Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Super Beast

Doom on mobile.

Is there anyway I can play doom on android without having to use delta touch? Im currently using a gzdoom port but it's really unstable and has sadly been discontinued.

Well, you answered your own question. There's Delta Touch (which you said you don't want to use- money, I'm assuming?), and there's Freedoom (which I assume you're using now). The only other port is DoomGLES which is buggy, slow, has no advanced features besides over-the-top Doomsday-esque 3D effects, and costs money. I never found anything wrong with the free GZDoom port myself although I did end up switching to D-Touch eventually.

6 minutes ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

I am still confused as to why you need to pay for it.

Some people, myself included, don't enjoy working for free as much.

7 minutes ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

Is this legal?

Yes, it is legal to sell a product you yourself created. Why would it not be?

yes, it's fully legal by the terms of the GPL (it doesn't include any game data with it, of course). The main requirement is that source code needs to be available, so in theory you can build Delta Touch for free if you wanted.

1. Go on the internet and download the .apk for Aptoide on their website (basically an app store with a bunch more 3rd party stuff on it)

2. Search for "Doom"

3. ???

4. Profit

There are a bunch of doom ports on Aptoide that seemed pretty good to me (about 3 or 4 to choose from). They come with the shareware version but you can just copy any wad in the directory that it specifies and you're golden.

There are lots of other stuff on Aptoide that you can get like Wolfenstein 3D, though I'm not sure if it's entirely legal since I think it came with the full game ._.

Dude, Delta Touch is like $3 or 4, I can't check the exact price since I already bought it.  I'm not sure what the aversion is to paying for it, it's a solid product and runs Doom very well.  The touch screen controls are abysmal, but hook a USB or Bluetooth controller up to it and you're jamming some Doom.  What's not to love?  Shit, if Google Play would let you gift apps to other users I'd get it for you.

There is also this app called Google Opinion Rewards where Google will randomly send you short surveys in exchange for app store credit.  It's pretty quick and easy to build up enough credit to buy the app...maybe try that if you are broke or just cheap.

On 11/17/2018 at 9:31 PM, Super Beast said:

Is there anyway I can play doom on android without having to use delta touch? Im currently using a gzdoom port but it's really unstable and has sadly been discontinued.

I may be late to the party, but if money is your problem, just contact Beloko here on Doomworld. If you ask him for a Delta Touch code, he will DM it to you. That is how I got Delta Touch.

Delta Touch the best app ever! Excited to see what the next update brings to the table.🙌

Definitely get Delta Touch, it has multiple source ports so you can run most everything.  It's very stable, updates are frequent, the UI has improved dramatically and the touch controls should be licensed to other developers, they're that good.

I have this app on most of my Android devices, and it runs great on all of them with a bit of tweaking, even my Chromebook.

A slightly off-topic question for the fellow Delta users: what is Precision aiming added in one of the more recent updates exactly? Haven't really noticed any gameplay changes after having turned it on.

On 5/20/2019 at 11:59 AM, ScreechingBoner said:

A slightly off-topic question for the fellow Delta users: what is Precision aiming added in one of the more recent updates exactly? Haven't really noticed any gameplay changes after having turned it on.

I also would like to know this as well, turned it on in both Delta and Quad touch and haven't noticed a change.

22 hours ago, CrbnBased said:

I also would like to know this as well, turned it on in both Delta and Quad touch and haven't noticed a change.

I figured it out!  Precision Shoot slows the speed of your mouse when firing a weapon.  Most noticeably the chaingun.  I didn't notice a big difference until yesterday, I use gyro so much that it's effect is lessened.

Try it out by moving the right virtual stick, then try again while firing.  I'll have to practice some more with it, I'm making it a point to master the controls for Delta Touch.