Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Where did Doom Slayer Chronicles go?

What ever happened to it? There was supposed to be a 1.1 update (or was that already released?) and both the original thread here on Doomworld and on the ZDoom forums there has been no activity regarding the mod since late September. ModDB was last updated on the 3rd of September regarding the 1.1 patch and I did not want to bump an old thread asking what's going on so I made this.

A post over at the ZDoom thread when I asked about the 1.0 to 1.1 change log and FrankADG just said "maybe cancelled" which isn't exactly the mindset of a developer if you're on the team of a mod of magnitude such as this. bifurcator remained positive in both threads in regards to the feedback, which is what he took to heart and said he'll continue working to polish DSC and fix the issues many brought up.

So yeah, it's like DSC just fell into the abyss of forgotten mods.

Probably got discouraged between there and here. I didn't mind Doom Slayer Chronicles myself...I just don't like invasion wads, no matter how pretty.

He just needs to start over with the gameplay of the mod. Keep all the graphics and cool stuff that was made, but spend the time to craft a good single player campaign experience.

They way everyone treated him after it was released, i'm wouldn't be surprised if he just abandoned it. The amount of hate he got was disgusting.

Not sure who was all involved with it, but DoomVision's channel( I always assumed that was bifurcator but I may be wrong) told me that the team working on BD:BE all quit working with each other and won't have anything to do with BDBE. Not sure if it's the same team but I always kinda assumed that as well lol.