Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vanessa

What's your favourite band?

I've got many for different genres,

Metal(Genre as a whole): This is tough so Its a tie between Iron Maiden and Helloween

Big Band:Glenn Miller

Rap(I dont know if you could classify this as a band, so a group then?):Da Lench Mob

Jazz: Quintette du Hot Club de France

Thats about all I can think of right now.

Swans, for sure. They've done so many different styles over the years, and nailed it each time. Industrial, folk rock, gothic rock, post rock, you name it. So few bands can be so versatile in style and yet so consistent in quality.

Heh, unlike others, since I like a large number of bands I'll just name a few since it's literally impossible to pick only one. In fact, I could go as far as to say that all bands I like are also counted amongst my favorites. Anyway...

Abigor, Abhorrence, Crematory, Demilich, Crionic, Sodom, early Kreator, Merciless, Antaeus, Beherit, Old Funeral, Immortal, Celtic Frost, Death, Uncanny.

And I stop there.

In no particular order:

-Alice Cooper

-Pink Floyd

-David Bowie

-Megadeth

-Judas Priest

Granted, I love a lot of bands/musicians of the most varied genres, but these are the ones I consider my favorites on the grounds that I can always be in the mood for one of their songs, and that I actually respect/am intrigued by them as people, and not just as artists.

Not only is Green Day my favourite, but I also like Metallica, Rage Against the Machine, RAMMSTEIN, NIRVANA, AC/DC, a lot of bands.

23 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

Heh, unlike others, since I like a large number of bands I'll just name a few since it's literally impossible to pick only one. In fact, I could go as far as to say that all bands I like are also counted amongst my favorites. Anyway...

Abigor, Abhorrence, Crematory, Demilich, Crionic, Sodom, early Kreator, Merciless, Antaeus, Beherit, Old Funeral, Immortal, Celtic Frost, Death, Uncanny.

And I stop there.

You're everywhere on here

I don't like to rank things in any order, but my two favourite bands are probably:

Both these bands are only really popular in Canada, so most people on here who aren't Canadian probably haven't heard of them. The lead singer for the Tragically Hip, Gord Downie, died last year and I dedicated a memorial thread to his passing.

34 minutes ago, Vanessa said:

You're everywhere on here

I'm everywhere and nowhere :v .

Casiopea, (Jazz Fusion)

Mr. Bungle, (I don't even know)

Frank Zappa / Mothers of Invention, (           )

Aphex Twin, (IDM)

The Chemical Brothers, (Electronic(a))

Boris, (Metal?)

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, (Rock/Prog/___)

Radiohead, ("Rock Band").

Nine Inch Nails.

Other than that at the current moment...

Five Finger Death Punch

In this Moment... the later stuff

Kesha

1 hour ago, Maser said:

Led Zeppelin

YES!! Led Zeppelin rocks! I forgot to mention them! I think their best two songs are Stairway to Heaven and Immigrant Song.

2 hours ago, Agent6 said:

I'm everywhere and nowhere :v .

no you're just everywhere like Lila Feuer

Since joining DW I noticed a lot of metal heads here. Which is fitting I guess, since Doom is basically metal. I grew up with Metallica back then, had a black metal phase and at one point even listened to chinese pop songs. Yeah. These days I listen to all sorts of crap, but mostly videogame soundtracks and / or metal.

Euphoreon (Symphonic (?) Metal)

Viking Galaxy (Wonderfully cheezy power metal)

Illusion (Chinese power metal!)

Screaming Saviour (Chinese black metal)

Other than that I recently also enjoy some Synthwave stuff like "Mitch Murder" or even "Dial-Up for Murder" who's music I found right here on DW.

20 minutes ago, elend said:

Since joining DW I noticed a lot of metal heads here. Which is fitting I guess, since Doom is basically metal. I grew up with Metallica back then, had a black metal phase and at one point even listened to chinese pop songs. Yeah. These days I listen to all sorts of crap, but mostly videogame soundtracks and / or metal.

Euphoreon (Symphonic (?) Metal)

Viking Galaxy (Wonderfully cheezy power metal)

Illusion (Chinese power metal!)

Screaming Saviour (Chinese black metal)

Other than that I recently also enjoy some Synthwave stuff like "Mitch Murder" or even "Dial-Up for Murder" who's music I found right here on DW.

I've seen one of your posts on here before and saw your pfp and thought "Wow! Lemme save that picture" so I did and I thought "Maybe I'll make a pixel art out of it."

So here's what your profile pic inspired me to make:

Doomguy BEST PIXEL ART gold.png

Doomguy BEST PIXEL ART.png

It's difficult to me to pick up one, but I'm gonna mention some of them:

Black Sabbath

Judas Priest

Iron Maiden

Metallica

Sodom

Immortal

Celtic Frost 

Rotting Christ

Led Zeppelin

Mudvayne

Slipknot

Gorgoroth 

Triptykon

Death

Venom

Mortification

Extol

Demon Hunter

And many others

Oooh, difficult. I can't say I have a favourite band. If I had to listen to one band for the rest of my life, I might just pick The Beatles. Not because I like them THAT much, but more because their discography pretty much contains all modern music that has been produced in the last 50 years, from psychedelic rock to (proto)heavy metal.

But right now, if I had to pick a band based on my current musical needs, I'd go with Demilich. Or Godflesh. Or Funkadelic.

The obvious choice for me is Zappa but really there’s just too much good music out there to narrow it down. Love The Beatles, Hendrix, Alice in Chains, NIN, Slayer, Zeppelin and many more. Rock, Metal and a little Jazz are my preference but I rule nothing out!