Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Brutal Bolognese Gore Mod (the sucessor to Ketchup) version 2.0 released

14 hours ago, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Wrong, the biggest issue is not the blood actors, but the gibs. To make it work with custom monsters and not modify anything, the script spawns gibs actors through ACS, and it's impossible to use the actor's blood color as a color translation for an ACS spawn script.

How about the ability to make dead corpses gib, as in the universal gore mod? Would it break compatiblity with zandronum? (universal gore is only working for gzdoom, so thats my guess.)

On 11/23/2018 at 3:06 PM, eviltechno said:

How about the ability to make dead corpses gib, as in the universal gore mod? Would it break compatiblity with zandronum? (universal gore is only working for gzdoom, so thats my guess.)

Precisely. I believe this couldn't be done without Zscript, and Bolognese (just like ketchup was) will always be aimed towards compatibility with both sourceports.

5 hours ago, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Precisely. I believe this couldn't be done without Zscript, and Bolognese (just like ketchup was) will always be aimed towards compatibility with both sourceports.

Whatever. I switched between unigibs and Bolognese and unigibs is clearly "dryer" , more like quake's gibs, even with your mod on normal settings,  so I can still see something after shooting. The most satisfying thing is probably the " wet sack" sound when ssg-Ing a Mancubus at close range.

1 hour ago, hardcore_gamer said:

Will this work with mods that use 3D models rather than sprites for enemies?

Should do. Models are sprites and sprites are models as far as the engine is concerned. As far as I understand all this does is replace the blood drop Thing that spawns when you shoot something shootable.  As long as the mod still spawns blood, then this should work.

3 hours ago, Bauul said:

Should do. Models are sprites and sprites are models as far as the engine is concerned. As far as I understand all this does is replace the blood drop Thing that spawns when you shoot something shootable.  As long as the mod still spawns blood, then this should work.

Neat. What is the best current 3D model pack that works with gzdoom?

Would be cool to see different kinds of deaths besides just an explosion of guts. Exploding heads and limbs if that's possible.

11 minutes ago, Rex705 said:

Would be cool to see different kinds of deaths besides just an explosion of guts. Exploding heads and limbs if that's possible.

It's already there.. called "Brutal Doom" 

Bolognese is a universal gore mod.

On 11/18/2018 at 10:42 PM, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Version 2.0 highlights:

- Fixed a bug that allowed Arch-Viles to resurrect exploded monsters, making them return as invisible creatures.

Unfortunately this bug still existed during my playthrough of Eviternity when mixed with Smooth Doom.

The whole mod is great gibbing fun though.

28 minutes ago, BlackFish said:

Unfortunately this bug still existed during my playthrough of Eviternity when mixed with Smooth Doom.

This bug excists no matter which addon or mod you are running.

1 hour ago, BlackFish said:

Oh, THAT ONE. Is it finally gone?

I used the same combo (smooth + gore) for the dwmc plays and it made me quit some maps. Especially the spectres had to be killed in one ssg shot, because if I only wounded them, they turned into ghosts that couldn't be killed with rockets. Annoying to say the least. 

On 1/1/2019 at 10:47 AM, eviltechno said:

It's already there.. called "Brutal Doom" 

Bolognese is a universal gore mod.

Yes Brutal Doom does that but it is not universal and will not help me when playing with other mods and TC's such as Project Einherjar. My comment was for the Bolognese mod, not Brutal Doom or Project Brutality and it does NOT have that.

@Rex705 while the animations would probably not work with the universan compability, you can mix Bolognese with Beautiful Doom. You have to disable one of the blood settings in Beautiful Doom though, or else you see two visualy clashing blood splatters on the floor. Also disable flies in Beautiful Doom, they wreck performance on large maps. 

Bolognese does not know which gameplay mod you are going to use it with, so it doesn't have the required sprites. Such "universal gore mod" for exploding heads, as you mentioned, most likely exists for games that use 3D models. It will however never work with sprites.  

love it. like to add that to the game to have a little more gore while keeping it as vanilla as it can be. thanks for putting so much work into this.

On 11/18/2018 at 7:42 PM, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

So far I have tested it with Smooth Doom

That's a good combination!

I can also confirm that it works with Weapons of Saturn, and that the Smooth Doom/Bolognese combination doesn't break the last boss of Going Down.

Spoiler

445761371_Screenshot(8).png.fdac757705057ae997447d505fa1e94b.png1158307392_Screenshot(9).png.2c0d69d37cf17e0863e9832df047ff47.png

I haven't been able to enjoy this mod the same way since I noticed that the floor and wall decals are different. Please fix.

I love this mod, but I have a problem. When I blow up a enemy, there isn't blood everywhere,Even when I turn up the blood amount. The only thing that happens is that it just plays normal doom gibbing.

2 hours ago, Hellol111 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

445761371_Screenshot(8).png.fdac757705057ae997447d505fa1e94b.png1158307392_Screenshot(9).png.2c0d69d37cf17e0863e9832df047ff47.png

I haven't been able to enjoy this mod the same way since I noticed that the floor and wall decals are different. Please fix.

The stuff happening on the walls are much weaker as in BD20/21. I agree, but i don't see why it has to be the same as on the floors. What do you mean?

On 3/2/2019 at 12:25 PM, eviltechno said:

The stuff happening on the walls are much weaker as in BD20/21. I agree, but i don't see why it has to be the same as on the floors. What do you mean?

I just can't help but see it constantly now that I know it's a thing and it's driving me nuts.

First I want to say what a great mod! The sound effect and blood coming off of monsters when hit with bullets is so satisfying (I think all games should have that).

With version 2, I still get the invisible ghost monster bug after arch vile resurrects gibbed enemies in the new "The Slaughter Spectrum" wad by Bridgeburner. If you want to test it out, it happens at the 2nd arch vile on the first map (having always gib is the best way to see this). Oh and I am using GZDoom version 4.1.2

A temporary fix is to maybe disable gibbing, however in the menu the lowest seems to be -100 where the BFG can still gib.

Spoiler

Here's my ZDL WAD loading
Untitled-1.png.bff88f70ab8616de558862abadb882b5.png

Edited by Immorpher

On 11/18/2018 at 10:42 PM, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Is there a way to remove the sound effect for when you shoot a enemy with red blood? It makes the gibbing sound effect whenever you score a hit, the monster colored blood doesn't have this problem. 

Edited by 22_deathgrip

2 hours ago, 22_deathgrip said:

Also corpses don't gib, I really wish they would. 

Yeah when playing with a Vanilla style gameplay mod, it would be nice to have that option to turn off the meaty sound effect, otherwise it works well with everything else. About the corpses though, I was reading that it would take zscript to make it so they are gibbable, and that would not be compatible with Zandronum unfortunately. If it was possible through DECORATE, then he might be able to work that in.

Love this mod, but the invisible monsters from Archvile resurrections are killing it for me. Any chance we can see this fixed soon?

I am trying to use Bolognese with Beautiful Doom and have read in several places that they're supposed to work fine together but no matter in which order I load them, whenever I load them together Beautiful always causes for Bolognese's blood and gore effects to completely disappear, although the mod options in the menu still show and I get its blood pool effect on corpses. But everything else doesn't work. Any clues why?