Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaZa

Eagle Speedmapping Session 11 RC1... and some clarification.

1 hour ago, NaZa said:

Known bugs: the sky in Noisy's map doesn't display properly. I'll look into it

I would check if the texture alignment for the skyboxes is all 0:0 on the sky-transfer linedefs, and if that doesn't solve it have a look if the linedefs cover all the required sectors.

Also happy birthday. :P

Edit: Have a birthday tune too:

cool!

14 hours ago, NaZa said:

Known bugs: the sky in Noisy's map doesn't display properly. I'll look into it.

I remember my sky sorta working when I uploaded it; as a custom texture and boom-skytransfer, but with a small tutti-frutti looking thing because maybe I messed up the size by a pixel or something. 

Though in this upload, the sky is just aa-shity skull texture (viewed in prboom+), so there might be some two-fold issues here.  Don't sweat it too much either way.

also feel free to name my map what you'd like.  I don't remember if I actually named it or not.

Happy birthday!

As somebody who's played almost all the previous Eagle sessions (1-9), I enjoyed playing these while they were a regular thing on here.

I enjoyed seeing and playing creative speedmaps from different people, I enjoyed the whole brief Eagle-Pigeon rivalry thing, and most of all I liked how it gave some newbie mappers a chance to show off their skills via speedmapping and perhaps learn some things for the future. I will attempt to play Eagle 10 and 11 at some point on my Twitch channel to fully honour this series. So thanks for creating this fun series @NaZa!

(also I fully believe that the Eagle speedmapping sessions helped to revive interest in ASS...)

Thank you, all, for the kind wishes! It's really nice to see it.

12 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Great! At when the other eagles sessions been compiled?

Also happy birthday!

I have a plan to re-compile all the sessions, fix bugs (and whole maps in some cases) and release all the wads in a megapack .zip until the end of the year to have a complete archive of all the Eagle WADs, though I'll also re-upload every session (I had uploaded) to /idgames if I see it has to be.