Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CreamCheese

There.. there are no hell razers are there :(

I don't think the demo video claims to show every single hero. But yeah, it's funny that we don't see them in like 20 minutes of gameplay videos. But hell razers are also DOOM 2016 art style and they don't fit in the game if not reworked. We'll see.

Hellraiser, the Ozzy song written by Lemmy, is what comes to mind! Especially the Motorhead version, featured in the Hellraiser 3 credits.

23 hours ago, intx said:

I don't think the demo video claims to show every single hero. But yeah, it's funny that we don't see them in like 20 minutes of gameplay videos. But hell razers are also DOOM 2016 art style and they don't fit in the game if not reworked. We'll see.

I think they look compatible with the art style

Well the Hell Razer were to Possessed Soldiers like the Unwilling were to possessed scientists.   We might see them just in the hell maps from now on.

There wasn't any Spectre in the trailer either, but I ain't worried of it being gone.

I'm sure the Razer and Spectre (and hopefully Summoner) make a return to Doom Eternal. I'm more interested to know if the Cyberdemon will return in multiple level appearances, rather than just one scripted boss level.

Just now, Potatoguy said:

There wasn't any Spectre in the trailer either, but I ain't worried of it being gone.

I'm sure the Razer and Spectre (and hopefully Summoner) make a return to Doom Eternal. I'm more interested to know if the Cyberdemon will return in multiple level appearances, rather than just one scripted boss level.

I'm hoping there's a Summoner + Archville battle, that would be epic fighting sharkgirl and lavaboy

Lore implications that can be easily explained or retconned aside, Hell Razers were pushover enemies that wouldn't cause any difficulty spike if they were introduced in the tutorial imp room. Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind them being gone. Save the computing power for actual threats like the Security.

They actually were a pain in ass on the higher difficulty a random charged argent beam shot could one shot you.

They were dangerous only in specific scenarios when Hell Knights were present with a sprinkling of Possessed Shield Soldiers they were an issue that needed to be dealt with first as they could put the hurt on you long distance.

With the correct mix of Demons they could be very dangerous.

Say 

Qty (2) Hell Knights

Qty (4) Imps

Qty (2) Cacodemons 

Qty (2) Hell Razers

Qty (1) Baron 

Qty (2) Pinkys 

Qty (2) Possessed Soldiers

Qty (1) Shielded Possessed Soldier

Qty (1) Mancubus

Qty (2) Revenants

That would be a hard room to clear

The Imps with High mobility and fireballs

Shielded Possessed Soldier with high damage shield and shotgun blasts

Possesed Soldiers firing from all angles

Caco's Spitting projectiles and hovering in the air

Hell Knights and Baron chasing you down for melee 

Pinky rushing you down

Hell Razer sniping you with Argent blasts 

Mancubus firing heat blasts and being a tank

Revs giving you a sermon of rocket blasts

That would be 19 demons in one room

That would be the perfect room to challenge good players

It mixes long, mid, and close range combat techniques of the units in Doom 16

The issue is ID tech could not handle that many demons at once

But Eternal can so a room like this with a crazy mix will be possible

Your going to need a full arsenal to take out all the demon types and the mixes based on the progression of the game and how ammo is dispersed