Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phoby

If you could add a weapon, what would it be?

I think it would be awesome to have a flame thrower. I think it would be best to make it share fuel with the chainsaw. It would be like the plasma gun, but with chainsaw hit stun.

Grenade Launcher. It could share rocket ammo like in Quake.

Some sort of Sniper Rifle would be nice aswell, but seeing as how limited the Doom engine was I'm not sure how they would implement the "zoom-in" mechanic for it.

Some kind of a melee weapon like Katana, Machete, or simply an Axe; dealing as much damage as probably a shotgun at close range.

Grenade Launcher hands down (or something like Duke's pipebomb). Doom badly needs a weapon that makes damage at corners and at height differences without trouble.

Another thing would be a pistol upgrade. How about a peacekeeper that might turn zombies into your side for a short time, or a pistol with a silencer that doesn't alarm the monster?

I know that everybody says Doom is run and gun and anything contrary to this is lame, but I'd like a sniper. I sometimes in Doom I like to snipe people from afar (currently with pistol or chaingun short bursts) or through holes and come back later with all monsters dead already. Couldn't find a good one in weapon mods, but recently saw the Unreal Tournament weapon mod and that one is exactly what I want.

Either the rail gun or the grenade launcher, more or less the same way Skulltag implements them, but perhaps with heavier grenades (the ST ones float around like balloons sometimes). Both weapons are effective and cover previously uncovered ground in the arsenal. Dropping nades down holes and around corners and sniping far off threats with the rail gun are both fun ways to kill your enemies!

+1 for both the railgun and the grenade launcher, since those would be useful additions that don't make any existing weapon obsolete. Besides that, some type of Duke Nukem-esque quick melee would be pretty handy.

A holy scripture, that when you brandish it to a close-range demon has a 1/4 chance of :

- turning to ash

- start infighting with other demons

- freezing in place, contemplating (choosing one of the previous options after 1-10 seconds)

- going berserk, adding movement speed and damage done

Personally I want either an assault rifle for better consistant distant kills or alternatively a bolt action rifle, maybe a sniper rifle.

On 11/9/2018 at 10:11 PM, Suitepee said:

Something that allows me to block/parry Revenant homing fireballs.

Haven't you heard of a mod called Nature's Call by the way?

You can extinguish the flames of the lost souls, viles and fatso's projectiles with...............piss...

Pretty effective in his own way XD

23 hours ago, Novaseer said:

Replace every weapon with a shotgun with varying amounts of barrels. Boom. Sorted.

Basically this.

Also, +1 for the grenade launcher, preferably the one from Skulltag/Zandronum.