• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lizardcommando

Doom Skins?

I have three questions about Doom Skins and things relating to them:

1. Does anyone ever use those?
2. Other than Epidermis Emporium, are there any other places to get skins?
3. Has anyone ever downloaded my skins? It's the Lizardcommando one and Pikaguard. If so, what did you people think?

1. I don't. I have it disabled.
2. There was a skin wad created for Zdaemon .96. I think I might still have it kept somewhere...hafta look for it. I can upload it for you if you need me to.
3. No, never. Never been interested in using custom skins. Doom marine base skin is the best!

1. Yes. Plenty of players use them with Zdaemon and the rarefiles servers support skins.

2. rarefiles.tripod.com, as soon as I can get Falconer to zip up the skins we have. They are mostly the ones found on the Epidermis Emporium, with some repairs done to a few of them.

3. Where are your skins? I'd like to see them.

Biffy said:

2. rarefiles.tripod.com, as soon as I can get Falconer to zip up the skins we have. They are mostly the ones found on the Epidermis Emporium, with some repairs done to a few of them.

i thought you run a linux zserver.

deathwarrior said:

i thought you run a linux zserver.

Maybe I wish I did since the servers often crash. It's a Win2K system, Dell, 2.3 Ghz, so it easily handles the processing load for more than one copy of zserver running. There are often lots of "network error" type messages in the logs, it seems to be some sort of problem with zdaemon code.

Biffy said:

They are mostly the ones found on the Epidermis Emporium, with some repairs done to a few of them.

Does that mean you've taken out the annoying bits, like the sounds and Doom logos and stuff that take over even if you don't use that skin? They are the main reason I stopped using skins. I edited a few of them in WinTex, but it started to get annoying so I got rid of them completely.

No Matt, I would not make such changes to another author's wad. Here's a good example...one of the Baron skins had, I think, over a megabyte of wasted space in it! Another skin would crash zdoom because it lacked a ss_start or ss_end marker. Also, there were some duplications, separate skins which were the same as some found in the compiled zskins.wad, so I deleted those duplications from the skins folder.

Playing zdaemon last night, I got a kick out of Falconer who was using one of the racing car skins. Beeping sound, revving engine, screeching tires, and big crash when fragged. :)

There is a web site problem which Falconer has to resolve before he can put skins up for download (on rarefiles.tripod.com).

Lizardcommando said:

3. Has anyone ever downloaded my skins? It's the Lizardcommando one and Pikaguard. If so, what did you people think?

Finally got to it and they look good. Well done and complete. I'll add them to my collection, which I hope Falconer can put up on rarefiles before too long.