Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quasar

Bethesda.net issues

Just now, FractalBeast said:

I don't see how that relates to Bethesda.Net... Seems more like Bethesda games being Bethesda games.

It was a bug in the Bethesda.Net launcher; how is it not related?

My gut feeling is that the upcoming beta will be offered for people who pre-order on the Bethesda.Net launcher.

I can't believe anyone expected more from Fallout.  All Bethesda games have been bug ridden since Morrowind, and they continuously depend on modders to fix them.

13 hours ago, rampancy said:

attempting to force me to install ur crap to play my game hasnt worked yet. good luck todd howard. 

Same, not going to install a 5th "Steam" .

Gonna watch walkthrough videos and read plenty of articles instead.

(Besides, I wouldn't have been able to do it even if I wanted to, my current PC will most definitely not meet the system requirements)

3 hours ago, Agent6 said:

(Besides, I wouldn't have been able to do it even if I wanted to, my current PC will most definitely not meet the system requirements)

Same. That's why I have a console.

14 hours ago, Flesh420 said:

I can't believe anyone expected more from Fallout.  All Bethesda games have been bug ridden since Morrowind, and they continuously depend on modders to fix them.

Well, I'd rather have buggy creative games than the typical AAA generic videogame garbage.

Bugs can be fixed by modders. Boring stories and shit gameplay cannot be fixed by modders.

i often think about, uh... what's the most modern console that doesn't have an OS you need to log in to... PS2?

going back to that shit, no updates, no access to money, no forced online content, just booting up a game offline and having full access to everything

sweep all this stuff off my table im setting up the sega megadrive again

Nope, not going to install that launcher again, buggy, confusing, laggy and lacking in features, I like to have my games in one place, Thanks Gaben.

Yeah, they better be releasing Eternal on Steam, because I've already got that and Origin, and that's enough.

On 11/7/2018 at 12:19 PM, FractalBeast said:

Bugs can be fixed by modders. Boring stories and shit gameplay cannot be fixed by modders.

I would think it's generally quite the opposite.  But I'll admit as to that mods are only occasionally an actual improvement on anything.

Well, modders can recut preexisting content, restore unused content, and can somewhat alter gameplay features, yes. But there's a limit to what a modder can do. I don't see modders hiring voice actors so they can rewrite the plot of the game, or fight with the game engine to hack in additional gameplay features.

That's what I mean with rather having a buggy piece of shit game with great gameplay and a story, than a perfectly running game that pulls 60fps on a potato with a shit story - that is something that can never be fixed by modders.

6 minutes ago, FractalBeast said:

or fight with the game engine to hack in additional gameplay features.

Fighting with the game engine to hack stuff in is usually exactly what fixing bugs requires, in my experience.  It tends to be an EXE side thing that you either need source code or a lot of reverse engineering knowhow to mess with, whereas if a game supports modding, then the game ruleset tends to be something that (at least sometimes) falls under that.  If it's a game that doesn't support modding, though, it does end up being six of one and a half dozen of the other.

On 11/8/2018 at 9:26 AM, NoXion said:

Yeah, they better be releasing Eternal on Steam, because I've already got that and Origin, and that's enough. 

Better not build up hope. You'll be disappointed for sure.

On 11/8/2018 at 8:57 PM, FractalBeast said:

That's what I mean with rather having a buggy piece of shit game with great gameplay and a story, than a perfectly running game that pulls 60fps on a potato with a shit story - that is something that can never be fixed by modders.

A buggy piece of shit game can't be fixed either. For example that for years their fucking games depend on frames per second for any calculation instead of delta time. Or the non-existing optimisation.

Fallout 4 had shitty performance for the state of the fame. Fallout 76 has even shittier performance and looks exactly like Fallout 4. The engine is utter garbage and yet people still buy that crap.

Don't get me started on the controls...

I'll keep to playing Doom Eternal on consoles cause my PC is too shit to play it just because it's another fucking launcher. Even if it was 100% bug free, I ain't gonna get it.

I have Steam, GOG, and Battle.net already. Why the fuck I need a 4th launcher for just Doom?!?!??

9 hours ago, Potatoguy said:

I'll keep to playing Doom Eternal on consoles cause my PC is too shit to play it just because it's another fucking launcher. Even if it was 100% bug free, I ain't gonna get it.

I have Steam, GOG, and Battle.net already. Why the fuck I need a 4th launcher for just Doom?!?!??

We still don’t even know if it’s exclusive to Beth Launcher. Don’t jump to conclusions just yet.

On 11/12/2018 at 9:50 AM, TakenStew22 said:

We still don’t even know if it’s exclusive to Beth Launcher. Don’t jump to conclusions just yet.

The fact they should be quite late into development by now and there's still no Steam ID for it is a pretty good tell.

Edited by Quasar

4 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

Don't you guys have Bethesda accounts?

No but I got a phone!!!

9 hours ago, Quasar said:

The fact they should be quite late into development by now and there's still no Steam ID for it is a pretty good tell. I don't know why they won't just be honest and tell us up front that they're going to fuck us over with the Bethesda launcher.

DOOM 2016's Steam page didn't pop up until about 6 months before the game's release. I think it's too early to tell if this is an indicator of it not being on Steam.

Also, Bethesda said in an interview that they haven't decided if games after Fallout 76 (including DOOM Eternal) will require the Bethesda.net launcher and as of right now FO76 is a special case.

Well even if it's on steam it can do the old "fuck yourself now log into our launcher" after launching it through steam like they do with Ubisoft games. 

2 minutes ago, SYS said:

Well even if it's on steam it can do the old "fuck yourself now log into our launcher" after launching it through steam like they do with Ubisoft games. 

With the Steam version of Quake Champions at least while it does require making a Bethesda.net account, you only need to put in this info on the first start-up in the actual game and the launcher itself isn't used.

On 11/12/2018 at 8:10 AM, Potatoguy said:

Don't forget about Epic Games Launcher, Origin, and uPlay (+ probably more I'm not aware of yet). Some people use all of them, that's a bunch of "Steams" just for a few games.