Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest MIND

SnapMap and Multiplayer Servers

Guest MIND

Are they ever going to take the servers offline totally or are they going to support them for a long time to come?

I expect Snapmap and Mutliplayer to approach closure a year or three after Doom Eternal's release.

Game' multiplayer usually last for quite a damn while if the game is popular enough. And Doom is kinda popular, i don't know.

Losing internet accessibility for Snapmap/Mulitplayer won't probably happen for 2 or so years, so I wouldn't be worrying of the apocalypse yet. Only bad thing that may happen once Eternal's release is everyone migrating to it and abandoning D4 to a pathetic playercount. I mean, more pathetic than it already is.

Guest MIND

Well. At least SnapMap will still be available to use on Single Player and I can still make videos which is what I love doing. It's my form of artistry.

I love that fucking thing and have nearly 500 hours in it. 5 levels made in total.

People never really played my levels at all really but that's not the point. I made them for my own enjoyment. If people liked them and they got popular then it was just a bonus.

Someone should leak the source code so people can share their levels even after the servers get taken down.

A big FUCK YOU to Id and Bethesda for taking this out of the new game instead of expanding on it and bringing making levels/wads back.

On 11/13/2018 at 5:04 PM, MINDDomakr said:

Well. At least SnapMap will still be available to use on Single Player and I can still make videos which is what I love doing. It's my form of artistry.

I wouldn't count on it. I've been doing some hacking on it and the level of integration it has with the backend server is over the top. I have a feeling that if the servers are shut down, the whole thing is going to become inoperable until such a time we can get a hacked executable running. And the fact the thing has Steam CEG DRM applied to it is a major barrier to that, as well.