sequences of player inputs. If you can't play back a demo, your port isn't vanilla accurate.

So you saying that it's a vanilla like port. Then whats it's pluses compare to other vanilla like ports? Like i say it really feels like it also doesn't really know what it wants to be.

4 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Portals, Dynamic segs (unrestricted poly objects), advanced actor definitions and scripting... Heck just go here https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Eternity_Engine

OK but how often are those are getting used. That's why im saying it has no pluses compare to vanilla ports.

It's up to you to use them in custom maps. Just like any other feature set, the ports don't make the maps for you.

Although technically the EDF stuff does get used all the time as the actors were externalised to them.

I'd suggest looking at the maps that Gez pointed out to you that use these features

6 hours ago, Gez said:

There are a few interesting maps made for Eternity. I'd suggest to check out at least Vaporware Demo and Mothership, since they are the most recent demonstrations of what EE can do. There's also Waste Vats and Maniac Ridge that I've yet to try. Older and therefore less advanced in what features they use, but still worth a look, you have Ogro Power Facility and De Kerker.

So for short, when you don't use those settings it has no plus to vanilla based sourceports. And when you use those settings it loses touch with vanilla, so it becomes an advancing port that doesn't really has to much content compare to wide library that GZDOOM has. 

... Huh? What you just stated is absolute nonsense. You've kind of presented Eternity with an impossible request, it can be a vanilla compat port with advanced features, it doesn't have to be black/white. Meanwhile somehow lambasting it for not doing enough?

I'm not sure you yourself know what you want.

Well you both get what i said and didn't. The main point that im trying to touch is the lack of the wads that uses EE's features, thus making EE just a unpopular vanilla like.

6 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

I'm not sure you yourself know what you want.

And im quite sure of what i want, a fully featured source port that doesn't looks like an experiment.

I gotta go sleep (europe time sorry mate) see you tomorrow :D

3 hours ago, xanrer said:

The main point that im trying to touch is the lack of the wads that uses EE's features, thus making EE just a unpopular vanilla like.

Well then make some maps then. It's not going to get anybody by just complaining that nobody has made any, you have to take action. Be the change that you want to see.

3 hours ago, xanrer said:

And im quite sure of what i want, a fully featured source port that doesn't looks like an experiment.

Well Eternity is fully featured and doesn't look like an experiment, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Its menus look pretty fucking 90s, but that's unavoidable given its origin, and you wouldn't be the only one who wants those replaced. But if you're gonna call it experimental because of the menus, then you might as well call PRBoom+ experimental, and that couldn't be any more off base if you tried.

Edited by Edward850

@xanrer: You're experiencing resistance in this thread because I think you've been drawn into making some unfair conclusions about Eternity.

ZDoom has become an extremely popular port, and that popularity can pull the spotlight away from other ports. ZDoom deserves the popularity it enjoys - it can render all the idTech1 games, and it is highly moddable. One drawback it that it doesn't maintain complete compatibility with those original engines, as it chooses to abandon various gameplay mechanics, in favor of sensible choices and, again full moddability.

Eternity also aims to be highly moddable, but it's late to the scene. However, original engine compatibility is of high priority in Eternity. Eternity gameplay ranges from exact vanilla to highly customizable. Eternity also boasts some nice unique features. But it's a chicken vs. egg issue: To get mappers interested in a source port, that port needs players. Yet, to get players, a port needs mappers creating maps that utilize the engines features.

Claiming that Eternity is nowhere as compatible as <whatever> demonstrates ignorance of what it can do. Calling it an "unpopular vanilla-like", and an "experiment" is just disrespectful, rude, and narrow-minded.

You do realize that these source ports are labors-of-love, being given to you for free for your enjoyment and entertainment, from generous people that do not get paid, and believe in the concept of free software, right? Their ports are available to anyone - to be played, to be modified. To be promoted. Or criticized.

You went from curiosity, to actively dissing this port - why? Because of their generousity, and vulnerability, statements like yours can really hurt people's feelings. Why not make a nice port-specific map, and support their growth? You might find that this software has some cool features that you wished were in other ports. If you have a mouse issue, submit a bug report. This might lead to a fix, which will, at least, help the next guy have a better impression.

You see, that's what Doom's about. Carmack started this idea with Doom, by making the WAD format, which allowed anyone to easily modify the resources. He also released the source, which allowed the community to improve the game, by sharing and communicating. That's what you can do to help: Report bugs, make maps, promote *all* source ports, and encourage the mappers and developers.

Dooming is so rich and powerful these days, because people share their maps, resources, and code. Because people submit bug reports. And because people encourage everyone to try out new engines, maps, and resources, in a positive way.

When you crap on a port, you're crapping on everyone that came before you, and many that will come later. Why not do the right thing, instead? Do your part.

5 hours ago, xanrer said:

So for short, when you don't use those settings it has no plus to vanilla based sourceports.

EE player-side features you won't necessarily find in other "vanilla-based source ports":

• Smart crosshair that changes color when an enemy is aligned ("monster highlighting")
  • Optional particle effects for blood splats and bullet puffs, as well as special weapon effects like rocket trails or BFG clouds
  • Can change the way the BFG works, with different effects to try
  • Arbitrary resolution
  • A more precise renderer
  • A music equalizer

Now maybe that's not enough for you. And that's okay -- everyone's got their personal favorite, and there's no reason any given port has to be everything for everyone. If you prefer using another port for vanilla wads, it's just fine. But given that your original question was about the demonstration of advanced mapping features (namely, portals), of course that's what the answers you got focused on; and of course advanced mapping features are only found in maps that make use of them.

So I just played Mothership as per the recommendation in this thread. Now I didn't particularly care for the map itself. But it made it clear that EE actually is where I needed it to be when I were still making Doom maps. Dunno if I'll get around to ever making a Doom map for EE still. But I certainly will be thinking about it. The last years of me working on my Heretic and Hexen mods, EE was the port I was looking at a lot because it was so true to the original feel, but still incorperated the most important feature of them all. The portals. And now that EE actually got the physics figured out, that certainly makes it a whole lot more attractive to work with.

13 hours ago, Edward850 said:

Well Eternity is fully featured and doesn't look like an experiment, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Its menus look pretty fucking 90s, but that's unavoidable given its origin, and you wouldn't be the only one who wants those replaced. But if you're gonna call it experimental because of the menus, then you might as well call PRBoom+ experimental, and that couldn't be any more off base if you tried.

I actually didn't say a thing about menus, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13 hours ago, Edward850 said:

Well then make some maps then. It's not going to get anybody by just complaining that nobody has made any, you have to take action. Be the change that you want to see.

Well i rather go with GZDOOM since it has lots more features.

7 hours ago, Gez said:

EE player-side features you won't necessarily find in other "vanilla-based source ports":

• Smart crosshair that changes color when an enemy is aligned ("monster highlighting")
  • Optional particle effects for blood splats and bullet puffs, as well as special weapon effects like rocket trails or BFG clouds
  • Can change the way the BFG works, with different effects to try
  • Arbitrary resolution
  • A more precise renderer
  • A music equalizer

Now maybe that's not enough for you. And that's okay -- everyone's got their personal favorite, and there's no reason any given port has to be everything for everyone. If you prefer using another port for vanilla wads, it's just fine. But given that your original question was about the demonstration of advanced mapping features (namely, portals), of course that's what the answers you got focused on; and of course advanced mapping features are only found in maps that make use of them.

Thank you for explaining things completely and without personally pounding me. I did turn a blind eye to those since i was focusing spesificly on the mapping features, you're right my bad on that part. :)

8 hours ago, kb1 said:

You're experiencing resistance in this thread because I think you've been drawn into making some unfair conclusions about Eternity.

8 hours ago, kb1 said:

When you crap on a port, you're crapping on every...

8 hours ago, kb1 said:

Claiming that Eternity is nowhere as compatible as <whatever> demonstrates ignorance of what it can do. Calling it an "unpopular vanilla-like", and an "experiment" is just disrespectful, rude, and narrow-minded.

I really needed this constructive criticism thank you!

8 hours ago, kb1 said:

statements like yours can really hurt people's feelings.

Now that would be horrible wouldn't it?

Since we are done with personal insults (i hope) here are my answers:

After reading @Gez's comment i was quite softened And before the "narrow-minded" part i was getting more and more soft about the topic. In fact i was getting so soft that i was thinking on going back to my old map idea that i cancelled because of GZDOOM's shortcomings on portals. That comment on the other hand bring me back to the realty.

Here is a tip for ya: If you want to convince others about being nice and not "ignorant" about this "labor-of-love" community, do not attack them personally. I know this is crazy but believe it or not that tends to make matters worse and worse as like the history showed us again and again. 

9 hours ago, kb1 said:

You see, that's what Doom's about. Carmack started this idea with Doom,

8 hours ago, kb1 said:

Eternity also aims to be highly moddable, but it's late to the scene.

18 Years didn't really worked out really well i assume. That's the problem with these engines, you can dream all you want but these kind of engines will never be getting the support it deserves as long as there is something far superior on the number one spot.

I firstly just wanted to say my sorries to @Gez and then close the topic on that note but there always has to be this one guy thinks they fight for some holly course and they don't care how far they go with it.

9 hours ago, kb1 said:

You do realize that these source ports are labors-of-love, being given to you for free for your enjoyment and entertainment, from generous people that do not get paid, and believe in the concept of free software, right? Their ports are available to anyone - to be played, to be modified. To be promoted. Or criticized.

You went from curiosity, to actively dissing this port - why? Because of their generousity, and vulnerability, statements like yours can really hurt people's feelings. Why not make a nice port-specific map, and support their growth? You might find that this software has some cool features that you wished were in other ports. If you have a mouse issue, submit a bug report. This might lead to a fix, which will, at least, help the next guy have a better impression.

With that mentality we should all stop "crapping" on the thinks we don't like and be the part of the solution! Wake up cinderella it's 12o'clock. Even though it sounds fantastic to believe everything could be that beautiful, humanity doesn't work like that and i am a mere human.

As this argument first started what i said was pretty tamed:

18 hours ago, xanrer said:

I mean no offense but source code is already there and its an open project and by itself EE feels more like a "concept of what can be achieved" than anything.

What drive me to position im in was non convincing answers and holly protectors of nonsense such as you @kb1. I tried to be respectful as much as possible to any individual while i sound my opinion. If the first answer i got was @Gez's i could just stop where i am but this opened the door to an whole different thing. Your passive aggressive comment just shows why there is no where as much people in EE community compare to Prboom+, ZDOOM, Doomsday. You act like an complete minorities, make others look like villains by saying they are disrespectful to the community while being disrespectful to them personally.

I am my own person and i don't have to be part of your supporting dreamland. So stop aggressively convincing others to part of your community. I could end this by easily saying "Gee dude calm down no need to get personal. You do have points there but no need for personal insults" but someone had to tell you outrageous you sound.

5 hours ago, kristus said:

So I just played Mothership as per the recommendation in this thread. Now I didn't particularly care for the map itself. But it made it clear that EE actually is where I needed it to be when I were still making Doom maps. Dunno if I'll get around to ever making a Doom map for EE still. But I certainly will be thinking about it. The last years of me working on my Heretic and Hexen mods, EE was the port I was looking at a lot because it was so true to the original feel, but still incorperated the most important feature of them all. The portals. And now that EE actually got the physics figured out, that certainly makes it a whole lot more attractive to work with.

Glad you like it my dude i hope works out great for you!

I found vanilla eternity mapping format so cool. It has all cool features that I wish that boom could have - putting wall textures on floors, portals, all extra stuff which you can allow through special lump without altering doom things and bestiary and still rely on old methods while mapping. I know I could use eternity udmf, which allows more freedom and more cool stuff to do without relying on special lumps besides emapinfo and eternity's decorate, but before that I need finish my vanilla eternity map. It's like middle ground between boom and zdoom/gzdoom. 

Honestly, I just recommend open gzdoom builder or any other builder with eternity setup and just check out if it will satisfy your mapping needs, if not move to your comfortable mapping formats ;)

A "holly course"? I think you mean a "holy crusade".

Tips? Here's a better tip: When a description of your actions feels like a personal insult, that's a clue. But, if you look carefully, I didn't insult your person once. I did claim that your comments were unfounded and not backed by reality. I said your conclusions might hurt other's feelings. Not once did I insult you personally.

On 11/3/2018 at 12:18 PM, xanrer said:

(in response to me suggesting: Why not make a nice port-specific map, or submit a bug report, and support their growth?)

With that mentality we should all stop "crapping" on the thinks we don't like and be the part of the solution! Wake up cinderella it's 12o'clock. Even though it sounds fantastic to believe everything could be that beautiful, humanity doesn't work like that and i am a mere human.

I'm sorry the humanity you are familiar with doesn't "work like that." Why not? It's a dream that helping doing what you can to support like-minded people is actually helpful? Is it a dream that the people that supported ZDoom actually helped it become what it is today? You don't believe that you have the power to help others by being positive, by doing tests and reporting bugs, by building a map? That's a shame.

I believe that you can make a difference, and that difference can be positive, or negative. For example, your posts might convince someone to avoid trying Eternity, and discovering what it can do. So, no, it's not "dream land". The power of actions is very real, and it can be a positive or negative force.

Apparently, we all care about and enjoy Doom. So, why not try to make positive differences, for every port, for every mapper, song composer, reviewer?

@kb1

I am my own person and i don't have to be part of your supporting dreamland. So stop aggressively convincing others to part of your community. I could end this by easily saying "Gee dude calm down no need to get personal. You do have points there but no need for personal insults" but someone had to tell you outrageous you sound.

This isn't about me, my community, or "dream land". It's about showing an ounce of respect for the people that offer their hard work, for free, for our enjoyment. Even if their offerings are not very good, they are giving their time, their energy, their love, and a portion of their lives, for free! All they ask for in return is an open mind, the occasional bug report, an a tiny amount of respect for their troubles.

Most people would write you off as a "hater." I decided to believe that you were *not* a "hater". I decided to, instead, show you a different point-of-view, by letting you know how others might feel about your posts. You can call me "holly course", and "Cinderella", or you can use your voice and your power to affect a positive change in the world. I ask you to consider the latter.

7 hours ago, kb1 said:

A "holly course"? I think you mean a "holy crusade".

No i actually meant to say cause instead of course, but that wouldn't matter since you would find other slightest mistakes.

7 hours ago, kb1 said:

Tips? Here's a better tip: When a description of your actions feels like a personal insult, that's a clue. But, if you look carefully, I didn't insult your person once. I did claim that your comments were unfounded and not backed by reality. I said your conclusions might hurt other's feelings. Not once did I insult you personally.

My comments are the things that i believe and defend so no, you did insult me personally. You might want to think that you are pure in this conversation but believe me you are far from it.

And since you like tips so much here is another for you: Stop being so passive-aggressive people can see through what you say. Just be open about whatever you want to say. I read 2 pages of your comments and everytime you argued with someone you used the same passive-aggressive tone, then add some insults that can be hard to put finger on. I don't know if you are doing this intentional or not but you are not nice in the slightest. You cannot expect people to join your dreamland after you just underhandedly insulted and scold them. You are not making anyone closer to your cause, you are pushing them farther away.

7 hours ago, kb1 said:

I'm sorry the humanity you are familiar with doesn't "work like that." Why not? It's a dream that helping doing what you can to support like-minded people is actually helpful? Is it a dream that the people that supported ZDoom actually helped it become what it is today? You don't believe that you have the power to help others by being positive, by doing tests and reporting bugs, by building a map? That's a shame.

I believe that you can make a difference, and that difference can be positive, or negative. For example, your posts might convince someone to avoid trying Eternity, and discovering what it can do. So, no, it's not "dream land". The power of actions is very real, and it can be a positive or negative force.

Boy-o-boy here we go again. Listen you cannot carry on like this. At some point in life you will understand that everything is not that beautiful nor dream like. Yes we do have power to fix somethings in life as a community however its not everything. You completely miss my point again like i said before, why would i help the lesser when there is already a times more better thing? And believe me that's how most of the ZDOOM community thinks, and there is absolute no reason to change that mindset.

7 hours ago, kb1 said:

For example, your posts might convince someone to avoid trying Eternity

No, it's your comments that would convince someone to avoid EE. For example i do hate that K-POP things if i gave it a try i would find somethings i would like, but because of its community i don't want to touch that stuff. This is the same effect to people when other people see others obsessed over things they want to avoid that. I thought i make myself clear when i said "i was thinking on going back to my old map idea that i cancelled because of GZDOOM's shortcomings on portals. That comment on the other hand bring me back to the realty." but apparently it wasn't clear enough.

7 hours ago, kb1 said:

This isn't about me, my community, or "dream land"

I am not calling the EE community dreamland, im calling your supportive and wonderful world dreamland. I have nothing against EE community im only against your way of talking and dealing with things.

7 hours ago, kb1 said:

It's about showing an ounce of respect for the people that offer their hard work

You may live your life like that but i am not you and i certainly not the nicest guy on the planet, when i don't like something i don't care about it or anything related to it. However i did like EE and i never said i dislike it. Yet that doesn't change my opinion as i think its just a concept of what could be done. So i like it as a concept but not a full blown advancing engine which i would not invest in (not that im much of a modder or a bugtracker anyways).

7 hours ago, kb1 said:

All they ask for in return is an open mind, the occasional bug report, an a tiny amount of respect for their troubles.

I am open-minded and respectful however that doesn't mean i would help anything.

7 hours ago, kb1 said:

Most people would write you off as a "hater." I decided to believe that you were *not* a "hater". I decided to, instead, show you a different point-of-view

My prince in shining armor... Thank you i don't know what would i do if you did label me as a hater.

7 hours ago, kb1 said:

letting you know how others might feel about your posts

It's very unlikely to many people would feel like you about my posts, no one is that obsessive over a engine that they would try to aggressively convince others to supporting their community, not even its own creators. That's exactly why im calling your mindset as "fighting for an holly cause" no one cares about this that much. I think you should stop that too. As i said before multiple times, you only making matters worse, it almost feels like you specifically try to keeps others away from your beliefs. And it also feels like you just try to get people to lose their temper so they would get punished while you get out of it easily since your insults are hard to put finger on.

Also i might not be able to answer the next post you send if you would, i already got an strike from the last post.

Edited by xanrer

@xanrer

U really need to calm down my friend. I dont see anywhere kb1 insulting u personally. He was only criticizing your comments about EE not being good just because it is not popular. He is only trying to tell u to be positive about the work done by people and not belittle anyone's hard work. He is not forcing u to join "his community".

If u r so offended by his statements, just think about how your comments might hurt EE devs' feelings.