Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Loud Silence

Yamaha S-YXG50 music packs for Doom, Hexen, Heretic, Strife and any (mega)wads.

I can make music packs with Yamaha S-YXG50 SoftSynthesizer (4MB Wavetable), but i don't need them by myself. If anyone wants music pack for certain game, wad or megawad, please write here, i will make and post them here. I'm bored in free time, so get me busy. :) To use pack for playing, just load zip archive as pwad. Tested with Eternity Engine and Zdoom. All packs will be here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aAI7f1cOGRYeBJi30NAwYIFFsK1RZv95

Edited by Rimantas

That's interesting! What about Doom and Doom 2? They have the most recognizable tracks to me, so it would be neat to check how they sound.

Pretty sure this community will never tire of new music packs from people with the gear for them.

There's plenty of megawads with custom music, too. Plutonia 2 is a nice example off the top of my head.

Let's see, a few other ones off the top of my head...

• TNT: Evilution had some original music. (Also some repeats of Doom/Doom II music I think.)
  • Strife, obviously, counts.
  • Hacx was one of the few pay-for TCs on the engine, and it had custom music.
  • I think the WizardWorks pay-for megawads (Hell to Pay/Perdition's Gate) had original music as well, maybe both. I know PG does, not sure about HTP.
  • Naturally some people would love some of the more popular megawads, like Scythe/Scythe II, Hell Revealed, etc.

Thanks to @KVELLER's help by extracting .MUS files from problematic WAD, music pack for Strife is done and ready to download. Link is in OP. Now music pack for Hacx is in progress.

Edit: Hacx muspack is done.

Edited by Rimantas

On 11/22/2018 at 5:23 PM, Rimantas said:

I can make music packs with Yamaha S-YXG50 SoftSynthesizer (4MB Wavetable), but i don't need them by myself. If anyone wants music pack for certain game, wad or megawad, please write here, i will make and post them here. I'm bored in free time, so get me busy. :) To use pack for playing, just load zip archive as pwad. Tested with Eternity Engine and Zdoom. All packs will be here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aAI7f1cOGRYeBJi30NAwYIFFsK1RZv95

Can you make a music pack for Doom and Doom 2 ... with kazoos? :)

18 hours ago, Master O said:

Can you make a music pack for Doom and Doom 2 ... with kazoos? :)

Can you beatbox Doom soundtrack in stereo?

On 11/25/2018 at 4:30 AM, Dark Pulse said:

Pretty sure this community will never tire of new music packs from people with the gear for them.

You don't really need any gear for S-YXG50 though because it's a software synthesizer. :P (one that sounds very much like old mid-1990s Yamaha hardware GM+XG synth modules such as a MU80 which I owned for a while)

It's old but there's a hacked VSTi version which is easy to find and (unlike the original driver version) runs just fine using savihost on any modern Windows version. You can also make it work with any MIDI player software, DOSBox, old game, source port, whatever by installing loopMIDI and CoolSoft MIDIMapper.

It can even be made to work on Linux-based OSes (probably everywhere else too where wine is available so you can run savihost+VSTis and there's some way to do MIDI loopback). I use a setup like this when I play old games nowadays whenever I'm not using Roland's SC-VA VSTi instead.