Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pinchy

DyingCamel's Demons #2

Yay, I was beginning to think this was never coming out. Although, having watched both John and Camel struggle through Dubzzz maps, I'm expecting my swear box to be overflowing (not that I have a swear box, but you get the idea).

1 hour ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

What is the music for levels 5 and 8?

5 is "Demo" by Andrew Sega & Dan Gardopée (Unreal Tournament music i believe)

8 is City in the Dark, by the mapper himself, ChannelGorf

I actually made a video for that fight for Camel since he couldn't beat it either; it just shows up to how to get the BFG. 

Edit: deleted video to free up upload space.

Edited by Bdubzzz : Deleted attached video to free up space.. if someone wants to see it they can message me.

19 hours ago, DyingCamel said:

uh spoiler tag automatically appeared and i dunno how to remove it :-D

Ctrl-Right-Click on it, and the option to remove it should appear.

Is the final area with the cyberdemons, arch-viles guarding the bfg, revenant swarm, and hell knight, imp, pain elemental, and arch-vile ambush on map15 even beatable without cheats? If so, how do I do it? I keep getting brutally annihilated in that final part no matter what I do.

yes it is doable... you shoot the viles with rockets 3 times, take cover while shooting the imps that are teleporting in, back to shooting the viles 3 times as soon as their attack animation is done.. repeat... you want to stay on the same side for as long as possible but you cant wait to long either or the HKs will swarm you down, when you go to the opposite side use plasma gun to push through the imps etc... now you are on the other side and if you did enough damage to the viles from the side you started on you should be able to kill the rest of the viles before getting swarmed by HKs/imps. Part 2 with the BFG is much simpler IIRC.. just spam BFG in a U Strafe fashion and win... but when the viles teleport in you gotta be ready to kill them quickly. Obviously it is easier said than done and you have to be a very skilled player to successfully beat the fight.

11 hours ago, Bdubzzz said:

yes it is doable... you shoot the viles with rockets 3 times, take cover while shooting the imps that are teleporting in, back to shooting the viles 3 times as soon as their attack animation is done.. repeat... you want to stay on the same side for as long as possible but you cant wait to long either or the HKs will swarm you down, when you go to the opposite side use plasma gun to push through the imps etc... now you are on the other side and if you did enough damage to the viles from the side you started on you should be able to kill the rest of the viles before getting swarmed by HKs/imps. Part 2 with the BFG is much simpler IIRC.. just spam BFG in a U Strafe fashion and win... but when the viles teleport in you gotta be ready to kill them quickly. Obviously it is easier said than done and you have to be a very skilled player to successfully beat the fight.

Okay I'll try it and see if I have any luck. I'm playing continuous on UV so I do have the BFG from the previous maps. Do I still have to use the plasma rifle like you said even if I played continuous with the BFG from the previous maps?

Call me savescum if you want, but I beat the damn thing. The finale kinda feels like an rng clusterfuck, since there are so many AVs you often get zapped w/o warning or when you are in a bad position. It's doable, it just takes like 40 minutes and copious save/loading lol. Also if it were easier to get the BFG that would be helpful, I think I didn't even notice it until well after it was available to grab. Maybe the hardest map I've ever beaten, sorry if you find savescum distasteful ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Good map thank you Bdubzzz.

Skip to 1:20:00 if you just want to see the finale.

9 hours ago, Lingyan203 said:

Okay I'll try it and see if I have any luck. I'm playing continuous on UV so I do have the BFG from the previous maps. Do I still have to use the plasma rifle like you said even if I played continuous with the BFG from the previous maps?

here I made this video of the last fight if it helps, done saveless. ;p The bfg would help though ya HKs wont be able to block ya and you could take out the center viles more quickly when they are low on health from rockets.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iSRxXVfdaYWZDsGXD_Dgt0Mv3GpHEoCU/view?usp=sharing

On 3/27/2022 at 8:53 PM, Bdubzzz said:

here I made this video of the last fight if it helps, done saveless. ;p The bfg would help though ya HKs wont be able to block ya and you could take out the center viles more quickly when they are low on health from rockets.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iSRxXVfdaYWZDsGXD_Dgt0Mv3GpHEoCU/view?usp=sharing

Thanks! I finally finished the map btw! Your video gave me some inspiration, but I did things slightly different. However, it was still brutal to get through.

Skip to 26:50 for the final section.

Also, this was played with keyboard only, with arrow keys for movement and turning left and right, A & D for strafe left and right respectively, ctrl to fire, spacebar to use, and alt for strafe on.

Edited by Lingyan203