Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

[Good games!] December 10th Massive FFA for Doom's Birthday!

Can anyone help me figure out Discord? I signed up with it ages ago then never used it. But now I'm trying to log on to the DM group, but it tells me that I need to "claim" my account. When I do it asks for my email and password, but then it tells me that email address is already claimed. Yes it is. By me. It's my account. Can I log on please?

Anyone know how I can tell it that I am actually me and everything's fine?

10 more maps have been added from the Cacoward winning mapset "Don't Be a Bitch", bringing this to an absolutely massive 60 map set, all quality.

http://doomshack.org/wads/25th_dm_60maps.zip

The server is now up! [Doomshack.org] Doom's 25th Birthday - DEATHMATCH CELEBRATION!

I hope to see people joining up in about 1.5 hours time (~5PM EST) and maybe we can get it all the way up to 20+ clients?!

1 hour ago, Nootrac4571 said:

Can anyone help me figure out Discord? I signed up with it ages ago then never used it. But now I'm trying to log on to the DM group, but it tells me that I need to "claim" my account. When I do it asks for my email and password, but then it tells me that email address is already claimed. Yes it is. By me. It's my account. Can I log on please?

Anyone know how I can tell it that I am actually me and everything's fine?

There should be a little panel at the bottom

1522711278_NewBitmapImage.JPG.69b8c532e17e3dd136a9af04005d3363.JPG

See the very bottom left where it says "Doomkid" and has a microphone, headphone and gear? Click the gear and you should be able to "log out" from the temp account and log in to your real one.

Edited by Doomkid

54 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

See the very bottom left where it says "Doomkid" and has a microphone, headphone and gear? Click the gear and you should be able to "log out" from the temp account and log in to your real one.

I feel like I'm being an idiot now. This is what I get when I go there:

discord.jpg.89eb688c7076f1653ce679822b7083f1.jpg

"Save" makes the "email is already registered" message appear. "Delete account" seems to have no effect at all - at least, nothing noticeable happens when I press it, and the same screen greets me when I try to log in again. I can't see a way to simply log out. I'm at a loss.

I said it before and I'll say it again: This is absurdly fun. I ended up getting a bit of a headache though, too much stuff going on I suppose :P

Oh, and I'm not particularly proud of that one round I won. I just got a bunch of cheap kills with the BFG lol.

Almost 5 hours now with an average of 20 players the entire time, and substantial amount of time with 24-27 in game at once. Incredible, tbh. Server is still going strong with no signs of slowing down so if you're curious, now's the time to get in.

Here are a selection of screenies of match results from about 6-8 pm EST, near 7 pm the server was packed at 25+ players for many rounds, as well as a video of about 2 hours of this super session. I had a ton of fun and I highly encourage folks to just give it a shot and have fun with it. I was thrilled to not only see a lot of old dm friends, but also some people I've never seen in-game, like Ajora and Edward; glad y'all made it out! From new players to old hands it was great to see such a massive, diverse crowd of folks from many different skill levels make some time to show some support and have fun in the process. I'm also going to echo the thoughts of people I played with and say that we need to have a 25th anniversary (dm) more often ^^

https://imgur.com/a/fxlrWVZ

At the time of this post the matches are still going on! If you haven't at least taken a peak in, joined a match, maybe gotten a kill or ten, then you absolutely should; it's worth a few quick minutes and is a ton of fun!

Edited by Fonze

Good games, chaotic but it was so damn fun (my high ping aside)! Might just drop in for a few more games, though looks like things calmed down a bit. Also, can't resist kind of recording just this game alone.

The server has been going for 8 hours now and remianed populated the whole time. I literally slept for hours and it's STILL on. Great idea, Ajora! People seemed to love it!

I had a chance to drop in and play when it was packed. I forgot how OTT Doom deathmatch can be with so many people. Fun times! Kind of annoying at least one trend from another online multiplayer game I used to frequent seems to have followed me, but that's neither here nor there. I should get in on these FFAs more often!