Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Charbomber

My second wad with actual effort, and it's also a meme wad

Made another meme wad, because fuck actually making something worth while.

E4M2 2.zip

It's in UDMF DooM 2, and for (obviously) DooM 2. It's map Map01 and continues to Map02

Edited by Charbomber : forgot Important stuff.

Well, third map could be solid, non meme filled map after all. Also where's your screenshots?

1 hour ago, Charbomber said:

Is there a rule saying I have to provide screenshots?

While not posting any screenshots isn't going to get you banned any time soon, not doing so is considered an act of bad faith and is usually a sign of suspicious behavior from people who have repeatedly done this.

Mentioning "effort" and "meme" in the same context sounds like a foreign concept. :P

Not much effort here.

Since terrywads have been banned. There are lots of "my first map" posts here on DW, no screenshots, all lower case text. It's very obvious. I'll say no more.

Can we please ban everyone for a week who's not posting screenshots in their thread opener, especially if this isn't their first time violating that rule of common sense.

On 11/22/2018 at 12:35 AM, Pavera said:

I don't get it -- you put effort into making a meme wad? Why not just try making a serious map?

I'm thinking the same. If this particular mapper bothered to make such a map, why not doing a map that's worthy of people's time?

2 minutes ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

HOW is it not a Terrywad?

"terry trap" - a Doom map equivalent of an Internet screamer.

Theres no screamer, its just a bad map

Just now, Bushpig2dope said:

"terry trap" - a Doom map equivalent of an Internet screamer.

Theres no screamer, its just a bad map

You know, I'm pretty sure that if it has a picture of Terry, or SOMEMONG, or that one particular picture of Santa Claus, or that picture of a guy in a bikini, anywhere in the file, even if it isn't used, then it should be considered a Terrywad.

12 hours ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

I'm sick of Terrywads existing.

There was a fan made UAC Military Nightmare 2 that was actually playable. But most ehh, open door, enter room, press door and remember don't forget your ear plugs. It's gonna be ear busting stuff!

5 hours ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

You know, I'm pretty sure that if it has a picture of Terry, or SOMEMONG, or that one particular picture of Santa Claus, or that picture of a guy in a bikini, anywhere in the file, even if it isn't used, then it should be considered a Terrywad.

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Doom_community_jargon#T

Terry WAD - A WAD specifically designed to piss you off, take up space, or do both. While some are simply screamers, others have been more malicious and may attempt to change the player's settings or use up significant disk space and memory.

While the WAD is a gigantic waste of time, it doesn't fit the community definition of a terrywad. This map is already grarbage without needing to reinvent existing terminology.