Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Major Grit

The Best Doom/Quake Weapon

I don't care what those morons say, I LOVE MY QUAKE 2 RAILGUN! just because people can't aim to save there lives doesn’t mean they have to ruin it for the rest of us. the shottys come a close second.

In every single game i've played i've liked the shotgun(s) most. That's because it takes time to reload it, and you have to take cover at the meantime. When shooting with a machinegun you can only stand still and wait for the enemy to die. And the other cool thing is the effect of shotgun: it looks cool when you see a large amount of blood at the same time and the enemy falls futher.

Well for SP I think the SG/SSG is the best weapon for Doom. For Doom deathmatch, or Quake anything, the rocket launcher is the best weapon.

(Well aside from fighting those Shamblers. I guess the thunderbolt/supernailgun is the best in that situation.)

BFG, LOLOLOLO...
nah, SSG or chaingun for doom.
For quake super nailgun... :9

There's something about rocket launchers that I've always loved, I guess it's the explosions and splash damage. Overall it isn't the "best" weapon because of self-damage in close quarters, but it's my favorite.

Super Shotgun in Doom2, Quake, and Quake2 rule. SSGs are the best weapons in the world, IMO.

Best DooM weapon: SSG (the only weapon that can kill anything, even the big two!)

Best Quake 1 weapon: Super nailgun (if mission packs are included, the laser cannon)

Best Quake 2 weapon: Chaingun (speed, power, greatly satisfying), railgun in second.

Overall for sp, I'd say the shotguns from all Quake games and Doom (yes, EVEN Quake 1's shitty shotguns), but if I were to pick one weapon specific weapon from all these games, I'd say Q2's chaingun.

That thing simply rocks - in sp as well as mp.
It was my preferred weapon in Quake 2 dm, because I could rip people apart with it easier than with any other weapon, except of course the BFG10k (but this gun often gave you too large an advantage).

Dude you are tripping I love the shotgun an all but I would never say the railgun sucks. I always say it's not the gun it is who is behind the gun with the railgun all you have to do is aim.

Major Grit said:

all you have to do is aim.

yeah, I didn't say it was ineffective, I just simply stated that it's a bad (poorly balanced) weapon. It's just aim and shoot, no interesting twist to it at all.

I wouldn't mind the railgun if it's ammo was limited like the sniper gun in Halo. In Halo, it's all aim and power, but you run out of ammo for big weapons quick. It oughta be more like that.

shotguns, railguns, rocket launchers, grenades

also a nonexistant BFG *M-11k (perpetual bfg with lasers and splashdamage)

*Model-11000

Major Grit said:

Hell yeah java boy I totally agree. Because I know there are players out there who abuse the power of weapons like that.

eep. Well they shouldn't make it so damn easy! Yes UT i'm talking about your goddamned sniper rifle.

The best Doom weapon: super shotgun, naturally this is a known fact but Doom2 pioneered that weapon, and it's been in almost every first person shooter since.

Best Quake weapon: When i spent all waking hours dming in Quake, there was nothing better then getting the pentagram, loading up the 'ol thunderbolt, and jumping in the water to splash with your friends. Even the lightning gun in quake3 is okay, but it's just not the party maker it used to be.

I like the machinegun from Quake2. That's an all around useful gun. Second is the shotgun from Doom. IMO It's the most useful gun in the game. The chaingun from Q2 is cool, but that things eats up ammo like there's no tommorow! (It's good in DM, but not single player when there's so many Strogg to kill and you want to save the ammo.)

I hate the sound of the Q2 chaingun firing, it sounds like a popgun IMO, it doesn't sound meaty enough.

For the best Doom weapon, SSG naturally, for the best Quake weapon series, either the Q2 rocket launcher or the Gauntlet from Q3. Yes, the Gauntlet is really a gimmick, but I just love the animation of the spinning saw combined with the electrical charges :)

Come on. All the weapons in Doom and Quake are good. Arguing over the best is like arguing over the best Simpsons episode. There is no right answer, only X number of wrong answers.

AndrewB said:
Come on. All the weapons in Doom and Quake are good. Arguing over the best is like arguing over the best Simpsons episode. There is no right answer, only X number of wrong answers.

Best Simpsons episodes = seasons 2 to 7 almost all gold!

season 1 isn’t great and after season 7 things get really poor. I know you said there is no right answer, but this is a subject close to my hart *sniff*

Hey Doomer 4 ever you know the ssg is tight. Why are you hating I think callin it annoying is going a little to far. Also the guy who said the gaunlet is cool is so right and who ever said it's crazy to argue over the weapons is right but he needs to relax we are just talking about the weapons no ones arguing. DOH !

DooMer 4ever said:

Why does everyone like SSG better than the ordinary. With SSG too much of the burst goes just trough the monster. It's annoying.

If you ever played DM, you would know.