Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grain of Salt

Fruit Salad (6 small maps including a christmas theme and some neat colour trickery)

You really want fix this small sky glitch.

etrn74.png

Edited by Misty

I was using eternity for quick look, but if it works in prboom+ both branches without glitches, it's okay. 

3 minutes ago, Misty said:

I was using eternity for quick look, but if it works in prboom+ both branches without glitches, it's okay. 

:D

Ok so first for all, yummy.

Second, SOS in map 04 I guess, the one called Ice something 2, how do I get to the exit? SR50? Hidden switch? Hit something? UV vile jump? SR50? I played on hmp btw.

Third, I loaded the extra palette thinking it was necessary. Barons throwing bubblegum was cute.

Fourth, can you make more? :3

looks sweet :D looking forward to giving it a whirl. feels like even just these past few months of 2018 have had a lot of really awesome releases, not to mention the rest of the year

13 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Second, SOS in map 04 I guess, the one called Ice something 2, how do I get to the exit? SR50? Hidden switch? Hit something? UV vile jump? SR50? I played on hmp btw.

You have to make a pretty finnicky sr40 jump to the other side of the second blue pit, where the imps were.

However, if you're facing straight forwards (like you are at the start of the map) you can just run over the gap without even sr40 for some reason. It's a weird jump :3

I had a great time doing a quick cheeky test yesterday! Nice to see how map 1 changed to fit a new aesthetic and the rest of the maps to follow suit.  

Here's a quick little romp through map 6, not a particularly special demo. fruit_salad-06_245.zip

A cute little slaughter map that plays really well since it provides monsters with lots of opportunities to move around to get the jump on players in spite of how small the map looks on a surface level.

Edited by Nine Inch Heels

3 hours ago, GarrettChan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Sorry for my sucky English, and sucky gameplay. I quite enjoyed the WAD and the color choices are just good.

Great playthrough!

Sorry about "saturnalia, sol invictus, etc" :3

beat the first half of this set tonight, really liking what i'm seeing so far. i can see this as a great recommendation for newbie slaughter players as none of it's too hard, they're short, compact maps and it teaches you the basics of slaughter pretty well. good stuff GoS

22 minutes ago, bioshockfan90 said:

i can see this as a great recommendation for newbie slaughter players as none of it's too hard, they're short, compact maps and it teaches you the basics of slaughter pretty well.

That's very true.  There is an instance of very fast, in your face, unapologetic, fuck you BFG spam but it's not to the degree someone like Time of Death or ArmouredBlood might do.

2 hours ago, Grain of Salt said:

Sorry about "saturnalia, sol invictus, etc" :3

Hey, it's fun to learn crazy new words ;P

On 11/15/2018 at 4:18 AM, bioshockfan90 said:

i can see this as a great recommendation for newbie slaughter players as none of it's too hard, they're short, compact maps and it teaches you the basics of slaughter pretty well.

Can confirm this, as I am a slaughternewb interested in learning about the noble art of monsterpewning en masse, who found this wad very informative.

On 11/14/2018 at 11:36 PM, GarrettChan said:
  Hide contents

Sorry for my sucky English, and sucky gameplay. I quite enjoyed the WAD and the color choices are just good.

i just heard that you are idclev'ing (can that be a word) to do a pistol start - in prboom+ you can press 'Home' :) (unless youre recording a demo)

11 hours ago, Nancsi said:

Those pickups look like the gems from Giana Sisters.

They're from Kid Chameleon, a Sega Genesis/Megadrive game.  I highly recommend you play it or watch a speedrun, it's captivating.

12 hours ago, rehelekretep said:

i just heard that you are idclev'ing (can that be a word) to do a pistol start - in prboom+ you can press 'Home' :) (unless youre recording a demo)

Oh god. I've never known that... I hope new time you'll discover me using Home instead of inclev, haha.

14 hours ago, rehelekretep said:

Also, if using GZDoom, you can bind a key to "map map *" no quotes (or is it map*) to restart the current map with a pistol start.

I ran through this and thoroughly enjoyed it. The small map designs were a lot of fun.

I agree with others that this is a good introduction to slaughter, for newcomers.