Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Misty

It goes away in the end(eternity map)

Thank you ;)

I tried my best here, I'm happy how this map turned out. It was challenge to get some things in map, but at finale, I've got it. 

Sure it can be hard but it's quite fun when I tested it and players could get this wad to play it...just try it.

48 minutes ago, Beginner said:

FDA if you're interested.

Thank you, I'll check out it now. I hope it didn't caused problems or anything else. 

Wintertowns-it01.zip

First exit of my UV-max attempt. It's my first time recording a demo using Eternity Engine, so I don't know if it's possible to configure the stats so that monsters revived by AV extends the general monster count. I might have missed a monster or two because of that...

6 minutes ago, wintertowns said:

Wintertowns-it01.zip

First exit of my UV-max attempt. It's my first time recording a demo using Eternity Engine, so I don't know if it's possible to configure the stats so that monsters revived by AV extends the general monster count. I might have missed a monster or two because of that...

Well, it goes above 100% if archies revive monsters and you kill them later. I need check more in settings to tell that if it's possible to keep 100% kills without going above. Also, eternity has prboom+ styled hud, so it could help determinate how many monsters were killed. I believe map is maxable, because I checked every missed flag before posting here and fixing remaining problems. 

Anyway, thank you for the demo. 

8 minutes ago, Misty said:

Well, it goes above 100% if archies revive monsters and you kill them later.

Obviously, maybe I wasn't clear enough. What I was trying to say was that I was looking for a setting similar to the one in PrBoom+, which allows you to set the counter so that the living monster count also follows the number of monsters revived by the AV. That way it's possible to know if all monsters, including the revived ones, are dead before exiting the map. I looked around a bit myself, but could not find it in the wiki or anywhere else, maybe you have more luck. Thanks for the map.

Oh well. I'll check it in settings or even ask if it's possible to bring this feature in eternity to save headaches for more serious things. 

45 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

I can assure to you that 100% is possible because I did it.

I don't doubt for a second that it's possible to max this map. My question was not a critique, it was more a general question coming from a curiosity of the workings of Eternal Engine, which, as I stated, I had never used before. I thought that Misty or someone else in this thread maybe knew more than me, hence the question. When I said that I maybe missed a couple of monsters because of stats, I didn't try to be snide, I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew that it was not a serious run, more a demo run of the map... I'm sorry if I offended someone.

Edited by wintertowns

No one is angry on you :)

I'm not at home to check out engine at this moment, but when I'm back, I'll do that. It will be after few hours. 

I don't think anyone added dynamic monster counting in Eternity. It should be added, if only because of potential maps and mods with lots of dynamically spawning monsters rendering the stat counter useless now.

Well, if it's not added, it could be a great addition for this port, because now it's hard to determinate how many things were killed for the real. I think it could be go as "on and off" setting, just if person prefer to keep default behaviour. 

FDA

Happy belated birthday.

From EE map I was expecting more portals, but it looks like there weren't any. :P

It uses simple ones, for sky. It was just experimenting and learning how everything works. It was just like, swim in muddy water to find gold. Next time, not sure when it comes, I'll look more into portal stuff and learn more. 

Thank you for demo :)

Thank you. I hope, you'll be able to finish this map. I'll add update in next few days and if nothing was found, I'll send it idgames alongside with my other map.

I just started to play it on Ultra Violence without full mouselook. Very cool, interesting and tough map! I wanted to ask: who wrote and composed music track? It sounds cool and fits hard, action filled map.

Edited by Rimantas

It took me countless retries to finish this amazing map on UV. I will keep playing untill i can beat it in single run. I recorded demo after finishing for first time.

rm.7z

Of course. I'll push update tommorrow-add titlepic, interpic and fixed emapinfo, besides fix small errors in main map(mostly what I noticed).

If someone could spare some time to write detailed review of this map, I'll be grateful and fix what I missed. I'm just not sure what I did right and wrong in map. Demos are good source, but also I like to hear thoughts too. 

Finally i beated whole map without saves on UV. I didn't record demo because i thought i'll die again, but i will try to record and post demo tomorrow. I can say this map is real gem! Don't kill Mastermind, just lure him away, grab invul. sphere and revive Cyberdemon with Archviles, kill AVs and just run around World War D. I have found only one bug with stairs monsters can't go up.

etrn00.png

Edited by Rimantas

Should be UV for skill 4.

I'll do a video of this map soon (probably two videos, one for doing it a bit faster and another one for 100%)

I updated map. Link is same as old one.  If nothing else will be found, I'll push map in idgames next week. 

+Fixed issues with linedefs.
+Added titlepic and endpic with text.

On 12/1/2018 at 1:04 AM, Rimantas said:

Finally i beated whole map without saves on UV. I didn't record demo because i thought i'll die again, but i will try to record and post demo tomorrow. I can say this map is real gem! Don't kill Mastermind, just lure him away, grab invul. sphere and revive Cyberdemon with Archviles, kill AVs and just run around World War D. I have found only one bug with stairs monsters can't go up.

etrn00.png

Monsters not going down or up is intentional. If I would fix this, it will require remake map a bit, but if it works - no need to fix it.