Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

What Do You Think Of The Doom Slayer?

Silent protagonist is full in his job and knows he doesn't need to comment it, i like that. When i played Serious Sam, i turned off his talking. However i like some of Duke 3D one liners.

I like protagonists that throw one liners whenever in mood as well, although it's difficult to come up with something that's still fun to hear more than 100 times.

"You're going to need a bigger boat."

4 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

I like protagonists that throw one liners whenever in mood as well, although it's difficult to come up with something that's still fun to hear more than 100 times.

"You're going to need a bigger boat."

*Ahem*

I too prefer silent protagonists over one-liners. There is this problem with one-liners where their lines become stale and repetitive. Then there is also the issue of those lines becoming dated as in case of Duke3d (even though I personally like Duke's lines)

Doomslayer from DOOM 4 is a good character, and Doomguy from the old-school games is just as great. They're both badass and I love them both, neither of them is better.

But Doom3's marine is trash I think we can all agree on that

Doomguy and DOOMSLAYER.jpg

@Vanessa I think you didn't have enough courage to play through Doom 3 (not BFG edition). Play it through on veteran with default gamma/brightness, without cheats, then talk about D3 marine.

8 minutes ago, Vanessa said:

it's DOOM 4 not Doom (2016)

Doom 4 does not exist.

2 hours ago, Rimantas said:

@Vanessa I think you didn't have enough courage to play through Doom 3 (n...blah blah blah)

I get what you're saying but my point is: Doom3 is not a good game because it took DooM and tried to completely convert it to horror and took AWAY the fast-paced action of the original. And the characters are not that great at all

2 hours ago, Rimantas said:

Doom 4 does not exist.

it very much does exist because that's what DOOM (2016) actually is, DOOM 4. DOOM (2016) is a bad name due to the fact that it is NOT a remake and rather a 4th game that takes place right after the second game, basically saying Doom3 never happened (like with Halloween, making the new movies that completely erase the story that the sequels brought).

4 hours ago, Vanessa said:

Oh great, this again.

There is no "4" in the title. The "(2016)" is to represent the year it was made so people don't confuse it with the first game. As for it being a remake or sequel, this is yet to be confirmed from my experience. Though I heard somewhere that id was shaping it up to be more of a reboot than a sequel.

47 minutes ago, TakenStew22 said:

(disagreement to something I said)

5 hours ago, Rimantas said:

(disagreement to something I said)

okay let's stop now because this'll start a fight so let's just agree to disagree about DOOM 4/(2026)'s title

5 minutes ago, Vanessa said:

okay let's stop now because this'll start a fight so let's just agree to disagree about DOOM 4/(2026)'s title

I wasn't trying to start a fight. You're fine man.

What do we actually know about Doomguy/Doomslayer?

• cares intensely about rabbits, animals in general and the environment
  • is easily angered
  • does not care about the chain of command
  • won't fire on civilians when ordered
  • doesn't talk (a lot)
  • may or may not be a zombie (Doomguy is possessed by the Doomslayer?)
  • lived in a cyberpunk shithole world (might be why he cares about nature so much)

On 11/10/2018 at 10:01 PM, Vanessa said:

It's Doom (2016). That moniker was dropped after the project was completely rebooted.

On 11/11/2018 at 2:51 AM, TakenStew22 said:

Though I heard somewhere that id was shaping it up to be more of a reboot than a sequel.

Yes.

Doomguy from Quake 3 is just there because of the Arena Masters messing around with the various id Software universes, so I guess you could say the Quake 3 Doomguy is a fork of the OG Doom universe Doomguy. Remember, they're basically the Space FIFA, if it was run by Nyarlatotep, Yog-Sothoth and other Lovecraftian gods, instead of corrupt football officials.