Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YukinaP

Doom fan from Japan here?

1 hour ago, Walter confetti said:

Welcome to doomworld community! Good luck with your map project!

Also that doujin fps game looks pretty weird, I mean what happens there? A guy with a uzi slaughter a lots of maids and himedere (aren't girls in old elegant dresses are called like that?) trought a wolf3d old mansion... eh?

The gibs sliding down the slope is a nice touch.

8 hours ago, Master O said:

That's ironic, given the vast majority of the main characters in all those series do not use guns to fight at all, especially in the first two examples there.  

On a semi-related note, civilian ownership of firearms is also illegal in Japan, which banned them in the 1950s.

Hello Master O. Yes, Japan is very violent anime. 

Try this one. I found some english version. Some aesthic here look like Doom texture potential :-).;

14 minutes ago, YukinaP said:

Hello Master O. Yes, Japan is very violent anime. 

Try this one. I found some english version. Some aesthic here look like Doom texture potential :-).;

Aww yeah. That takes me right back to the good stuff.

The art style.

The gratuitous violence.

The terrible dubbing.

All that's missing is the sex scene and/or fanservice, and it's pretty much "80s adult anime in a nutshell."

I have a soft spot for ultraviolent, shlocky anime from the late 80s and early 90s, even though admittedly, a lot of it has aged horribly. That being said, I think that anime as an art form has only gotten better and more diverse with each passing decade and that a lot of the people who would disagree with me on that are blinded by nostalgia. 

Ah, that magnificent piece of crap that is the Baoh OAV. Sublime.

Talking about doom like anime, aren't Genocyber in the same category of this kind of stuff? Just take a look on 3rd episode if you have a chance to find them...

9 hours ago, Ajora said:

I have a soft spot for ultraviolent, shlocky anime from the late 80s and early 90s, even though admittedly, a lot of it has aged horribly. That being said, I think that anime as an art form has only gotten better and more diverse with each passing decade and that a lot of the people who would disagree with me on that are blinded by nostalgia. 

You know, I actually not only have seen all three episodes of that, but I also remember it very fondly off that line alone.

It's even in my signature in another forum I help run.

(It's also not a bad anime. Not flawless either, mind you, and the dub definitely adds gratuitous swearing - but I actually enjoyed Cyber City Oedo 808.)

Cyber City Oedo 808 is gloriously silly garbage. I love it. Same goes for MD Geist. Genocyber and Doomed Megalopolis, on the other hand, are both pretty tough to sit through. I haven't seen BAOH, but I'll check it out later today. 

1 hour ago, Ajora said:

Cyber City Oedo 808 is gloriously silly garbage. I love it. Same goes for MD Geist. Genocyber and Doomed Megalopolis, on the other hand, are both pretty tough to sit through. I haven't seen BAOH, but I'll check it out later today. 

MD Geist had a great ending though.

Spoiler

You think he's the badass who saves them all, then dooms the world anyway - just so he has something to fight, and he doesn't care if they all live or die.

Roll end credits.

And then...

Fucking GLORIOUS sucker-punch, right at the end. I loved it. I loved it so much.

Still get chills up my spine hearing that stinger.

始めまして!YukinaPさん、Doomworldへようこそ!僕は taufan99、インドネシアからだ。

Anyway, please let us know more about the Japanese DOOM scene. :D