Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Deathless - v1.1 out.

I mean... if you can't get GZDoom to run, try another source port? This set is limit-removing, so any port that's not Vanilla or Chocolate Doom will work. Crispy Doom is a fine port for this set.

Great vanilla feeling megawad, and episode 4 sure was a lot better than the official one.

I died three times, twice on the boss of episode three, both times by falling into lava. And once on the boss of episode four... by yet again falling into lava.
Feels kinda like Project Warlock where the only thing that can kill you are bosses and lava :D

3 hours ago, BoJustBo said:

Project Warlock where the only thing that can kill you are bosses and lava

The annoying palette is really killing me and makes me almost blind

13 hours ago, lirui1001 said:

The annoying palette is really killing me and makes me almost blind

Well they did improve it by giving you a slider for that extreme darkness that plagued it when it was released. Although making it bright-ish does make you notice how the weapons were definitely made for the dark look.

@JimmyI wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed this wad, really brought back the feeling of 1994 doom. It's got a real retro bite to it which is very much appreciated.

That's exactly what I was going for, so great to hear. :) Thanks, glad you enjoyed it so much!

This is great for so many reasons, just finished it. Short and sweet levels, inspired by The Ultimate Doom but with its own spin on every episode, great secret levels, thematically evocative of the original game but uses some very interesting modified textures. Cool skyboxes too, and most importantly - actually awesome episode ending levels. the boss fights are much harder and well thought-out tahn in the original game and the secrets are very rewarding too. A must-play for fans of WADs similar to The Ultimate Doom. 

The weird thing though is how though it's so similar to The Ultimate Doom in many ways, it has its own idiosyncrasies as well, such as unique sprites for the Soul Sphere and difficulty level names. Oh well, that's actually kinda part of the charm here. Sweet wad

Congratulations! This is truly a magnificent achievement.

☑ To compose a soundtrack for Romero's WAD

☑ To make an add-on for the official Doom port

Congrats!

That's a phenomenal coup for the new port to have something as quality as Deathless.  Bloody well deserved Jimmy!

Brilliant! Congrats Jimmy on getting Deathless into a state of 'official recognition', for want of a better way to phrase it! Great article on the Slayer's club, too. :D

4 hours ago, dmslr said:

☑ To compose a soundtrack for Romero's WAD

☑ To make an add-on for the official Doom port

Congrats!

I guess you could say that he made it to the port twice so far - first in Sigil's music and now as a megawad.

Congrats mate. Deathless is one of the best classic episode D1 wads i`ve ever played.

O yeah! I picked it up and can't put it down!!!!

best WAD in the world!!!!

Edited by LiT_gam3r

Incredibly awesome. Gonna give this a go tonight. The console ports of the game, or the ps4 at least, feel surprisingly good.

Also it only just now somehow clicked in my head that Jimmy is actually Jimmy Paddock. Jeez.

Edited by TravyB

@Jimmy, is the addon rebalanced to account for the Lost Souls and Spiderdemon having their original health values? Or is it pretty much identical?