Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vanessa

What's your favourite band?

6 minutes ago, Vanessa said:

@Agent6 what are your views on Green Day?

(I've already made it clear I like them a lot, and yes they are my my top favourite)

Honestly, none, as I haven't checked them in a long time.

Last time I listened to them was back when I was in school (read: many years ago) when my musical tastes were quite different from nowadays. I did like American Idiot but haven't bothered to check them since.

Just now, Agent6 said:

Honestly, none, as I haven't checked them in a long time.

Last time I listened to them was back when I was in school (read: many years ago) when my musical tastes were quite different from nowadays. I did like American Idiot but haven't bothered to check them since.

Well, you should probably listen to some more and see if you still like it! I sure do still like it, in fact, I like it more than I did when I first heard it

Warning was the point where Green Day started to lose me. American Idiot is the point where they completely lost me. Everything they did before those albums is fine. 

Well, the quick answer would just be Manic Street Preachers since one of their albums is my avatar here. But no, I can't just choose one band and blindly call them my favorite band. I don't think anyone could be that thick to only have one favorite band.. If you're really that interested, or just trying to make conversation, here's a handy list of my "favorite bands":

• Stereolab
  • Placebo (since I have a massive crush on Brian Molko)
  • Pixies
  • Guerilla Toss
  • XTC
  • Sonic Youth
  • Brian Jonestown Massacre
  • Big Black
  • Lightning Bolt (or any Brian Chippendale project, really)
  • Broadcast
  • HEALTH
  • Melt-Banana
  • Crystal Stilts
  • Bad Brains
  • Pavement (or any Stephen Malkmus project, really)
  • The Go! Team
  • M.I.A.
  • The Feelies
  • Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers
  • Ladytron
  • Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
  • TFUL282 (as if you know who they are)
  • The Soft Boys
  • Screaming Females
  • Nots
  • tricot
  • That one album by The Horrors (you know the one)
  • 90's Bowie
  • Fugazi
  • Wilco

I could just keep going, but since you only asked for my "favorite band", as if I was going to answer "The Monkees", I'd better stop.

Edited by Space Boss

I listen to Rush, Dream Theater, Sabaton and Evanescence on a regular basis, so I guess you could say they're my favorites. I recently listened to Sons of Apollo which I thought was really good.

1 hour ago, Coopersville said:

Iced Earth, though admittedly I don't listen to them that often anymore. I'm excited for the Purgatory remake though. 

I never been a huge fan of them, but I really liked the Burnt Offerings album.

Im usually a fan of Old School metal.

But right now i've been listening to nothing but Green Day. Listened their entire catalog on Spotify, Warning quickly Became my Favorite album right After American Idiot.

Limp Bizkit 

Korn

Screening trees

Passenger of shit

Off spring

Drowning pool

Slipknot

Disturbed

Saliva

Linkin Park

That's all I have in mind but my favorite band is korn

Tom Waits and Slayer. There's other bands that I really like, but I could listen to Tom Waits or Slayer forever. Nomeansno comes really close, just because they have such a diverse catalog.

I have a list, but I don't think this is a list thread. It's your favorite band.

I've pretty much been listening to Metallica almost non-stop since I discovered them last year.

Although I enjoy listening to Iron Maiden and Megadeth too.
EDIT: AC/DC is also pretty good.