Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ermin

Classic Rivalry (Remake) - Fixed Demo

crl.png.65ebd38cdc68010ed4c506267b85d8f8.png
A complete overhaul of the original Classic Rivalry i made over 5 years ago. This game will feature every major (good) FPS from 1995 - 2000, upgrading every aspect while maintain core game play. A demo is expected to be released early 2019. I dont have enough completed yet to post this in the WADs section, so for now consider this news for the time being.
Join discord server for frequent updates and news : https://discord.gg/yUdgM29
DOWNLOAD!!!

CONCEPT (images included in spoilers)
You play as Binary trapped in the data stream, the main HUB of the game...

Spoiler

unknown.png

Here you can select a game you would like to play from the TV's scattered around the HUB...

Spoiler

unknown.png

KILLING TIME will be the first example, here are some shots demonstrating new hud automap elements and extended sprites for NASHs sway mod. (which is still in development i think.) I have also made the hud weapons 3d for smoother animations and included norm & spec maps. You can transition from 1 game to other on the fly, playing killing time one moment and then duke nukem the next, continuing exactly where you left off.

Spoiler

unknown.png

KT_WEAPONS_D.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by Ermin

Tthis looks some special Mod, if a level turns to be like CoD or Halo, and make fun on their 2 weapons only, i will laught, XD

On 11/5/2018 at 12:59 AM, taufan99 said:

The Discord link has expired :\

Otherwise, looks like a very awesome overhaul. I can't wait!

Sorry buddy, here is the new link https://discord.gg/yUdgM29
ive uploaded alot of new ingame images and movies aswell demonstrating ingame effects so check those out on the chat.

Edited by Ermi

Mod page reactivated after many years, be sure to come back once in a while for new updates on either discord or moddb.
(still need to modify page description)

sample1.1.png

4 hours ago, jamondemarnatural said:

Multiple huds for diferrent games? :0

yes, multiple huds, multiple map overlays, multiple sounds for all different player classes. All using just 1 player class to do it.  il have killing time completed in a few months with new content.  then retro blazer, and hopefuly exhumed after. Expect a lot coming from this.

health and attributes are also stored between each game type, and pressing H at any point in the game sends you back to the hub.

Edited by Ermi

>Retro Blazer

As someone who played the lost demo build, I have to ask, why? I don't think there were enough weapons in the demo build to fill any comparable weapon slots that other FPSes would create.

How do you plan to unify the experience of playing through the various FPS scenarios and their protagonists? How does the mod play so far, what will be the main engagement in the core game loop?

1 hour ago, ArcheKruz said:

>Retro Blazer

As someone who played the lost demo build, I have to ask, why? I don't think there were enough weapons in the demo build to fill any comparable weapon slots that other FPSes would create

its really not hard to create new ones, the weapons are just made of very colourful blocked meshs, and rendered as high res 2d sprites. Even with the content available i think i could make a few unique episodes out of it based on what i know of the game. and plus i really dig its style.

1 hour ago, ArcheKruz said:

How do you plan to unify the experience of playing through the various FPS scenarios and their protagonists? How does the mod play so far, what will be the main engagement in the core game loop?

I plan to unify the experience of all the old classics, with slightly enhanced gameplay, new content and more in a all in one modification. So far the mod plays excellently, no bugs, and completely dynamic. i can switch from killing time to retro blazer on the fly. But i would like to clarify that this is not a remake of those classics, just a slight upgrade. I dont have much content to show off just yet, but when i do il upload a video demonstrating the games features.
Edit: and incase your wondering, the protagonists wont share the same movement and physics, il try my best to replicate there unique style across all games. And this is a single player experience only, but i suppose you could force multiplayer, itl just bug the scripts tho.

Spoiler

Ill use killing time as my example, if your familiar with the first part of the game, the docks. Then youl know it literally takes 2 minutes to progress up to the mansion. Ive expanded that section of the game as you can see from the images above, adding secrets, more explorable terrain, and many enemies to kill. increasing its gameplay by 10/20 minutes. And since i dont have to make many new assets, i can invest more time into gameplay and level design. Download this video demonstrating the super weapon to get a feel of how im improving the original.

Edited by Ermi

Sorry to shit in your soup TerminusEst13, but classic rivalry is back. Here is a very small sample Demonstrating the docks of killing time revamped.

Remember to join the discord for frequent updates.

Edited by Ermi

On 12/15/2018 at 7:33 AM, Marn said:

why are you like this

SALTY Old scores to settle.

On 12/15/2018 at 6:58 AM, TerminusEst13 said:

I dunno why you think I care about this like six years after the fact, nor why you feel the need to continue sending me messages on YouTube and PMs every now and then, but good for you!

Yeah, your completely right and im sorry. I mean we're not even on the same level anymore, but dont worry il keep you posted. I dont want you and your little fan club to miss this after all ;) I forgot to ask, hows Samsara... That game you got other people to indirectly finish for you?

God forbid i actually put a little effort into something for once.

15 minutes ago, Ermi said:

I mean we're not even on the same level anymore

There was a point where you and Term were on the same level? I must have missed it. What was it like?

26 minutes ago, Ermi said:

Yeah, your completely right and im sorry. I mean we're not even on the same level anymore, but dont worry il keep you posted. I dont want you and your little fan club to miss this after all ;) I forgot to ask, hows Samsara... That game you got other people to indirectly finish for you?

preserving for posterity

On 11/24/2018 at 9:38 AM, Ermi said:

Sorry to shit in your soup TerminusEst13

7 hours ago, Ermi said:

Yeah, your completely right and im sorry. I mean we're not even on the same level anymore, but dont worry il keep you posted. I dont want you and your little fan club to miss this after all ;)

I don’t know you at all and I barely know Term, but ROFL what is this bitchy catty nonsense? It comes off as so wimpy and lame my man, you either gotta go full wrestling promo and CALL HIS ASS OUT, AT NEXY YEARS SUMMER SLAM or just not say anything. It degrades the quality of your project to be pissing your undies in the same thread - either have fun with it and exaggerate it to the max or just leave this dispute in private, whatever the hell it is. You’re not doing yourself or your work any favours and I am saying this to you sincerely.

9 hours ago, Ermi said:

Dude, this is pitiful. First of all, Term didn't "get" anyone to "finish Samsara" for him- fans made unofficial addons while Term moved on to new projects- including 2 Cacoward winners directly in his name, and involvement with at least one other.

Let's not forget that you started this ridiculous beef (and really, it's so one-sided that it can hardly be called that) because you thought for whatever reason that Samsara ripped off your mod. You're acting like Term's got some kind of vendetta against you, when in reality YOU are the one being obsessive over this nonexistent feud that you made up in the first place. It's been five fucking years dude, this is just pathetic.

The sad part is that your new mod here actually looks really good! But no one will take you or your mod seriously if you keep up this ridiculous, immature behavior. 

With Killingtime almost half complete heres a sample of the new enhanced interior from the hunters cabin. Also Featuring ...

-MotionBlur
-Brutal kills (Brutal doom style gibs and closerange shotgun deaths.)
-CVARS (A options menu to change gameplay and reduce graphics like removing grass, rocks and blood for low end machines)
-Texture mapping (This is old news, but all textures including weapons from the hud have normal and spec maps applied.)

Way to kill the hype (and hope) I had for this project. I guess some people never learn.