Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grain of Salt

Some old cl2 mods (quake 2 weapons, play as a duck, broken palette, etc)

A selection of odds and ends I've made and thought I might as well release. Tested in prb+ cl2, should work (touch wood) in any limit removing port. Chocolate/true vanilla almost certainly doesn't work. Screenshots below.

mods.zip

• wek yourself v4.wad - Status bar face and sound effects of a duck. Objectively the best mod ever made.
  • q2weaps11.wad - Weapon sprites, sound effects, palette and various graphics from quake 2. Shotgun and machinegun are great, pistol and plasma gun are silly.
  • dialface.wad - Replaces the status bar face with a sensible rotary dial that shows you how much health you have.
  • hekkwad2.wad - My favorite broken palette. Looks like an unsettling dream sequence.
  • PurpleReboot V3.wad - Replaces all saturated colours with different shades of purple. Looks very nice on maps with bold colours, a little weird on everything else. Why isn't the green range replaced? Because it's actually less saturated than other colours that had to be left unchanged.
  • q3pickups2.wad - Replaces most pickups with the pickup symbols from quake 3. Can't remember why I made this.
  • doom4weaps4.wad - Vanilla implementation of those (pretty great) doom 4 weapon sprites that have been around for a while, so you can play with them without needing jeezy doom. SSG is great, others are a bit odd.

doom715.png.bc97c89069ca111f989a5c498dcf3475.pngdoom719.png.c4cc3bed6a3a0058fa96ba945bbff4b0.pngdoom720.png.5a64f3ee94b9f0293362c23fb408f4f3.pngdoom712.png.19cf4e9fadf70ef2d5deff642bd46927.pngdoom711.png.2c8657f417ff9ee95cb240ba631b57d0.png

WTF, that hekkwad2.wad makes the flow so smooth that you can act faster than think and actually improves playability in trip/drunkplay like states or simple migrain/headache.

30 minutes ago, FearTheReaper said:

WTF, that hekkwad2.wad makes the flow so smooth that you can act faster than think and actually improves playability in trip/drunkplay like states or simple migrain/headache.

Tapping into the power of hekk

I highly recommend playing older stuff with the Purple palette first before going into new things blind.  I had a LOT of fun playing Struggle while looking for keys and their matching doors.

5 hours ago, Grain of Salt said:

wek yourself v4.wad - Status bar face and sound effects of a duck. Objectively the best mod ever made.

This would fit ZDaemon TNS perfectly.