Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
apatuka

UAC Complex v0.9b

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

I made a set of levels inspired on Knee-Deep in the Dead of Doom 1 using ACS Scripting and more.

Also i took some of the Jimmy's MIDI from his website.

 

This is my first wad with 9 levels and i'm planning add a Second Episode.

 

IWAD: doom2.wad

Compatible with Zandronum and GZdoom.

Levels: 9 (8 levels + 1 secret level)

 

DOWNLOAD

 

Some screens:

Spoiler

lT0FOPA.pngI5LHOZi.pngRuJh0SE.pngIinwCD1.pngw0vYzLQ.pngLhD41c3.png

 

I want to say thanks to  @scifista42 and @BlackFish for the tips on mapping.

 

Update: Adjusted MAP04 UV Skill.

Update 2: Readjusted the MAP08 and fixed some issues with other levels (balance, secrets and some misalignments)

 

Edited by apatuka : Made some small adjustements

Share this post


Link to post
 

 

The Red Alert intermission got me hooked immediately. UV playthrough with saves, continuos between map 01-02 and pistol start from map 03 onwards. Kind of liked it, real Ultimate Doom feel, just run and gun with lots of resources at your disposal.

 

Is it your first released wad ever, or your first multilevel wad?

Edited by wintertowns

Share this post


Link to post

That intermission screen is indeed a very cool idea. Screenshots look great, I'll play it eventually.

Share this post


Link to post

First impressions, I really like the level layouts. Nice and spacious but without feeling empty. However I think you might be a little too generous with items and secrets- I had found two soulspheres in map 1 and gotten everything but the BFG. Maybe that was the intention to arm the player up quickly, but it made a good portion of the early going feel like a breeze which made what could have been interesting traps and firefights feel a bit dull. If I were to make a suggestion, I would keep most of the secrets but limit how many goodies are in each one so a keen-eyed player doesn't find themselves completely outgunning the opposition too soon. I also think the levels would benefit from having beefier opponents early on if you're sticking with having lots of weapons at the start, so that it's not just bowling through zombiemen and imps before the barons start appearing.

 

Music is ace though. Love me some Descent midis.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

 

 

11 hours ago, wintertowns said:
 

The Red Alert intermission got me hooked immediately. UV playthrough with saves, continuos between map 01-02 and pistol start from map 03 onwards. Kind of liked it, real Ultimate Doom feel, just run and gun with lots of resources at your disposal.

 

Is it your first released wad ever, or your first multilevel wad?

 

Yes, it's my first multilevel wad but i made many levels before doing my first WAD Episode.

I released another one before but it was very bad and took the feedback to improve.

 

10 hours ago, elend said:

That intermission screen is indeed a very cool idea. Screenshots look great, I'll play it eventually.

 

Glad you liked the Red Alert intermission, it was an idea (and the most easy to do) i have a long time ago because i don't have design skills to create one.

 

7 hours ago, captain crunchy said:

First impressions, I really like the level layouts. Nice and spacious but without feeling empty. However I think you might be a little too generous with items and secrets- I had found two soulspheres in map 1 and gotten everything but the BFG. Maybe that was the intention to arm the player up quickly, but it made a good portion of the early going feel like a breeze which made what could have been interesting traps and firefights feel a bit dull. If I were to make a suggestion, I would keep most of the secrets but limit how many goodies are in each one so a keen-eyed player doesn't find themselves completely outgunning the opposition too soon. I also think the levels would benefit from having beefier opponents early on if you're sticking with having lots of weapons at the start, so that it's not just bowling through zombiemen and imps before the barons start appearing.

 

Music is ace though. Love me some Descent midis.

 

I recognize i did bad on balancing the levels. On most levels i reduced the amount of goodies because it was too easy, but on others i increased to balance.

Will try my best on do a better balance on future levels, i still need a lot of practice to improve.

Share this post


Link to post

Fixed many things like linedefs not defined as secret and some areas where the linedef is not set as platform (Looks like Doombuilder doesn't have "Monsters can Activate" like DeepSea.

Balanced the amount of items and monsters to be more challenging (Less ammo and power ups)

Reduced a lot of useless secrets area on MAP01.

Reduced the generosity on those secrets.

MAP03 have an brown wall texture instead of the green one and players confused with a secret, this was unintentional and was replaced.

Also added some teleports to help player on those remote switches (Map02 was an example about bad design on switches)

 

New activate sound for the final boss. Thanks @wintertowns for the SFX !

 

Will keep an eye about feedback.

Realm of Hell under development.

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://pnix.info/uac/UACv0.9b-rev4.pk3

 

Thanks @HAK3180 for the feedback !

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×