Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quasar

Bethesda.net issues

On 12/16/2018 at 4:54 AM, MrSkeltal said:

They're the ones who fund these games.

Like I mentioned a few posts up, crowd fund it. I have no doubt, none, that id couldve raised all the money themselves. i wont preorder a game from a monolithic publisher like bethesda. that doesnt mean i wouldnt pay id upfront. Too bad its so hard to undo these things.

i mean thats what the publisher does anyway. use other peoples money, regardless of what account the funds are drawn from.

better to be beholden to the customer alone than middleman who promises the world as he poisons the well.

if you need a publisher, fine. but dont be surprised when they put themselves ahead of the producers and the consumers and then complain that they didnt get their moneys worth.

Edited by rampancy

People are now getting banned from the service for having Cheat Engine just installed on their computer, even if it's never being run at all, or not being specifically run with any Bethesda games.

There are rumors circulating also that people are getting banned for using ReShade, or for modding the game.

kinda reminds you of when the egyptians forced the jews to play all their games through some crummy 3rd party launcher. and look how that ended up, fucking raining frogs. 

im warning you bethesda, let my people go.

7 hours ago, Quasar said:

or for modding the game.

Which is pretty strange since Howard himself said they very much intend to support mods. 5:00 onward:

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Which is pretty strange since Howard himself said they very much intend to support mods.

Yeah, except they probably mean their goddamn Creation Club. But oh my god, how is Bethesda not able to keep away from fuck-ups for at least a few weeks? It's insane.

Also, an essay? Jesus christ.

I think Howard keeps saying what he expects that the customers want without any thought of the consequences or intentions of following through.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

Yeah, except they probably mean their goddamn Creation Club. But oh my god, how is Bethesda not able to keep away from fuck-ups for at least a few weeks? It's insane.

Also, an essay? Jesus christ.

Yeah, that's what I think too, by "mod support" referring to (probably) Creation Club exclusively, no Nexus Mods, no nothing.

It's amazing how Bethesda managed to damage their reputation so easy in just one year thanks to Fallout 76 and all the shit surrounding the game. There's plenty of stuff you can check on Sid's channel. Bethesda's been a comedy of failures and mistakes in 2018.

I heard on the Reddit forums that people getting banned for mods is a possible misconception, and I hope that's true.

4 minutes ago, TakenStew22 said:

I heard on the Reddit forums that people getting banned for mods is a possible misconception, and I hope that's true.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out their anti-cheat software is absolute trash though, unable to tell the difference between cheats and mods.

40 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out their anti-cheat software is absolute trash though, unable to tell the difference between cheats and mods.

Is there even a difference in this context? Logistically I don't see how you could tell the difference between a mod that replaces all the textures with Nicolas Cage, or a mod that changes all the textures to be transparent essentially being a brute-force wallhack.

16 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Is there even a difference in this context? Logistically I don't see how you could tell the difference between a mod that replaces all the textures with Nicolas Cage, or a mod that changes all the textures to be transparent essentially being a brute-force wallhack.

That wasn't exactly what I was thinking when I wrote that post. I was thinking more between the lines of "changes to the game files will result in a ban, regardless of what and to what extend were the modifications made".

You did raise a good question however. What kind of mods is F76 going to support, provided that mod support does eventually happen. 

All these cages like Steam and others looks funny to me. Devs doing that to fight against piracy, but it also gives more motivation to "pirates". "Buy game, login to play, do not mod!" really sounds like challenge to hack the game.

7 hours ago, Rimantas said:

All these cages like Steam and others looks funny to me. Devs doing that to fight against piracy, but it also gives more motivation to "pirates". "Buy game, login to play, do not mod!" really sounds like challenge to hack the game.

Yeah, that's the irony. DRM only works against the people who pay for their games.

Posted (edited)
On 1/1/2019 at 6:47 PM, KVELLER said:

Yeah, that's the irony. DRM only works against the people who pay for their games.

yep

Edited by rampancy