Vote for your favourite Perturbator LP

Vote for your favourite Perturbator LP  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favourite Perturbator LP

• TERROR 404
    • I Am the Night
    • Dangerous Days
    • The Uncanny Valley

Uncanny Valley is really solid and kicks ass, but Dangerous Days will always have a special place in my heart so I'm voting for that one. The twelve minute titular track is still one of my all-time favourite darksynth tracks in existence. The progression is fantastic. I love how much of a journey into some sort of mechanized hell it feels like. Every time I listen to it I envision a steep descent into a hostile, unforgiving place, yet showing a glimmer of hope at the end; prime Doom map material actually!! Not to mention every other piece of the track listing being excellent and flowing well.

Perturbator, one of my favorite dark synthwave artists :D I listened for a long time Uncanny Valley and Dangerous Day, (I discovered this artist with "She is young, she is beautiful"... BUT, the fucking best LP now is "New Model". Finally a real atmosphere of industrial cyberpunk, with a japanese ambient touch... I really like this :D I listen all the LP every time I made a map with a cyberpunk spirit x)

When I started getting into synthwave - as a result of listening to the original Hotline Miami OST - I tracked down "Vengeance (The Return of the Night Driving Avenger)" and discovered the Nocturne City EP. "Intro (The Journey)" seguing into "Welcome to Nocturne City" is still one of my all-time favorite synthwave segments but that's not up for vote so I'll have to pick I Am the Night. I probably listened to it a hundred times before Dangerous Days came out and I still love it for the slightly softer edge. I still enjoy DD, even if the vocal tracks got slaughtered in the mix. I haven't been able to really get into Uncanny Valley, though.

Dangerous Days is easily the best. Raw Power and Satanic Rites are some of the most excellent cases of dark synthwave touching outrun, and it just lights my fire.

And I'd say New Model is the "darkest soundiing" one, but often to its detriment. I can take a lot of cheese when it comes to synthwave, but Vantablack breaks my suspension of disbelief, it's a really bad song.

15 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Not one vote for TERROR 404? That's disappointing. That would be my second favourite album. 

I like Terror 404 but it's better soundtrack / background music. I don't often get the urge to put it on but I do still listen to "X-CaliBR8" and "Linnea Quigley Horror Workout" on occasion. It's a nice window to a time when his work wasn't quite so serious.

Dangerous Days for me.

It just has so much connection to me with what was going on with my life around the time I was listening to it a lot, me and my buddy Damon used to put it on every friday when we were drinking together, he owned the record, and we dare nearly damn wore the thing completely out haha. In the subsequent months after this time Damon took his life, so I cherish the vivid memories the songs from DD have for me that remind me of the good times with my friend.

It's hard to pick. They all got something. He won't play anything older than Dangerous Days in his live sets anymore. Got a chance to see him before he dropped the early stuff from his set list. I was hoping for Sexualizer he would let all the synth run as a sequence and then do a live shred overtop for the guitar solo. But the solo itself was a launched sample / sequence. 

Was still amazing to see. Got some vinyls at the show and got them signed. Then I had to get all of them. I'm with Dew on Vanta Black and its vocals. It's always a risk trying new things and letting go of what worked before.

I think I'll have to go with Uncanny, for Neo Tokyo alone.

All the vinyls all of them. 

_20181205_223240.JPG