Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

What Do You Think Of The Doom Slayer?

5 hours ago, jazzmaster9 said:

Like the intro said:

"rip and tear until it is done."Thats the entire Doom series in a nutshell.

Doom series was, "Shoot and survive the onslaught."

I would of liked the Doomslayer to just been the marine but i don't mind the angry psychopathic personality of the Doomslayer. Maybe I just think that because of Brutal Doom.

I like to think of the Doomslayer as the original marine, but he'd been stuck in Hell post-D64 for so long that his sheer hatred of all things demonic got the better of him. He doesn't give a damn about your energy crisis. He sees a demon, he's gonna rip and tear, because fuck that noise.

7 hours ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Doom series was, "Shoot and survive the onslaught."

That is also true for all the Doom games.

45 minutes ago, Rimantas said:

I smell Brutal Doom fans here.

If people like Doomslayer more, they are brutal doom fans instantly, right? :""")

They like Doomslayer because of new Doom games, these games have same amount of violence visuals as brutal Doom. Actually you are doomslayer in brutal Doom too.

9 minutes ago, Rimantas said:

Actually you are doomslayer in brutal Doom too.

Nope. If we are doomslayer in BD, then tell me why we die so easily to even shotgunners/chaingunners in BD.

Infact gameplay-wise, Doom 2016 is near opposite of BD except for glory kills.

I don't play BD so i don't know, but i would say it's not perfectly made mod. BD became famous and popular, ID Software noticed it and thought "so that's what they want..." and made Doom 2016 similar to BD.

15 minutes ago, Rimantas said:

ID Software noticed it and thought "so that's what they want..." and made Doom 2016 similar to BD.

And that's where u r assuming wrong. If ID software wanted to make Doom 2016 like BD, they would have added things like reloading, dual wielding and iron sights.

But they didn't do that. Infact they actually ended up scrapping all that stuff. Even when it comes to glory kills (only thing which resembles BD), doom 4 had them even before BD implemented them and they were called melee sync kills.

39 minutes ago, ReaperAA said:

And that's where u r assuming wrong. If ID software wanted to make Doom 2016 like BD, they would have added things like reloading, dual wielding and iron sights.

But they didn't do that. Infact they actually ended up scrapping all that stuff. Even when it comes to glory kills (only thing which resembles BD), doom 4 had them even before BD implemented them and they were called melee sync kills.

^ this.

3 hours ago, Rimantas said:

They like Doomslayer because of new Doom games, these games have same amount of violence visuals as brutal Doom. Actually you are doomslayer in brutal Doom too.

IM not much of a Brutal Doom fan tbh, so you are wrong.

I just like Doom 2016 and the portrayal of DoomSlayer's  rightful anger towards Demons.

btw Fatalities and Ludicrous gibs have been around before Brutal Doom so maybe fact check yourself before you spew nonsense.

Lol, i see the Brutal Doom Marine, as a more PTSD Doom Marine, in the campaing. It's start as a Commander Marine (not just a new marine) that become crazy more and more follows the hellish invasion. More apartent on the mission ending in E1M9, that all your marines die, and you just teleport to earth. All seems good in the forest, not demons to be seen, to just activate another portal and see that demons are still coming and now attacking earth. Hell, the marine ends crazy, but with helps of the others marine, stop the icon of sin and he falling back with their fellow marines.

DoomSlayer is the evolution of full hatred on DoomMarine to what UAC experiments with Hell, and what demons does to people.

1 hour ago, jazzmaster9 said:

IM not much of a Brutal Doom fan tbh, so you are wrong.

I just like Doom 2016 and the portrayal of DoomSlayer's  rightful anger towards Demons.

btw Fatalities and Ludicrous gibs have been around before Brutal Doom so maybe fact check yourself before you spew nonsense.

I talk about Doom, not about in-game gibs inventors. BD and Doom 2016 has similar BS, that's the fact. You're not BD fan, but you like Doom 2016, i get it. Please try to understand that i'm talking about most of players - not only about YOU.

10 minutes ago, Rimantas said:

I talk about Doom, not about in-game gibs inventors. BD and Doom 2016 has similar BS, that's the fact. You're not BD fan, but you like Doom 2016, i get it. Please try to understand that i'm talking about most of players - not only about YOU.

Wow you seem to be upset LOL.

You were the one asuming anyone who like Gore and violence in Doom 2016 are Brutal Doom fans.

And what BS does Doom 2016 have exactly? Because if you are talking about Gibs and Fatalites sad to say but Many games had that before this.

If you payed attention to the game's simple story enough, you would know why Doomslayer acts thats way towards the Demons. 

Sometimes monsters dies, sometimes they get blue and waits for you to come and do something with them. Then they explode or something and drops cartoony, shiny items... If this does not look like BS to you, i can imagine your age...

Then they explode or something and drops cartoony, shiny items... If this does not look like BS to you, i can imagine your age...

Seriously?

Anyway, that's simply the game's mechanics, you can either refill your supplies by performing executions/gibing enemies, or search the environment for them, why would the first be "BS" ?

Sometimes monsters dies, sometimes they get blue and waits for you to come and do something with them. Then they explode or something and drops cartoony, shiny items... If this does not look like BS to you, i can imagine your age...

How about letting people enjoy things the way as they want? Old school, new school doom is welcomed here with open arms. You can always load 1993 doom and you can manly punch cyberdemon in his ass at e2m8 ignoring new doom completely and call unknown marine "doomguy" as you're used to do everytime. 

1 hour ago, Rimantas said:

Maybe berzerk punch are to cartony for me. Or the big mess that a BFG make to the monsters...

And the droped items is a great way to balance the game without be a hide and remeber healthpack game on ultra-violence and upward..so that's make the game fun.

Maybe try with less...harsh coments on Doom2016?

50 minutes ago, Rimantas said:

You mean Tomato monsters with wide bumm holes shooting lightning isnt equally silly?

So i guess i can imagine that my age is older than yours if you think basic Video Game mechanics is BS.

By your simpleminded logic. Running over a box of band aid and instantly healing you is BS.

I don't want to insult you or anything but Rimantas, but right now you sound like your typical Youtube Doom Purist who wasn't even born when the OG Doom dropped.

Edit:

On a far more interesting note, has anyone even considered that the Doom Marine DIED at the end of E1 and has been a zombie ever since? So much for the "just a human trying to survive" angle. You went into Hell as a walking corpse in E2. Doomguy has been (partly?) demonic ever since E1.

1 hour ago, Misty said:

How about letting people enjoy things the way as they want? Old school, new school doom is welcomed here with open arms. You can always load 1993 doom and you can manly punch cyberdemon in his ass at e2m8 ignoring new doom completely and call unknown marine "doomguy" as you're used to do everytime. 

I agree 1000%

Sure I don't like some mods or wads but it's not like I'm gonna bitch all day, all week for something so....trivial.

Want to play the original way? Go ahead.

Want to play full modded? Sure, just play it...

Sorry for derailing a bit but that is quite a narrow-minded point of view by Rimantas.

1 hour ago, FractalBeast said:

I don't want to insult you or anything but Rimantas, but right now you sound like your typical Youtube Doom Purist who wasn't even born when the OG Doom dropped.

Edit:

On a far more interesting note, has anyone even considered that the Doom Marine DIED at the end of E1 and has been a zombie ever since? So much for the "just a human trying to survive" angle. You went into Hell as a walking corpse in E2. Doomguy has been (partly?) demonic ever since E1.

I dont trink the Doom Marine died, the first level of E2 looks like the place he needed to teleport, maybe the dead effect is for the shareware version and is not canon on the release of the game?

32 minutes ago, FractalBeast said:

has anyone even considered that the Doom Marine DIED at the end of E1

I think ID just wanted to intrigue people into buying full Doom. Besides you don't die there, you escape to message screen with about 5% health.

I very much remember at some point Romero claiming that you do die and end up in hell, but I could never relocate where that was said, and it conflicts with a newer thing he's said where you end up surviving and fighting through. i dunno

Well, in fiction you can die and still survive. Who said you had to be alive to kill demons? Zombiemen clearly show there is some (limited) survival beyond death.

My honest opinion?

Classic Doom's protagonist is, if you ask me, too underdeveloped to give me an actual opinion on him. All we learn is the end-episode text screens and a little bit of fluff text in the game's manual. And depending on how you play, he's either a raging, glorious badass just like the Doom Slayer, or, if you're like me, a pathetic little sod that dies to about two sneezes from an Imp and thus hides behind the nearest convenient 64-high crate. Doom 2016, however, puts so much more effort into making the Doom Slayer the perfect characterised representation of what somebody is going to expect from a Doom game - he takes absolutely zero bullshit, and he's there to get things done, no matter what gets in his way. It's an excellent match for the gameplay itself, as well - it's rare the character sits and listens, and most of the game is spent in setpiece combat, doing what the Doom Slayer loves to do - slaughtering demons by the googolplex (citation needed). And due to how unrelentingly the game punishes cowardice (especially on Nightmare/UNM), how you play always fits in with how the character is described in the Codex entries - the demons are shit-scared of you and for a good reason.

TL;DR? Doom Slayer 10/10 would rip and tear through the entirety of the Hellscape's armies again - IGN

And Brutal Doom sucks. Let's not mention it.