Final Fantasy 15

Undertale

Axiom Verge

The Binding of Issac 

VVVVVV

Serious Sam 3

Doom 2016

Cuphead

Super Smash Bros for 3DS(I don't have Ultimate because I don't have a Switch :( )

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

I'd second “Dying Light”. Although the story is ridiculously bad, most of the gameplay is very good (except the ending and the expansion).

The other games that I've enjoyed the most are “Cook, Serve, Delicious!” and “Stardew Valley”.

The Witcher 3

The Witcher 2

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Serious Sam 3 BFE

Batman Arkham City

Batman Arkham Knight

Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 3

Fallout New Vegas

Stalker Call of Pripyat

Perfect Dark Remastered (while it technically was a 2000 game it was updated pretty well for a 2010 release)

I find it hard to do these kinds of lists but these are the games which stood out to me throughout the decade.

Edited by Avoozl

When history looks back at the 2010s, the single most important video game of that decade will be Minecraft. I'm sure that's not the "best" game but it's certainly the most influential one. (2000s was GTA3 and 1990s was Doom, fwiw)

4 minutes ago, Linguica said:

When history looks back at the 2010s, the single most important video game of that decade will be Minecraft. I'm sure that's not the "best" game but it's certainly the most influential one. (2000s was GTA3 and 1990s was Doom, fwiw)

I absolutely agree about Minecraft. Not sure about the 2000s though what with World of Warcraft

22 minutes ago, kmxexii said:

I absolutely agree about Minecraft. Not sure about the 2000s though what with World of Warcraft

But was WoW more influential than, say, Everquest, or just more commercially successful? Pure MMORPGs mostly burned themselves out (largely because WoW steamrolled all challengers) and ultimately were not THAT lastingly influential, especially today when we see where trends have gone, and now the money is in action games that implement MMO elements as part of their service model. See, e.g., GTAV, which has sold an absurd 100 million copies on the strength of its GTA Online mode which implements a MMO-esque world replete with the microtransactions that are the real bread and butter of the industry today.

4 minutes ago, Linguica said:

But was WoW more influential than, say, Everquest, or more commercial successful? Pure MUD-style MMOs mostly burned themselves out and ultimately were not THAT influential, especially today when we see where trends have gone, and now the money is in action games that implement MMO elements as part of their service model. See, e.g., GTAV, which has sold an absurd 100 million copies on the strength of its GTA Online mode which implements a MMO-esque world replete with the microtransactions that are the real bread and butter of the industry today.

I don't know enough about the commercial impact. I admit that I'm mostly thinking of the vast array of WoW clones and other MMOs that sprang up in an attempt to chase WoW's success - the subscription-based model obviously giving way to F2P w/ microtransactions - and, as you said, what stuff action games have cribbed from the experiment.

the games of the decades I played most:

90: doom 2 (out of 50 good games)

00: diablo 2 (out of 20 good games)

10: Quake champions (out of 4 good games)

I'm not fully sure what games I can easily call "greatest videogame of this decade" but here's a list of some I've played this decade and loved:

- Minecraft (It was 2009 when it released but it exploded in like 2012)

- Terraria

- Starbound

- A Hat In Time (EXCLUDING Seal The Deal!!!)

- Dusk

- Free Realms (Again, 2009 but exploded I think in 2011 or 2012)

- Bloons TD 5

- Colouring Pixels (actually spelt coloring pixels but since I'm British I added a U ^w^)

- Postal 2 (2003 sure but I enjoyed playing it, plus Paradise Lost DID come out in 2015)

- The Escapists + The Escapists 2

If I had to choose a personal best game so far I'd have to go with Red Dead Redemption 2 as of now. The game is just fantastic in my opinion and I haven't been able to pull myself away from it since the day I got it aside from some Doom (lunar catastrophe if I'm being specific) and some games with my daughter (mainly Ultimate Chicken Horse, another great game). Oh, and my emulators of course, but those clearly don't count :)

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:45 AM, amackert said:

Leaning towards DOOM 2016 for me. I've probably finished that game nearly a dozen times now. Most other modern games I play (unless they are retro-oriented affairs, like Isaac) are one-and-done experiences for me. I also got sucked into Breath of the Wild, so that would be in the running for me as well. Unlike a lot of other modern titles, I'm getting the urge to do another playthrough soon. The first one I did last year left a pretty big mark on me.

Now that I've completed Bloodborne multiple times I have to add that to my list as well.

Came around on Dark Souls too and have finished that god knows how many times, so that would be in the running.

My favorite games of this decade(decade is 10 years, c'mon!) are:

- GTA V

- Bioshock: Infinite

- TES: Skyrim

Enough.

Surely it's Minecraft, I can't even think of Sandbox games anymore without thinking of the sand blocks from that game lol.

Edited by tempdecal.wad

Can't choose just one:

Undertale - fantastic music and characters, interesting fighting system.

Dark Souls - Hard as hell but incredibly rewarding. Amazing lore.

Minecraft - Easily the most influential sandbox game.

I don't know what's going to be considered a cult classic but to I'm definitely going to remember the new hitman games, the original games are alleady 2000s classics and as a fan of those I think the new games only improved on them like no other franchise managed to do this decade. honorable mentions for would be doom 2016, the dishonored gamecounter strike and the witcher 3

On 11/7/2018 at 5:19 AM, Chezza said:

What's the innovation with GTA 5?

when it comes to bringing videogames into the mainstream, gta 5 did a big part of that

On 11/8/2018 at 11:00 PM, seed said:

It's impressive how much time and effort Valve has invested in TF2 for over a decade indeed.

HAH! good joke

1 hour ago, ([zen3001]) said:

HAH! good joke

Like it or not, that's exactly what they did, same for their other competitive games, even though they obviously did it to avoid losing their cash cows, which they inevitably will. There's only so much you can do before the well dries up.

By the way, you should remove those symbols from your name, apparently it prevents the name from properly showing up in the notifications (it doesn't show up at all).

I guess they put more attention to tf2 than lf4d or hl but tf2s community seems to be pretty disapointed with valve.

And the forum won't allow me to change the name untill I've been on the forums for 180 days, so you've got to deal with this untill next year now :)

1 hour ago, ([zen3001]) said:

I guess they put more attention to tf2 than lf4d or hl but tf2s community seems to be pretty disapointed with valve.

And the forum won't allow me to change the name untill I've been on the forums for 180 days, so you've got to deal with this untill next year now :)

Just like the communities of some of their other games after major updates, I lol'ed so hard at the time. Honestly I am glad they left the other series in peace, wouldn't have liked to see them ruined with hats, lootboxes, "re-balances", and so on - and make no mistake, those are the only kind of games the Valve of the present day is capable of creating, credit card titles. Valve is long dead as a game developer.

Then I'll live with broken notifications til then.

Lots to choose from but For me It has got to be between:

Dark Souls 1 and 3

Sekiro

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Doom 2016

Bloodborne

Funny, this thread has been popping up again and I still agree with my original post from last November. Fallout: New Vegas, with and even without mods, was my favorite game of this decade. 

Top of this list for me is, without a doubt, Dota 2 (which has absorbed about 6k hours of my time, so far).

Of course, I loved DOOM (2016). I'm also a huge horror fan, and some of the standouts for me have been Amnesia: The Dark Descent, SOMA, and Outlast. I'm also really enjoying an early-access horror game right now called Visage (highly recommended if you're a fan of the spooky spookys).

If you're a fan of tower defense games, the Kingdom Rush series has been phenomenal. 

I can't give enough praise to Borderlands 2, which I felt was an absolute perfect example of what a sequel ought to be.

The other big one for me was CS:GO... but, I have a love/hate relationship with that game. 

Skyrim, doom 2016, Bioshock 2 Minerva's den, Bioshock infinite and fallout new Vegas leap to mind for different reasons. But if I had to single out one best overall, it would be hard to go past Witcher 3.

Counter Strike : Global Offensive or Minecraft. Those are probably the two that Ive played the most since 2010 (I know Minecraft was 2009)