Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YukinaP

Doom fan from Japan here?

Welcome! It's nice to see more Japanese Doomers on board here, and I've always liked the concept of hometown-based maps. I'm curious to see what you'll come up with.

Good luck with your first efforts and welcome to Doom. I'm always up to play a JP mapset or future mapset. :D

Youkoso. YukinaP san no eigo wa watashi no nihongo yori jyouzu desu yo. Duumu ga tanoshii desu yo ne. Nihon no puroresu ga daisuki desu. Chotto kanji o yomu koto ga dekimasu. Hiragana to katakana ii desu. 

Edited by Ajora

Welcome to Doomworld! Wonderful to see more japanese mappers. Your map idea sounds wonderful, I hope you can finish and release it.

Hello, and welcome!

Is there still some kind of active Japanese Doom community, like the guys who made the JDCP? If you need some custom, dystopian Tokyo MIDI music, I'd love to write some. Good luck with your mapping project.

1 hour ago, Ajora said:

Youkoso. YukinaP san no eigo wa watashi no nihongo yori jyouzu desu yo. Duumu ga tanoshii desu yo ne. Nihon no puroresu ga daisuki desu. Chotto kanji o yomu koto ga dekimasu. Hiragana to katakana ii desu

wrestle2.PNG.c2dc6232b9e7ab044d676b64e70c44a9.PNG
すごい (>o<)

あなたの日本語のスキルは悪くありません

Anyway, I will try to practise my English here. Thank you Doomworld for your kindness and encouraging. I will return soon when I finish my Nishi-Nippori map! Please wait at least 3 months.

1 hour ago, wintertowns said:

Hello, and welcome!

Is there still some kind of active Japanese Doom community, like the guys who made the JDCP? If you need some custom, dystopian Tokyo MIDI music, I'd love to write some. Good luck with your mapping project.

Thank you. I already have some music arrangement for this map. But if this map is not so terrible then maybe I hope we can make a new map in the future with your music.

I'm not from Japan (or Japanese), but I did live there for a short while.  Doomworldへよこそう!

@YukinaPぼくわcrazyflyingdonut。おげんきですか? よこそDoomworld!僕の誕生日は2001年6月11日。ぼくの日本語は下手です。

Edited by crazyflyingdonut

11 hours ago, YukinaP said:

Doom is very similar looking to many anime style, so I am surprised Doom does not have more fan in my hometown Tokyo.

I heard somewhere that Japanese (or just Asians in general) aren't into fps games. That could explain why Doom never got popular in Japan. But that's just something I have heard.

EDIT: That said, Japan did have this weird ad for Doom 64 for whatever it's worth.

@hardcore_gamer Considering the stranglehold that Japan had on the console market into the late 80s and throughout 90s, there was never much room for PC gaming to ever really gain a foothold. Japanese first-person do shooters exist, though.

Edited by Ajora

2 hours ago, Ajora said:

Considering the stranglehold that Japan had on the console market into the late 80s and throughout 90s, there was never much room for PC gaming to ever really gain a foothold.

I don't know, the PC-98 was pretty successful...

That free to download game I posted is pretty fun, by the way. I'm not entirely sure why I just spent the past 8 minutes slaughtering hordes of moe girls with an uzi in the Unity engine, but I had quite a bit of fun doing it.

On 11/22/2018 at 6:01 AM, Ajora said:

@hardcore_gamer Considering the stranglehold that Japan had on the console market into the late 80s and throughout 90s, there was never much room for PC gaming to ever really gain a foothold. Japanese first-person do shooters exist, though.

So much blood!.

I doubt Nintendo would accept it!

I'm a huge fan of JRPG's (Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Legend of Heroes etc.) and I like some anime as well in addition to the gaming culture in Japan so suffice to say I'm very happy to see someone from Japan here.

Can't wait to see your map! 

Always interesting to see Japanese members of the Doom community.

And yes, your English isn't bad at all. Not perfect, but understandable, and that's all that matters. :)

どうもありがとう Thank you for your patience. I am feeling much happiness with your interest in my project, but I can also feel some kind of fear and tiredness.

This has become a much consuming and very stressful project. My project has grown to monsterous dimensions and I am fear it will be too large to be consider appropriate or polite because I am unknown author. So far in my beta map I cannot complete the journey, so far, without 9 hours allocated. This seem to be ridiculous time committed for playing 1 map, even for a long adventure. The player will feel so tired in that time.

Inanycase I decided I must finish this project. I will continue to refine much detail as I may and then release, with your permission and blessing, my huge map. It will be soon. But please I must warn don't expect anything so easy or simple in the map. My ambition is got carried away but I couldn't control it

11 hours ago, YukinaP said:

どうもありがとう Thank you for your patience. I am feeling much happiness with your interest in my project, but I can also feel some kind of fear and tiredness.

This has become a much consuming and very stressful project. My project has grown to monsterous dimensions and I am fear it will be too large to be consider appropriate or polite because I am unknown author. So far in my beta map I cannot complete the journey, so far, without 9 hours allocated. This seem to be ridiculous time committed for playing 1 map, even for a long adventure. The player will feel so tired in that time.

Inanycase I decided I must finish this project. I will continue to refine much detail as I may and then release, with your permission and blessing, my huge map. It will be soon. But please I must warn don't expect anything so easy or simple in the map. My ambition is got carried away but I couldn't control it

There's been some humongous project from first-timers before. Deus Vult (a legend) being one of them.

My main concern is that you mention the words "fear and tiredness". Remember, mapping is no good unless you enjoy it. Mapping is a way to express your inner creativity and should be a stress reliever, not a stress causer. I have made a couple crappy maps (with scripts), but even though the reviews were crappy, I was proud of the effort I put in and I enjoyed seeing my efforts produce something.

Also, do you have any screenshots?

12 hours ago, YukinaP said:

Don't worry about that. Nobody knew who Huy Pham was before he released his project either - but everyone sure did after he released it.

(I know Pure Hellspawn beat me to that, but I don't care.)

On 11/20/2018 at 11:47 PM, YukinaP said:

こんにちは Hello my first post 

Seems to be not much Doom fan from Japan here, although Japan Community Chest is awesome. Seems quiet since that time.

Doom is very similar looking to many anime style, so I am surprised Doom does not have more fan in my hometown Tokyo. I have played Doom for 15 years now.

Which animes does Doom look similar to?

1 hour ago, Master O said:

Which animes does Doom look similar to?

I think by that he means that Doom has the same overly masculine aesthetic as anime (specifically from the 80s) like Hokuto no Ken,Sakigake Otokojuku,early JoJo,etc...

10 hours ago, SOSU said:

I think by that he means that Doom has the same overly masculine aesthetic as anime (specifically from the 80s) like Hokuto no Ken,Sakigake Otokojuku,early JoJo,etc...

That's ironic, given the vast majority of the main characters in all those series do not use guns to fight at all, especially in the first two examples there.  

On a semi-related note, civilian ownership of firearms is also illegal in Japan, which banned them in the 1950s.

That's ironic, given the vast majority of the main characters in all those series do not use guns to fight at all, especially in the first two examples there.  

On a semi-related note, civilian ownership of firearms is also illegal in Japan, which banned them in the 1950s.

Not like that's stopped plenty of anime from having guns and stuff in general.

Or of, well, futuristic guns. I mean, the 80s was the golden age of anime for a reason, and while Doom has a couple of pretty modern weapons, you definitely start getting more futuristic as you go up the weapon tiers.

I guess I could see the similarity in that context. I doubt he was pegging Doom to a specific anime (though if he were, it'd definitely be one of those more futuristic ones), but probably the aesthetic, and of course "one man against everybody" isn't an uncommon theme itself - Japanese folklore/popular culture has no shortage of stories where one man (or occasionally, one woman) fights on against all odds (Kozure Ookami/子連れ狼, localized here as "Lone Wolf and Cub" comes to mind).

Edited by Dark Pulse

Then it's simmiliar to all the sci-fi anime with the LASERS 

Welcome to doomworld community! Good luck with your map project!

Also that doujin fps game looks pretty weird, I mean what happens there? A guy with a uzi slaughter a lots of maids and himedere (aren't girls in old elegant dresses are called like that?) trought a wolf3d old mansion... eh?

Edited by Walter confetti