Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nash

Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition [v0.9 beta released]

I used the original Nash's gore mod for quite some time before I moved on to Smooth Doom, this version of NGM looks pretty good so far.

Edited by Avoozl

3 hours ago, eviltechno said:

So this will be GZDoom only or also for zandronum?

Targeted for GZDoom 3.6.0 and above, specifically. This mod was written 100% from scratch, and ZScript helped me write much shorter and cleaner code with no tangled spaghetti and 10 billion A_Jumps every where. :)

With client/server GZDoom being worked on behind the scenes, I am looking forward to see this mod used in play sessions in C/S GZD in future!

Ceiling gore... lol

Probably the most important non-level mod there is? I couldn't begin to name the projects that are based on nashgore or use its code/methods as a base

10 minutes ago, Saad356 said:

Can anyone give me a list of the Mods and WADs used in the video...

Let's see if I can remember...

(in completely randomly order)

My original mods (all can be found on the ZDoom forum):

SpriteShadows

Tilt++

Sway

Other peoples' mods and maps:

Final Doomer

Smooth Doom

Ashes 2063

High Noon Drifter

Ancient Aliens

ZPack

Might've missed some others though... can't remember, sorry :S

7 hours ago, Nash said:

Targeted for GZDoom 3.6.0 and above, specifically. This mod was written 100% from scratch, and ZScript helped me write much shorter and cleaner code with no tangled spaghetti and 10 billion A_Jumps every where. :)

With client/server GZDoom being worked on behind the scenes, I am looking forward to see this mod used in play sessions in C/S GZD in future!

Wait, they work on gzdoom multiplayer? (where i can actually disable deathmatch weapons in coop, unlike with gzdoom+ ZDL) That's great news. 

1 hour ago, eviltechno said:

Wait, they work on gzdoom multiplayer? (where i can actually disable deathmatch weapons in coop, unlike with gzdoom+ ZDL) That's great news. 

GZDoom proper client/server support is being explored by dpJudas and a few other contributors.  It's not guaranteed by any stretch, but if it does come to fruition, Nash is saying his gore mod should work perfectly with it.

Nice this mod better then bolonese mod I can't wait to try it out nice work! Oh ya I also have a question will this mod work with droplets simulated blood mod or would this mod cause a conflict with it?

27 minutes ago, coldroll said:

Nice this mod better then bolonese mod I can't wait to try it out nice work! Oh ya I also have a question will this mod work with droplets simulated blood mod or would this mod cause a conflict with it?

For blood effects (weapon hitscans): last/most bottom loaded mod in your load order will win. So if you load nashgore last, you will see only nashgore's blood effects. There's no other solution to this, because every gore mod ever made are all competing to do a "replaces Blood".

For gibbing: ALL effects will load simultaneously! You will see gib effects from both mods spawned at the same time. This might bog your computer's performance down.

Ran through a few maps in episode 2 of Deathless with it, the color patch, and Random Deaths and Decoration 1.6. The only problem I had with it was when I first started playing, whenever i shot an enemy the blood sprays came off as a tad too slow. The feeling goes away quickly once you get into the rhythm of gameplay, but do you have plans to add more options for adjusting that sort of thing, if it is even possible at all?

Apart from that, this mod is fucking great and it's going into my GZDoom autoload ASAP.

7 hours ago, mammajamma said:

Ran through a few maps in episode 2 of Deathless with it, the color patch, and Random Deaths and Decoration 1.6. The only problem I had with it was when I first started playing, whenever i shot an enemy the blood sprays came off as a tad too slow. The feeling goes away quickly once you get into the rhythm of gameplay, but do you have plans to add more options for adjusting that sort of thing, if it is even possible at all?

Apart from that, this mod is fucking great and it's going into my GZDoom autoload ASAP.

Are you talking about the "default" blood style or "classic" blood style? I suppose I could look into adding a "blood gravity" slider in the options...

I tried this mod, but the over-damage requirement it simply way too high, I need to shoot a zombieman twice then hit him with a rocket to gib him, you hardly ever see gibbing happen

i'd rather use Balonase mod, but it breaks Archviles in that it makes resurrected enemies invisible 

Nice mod. But I'm very confused by the difference between the blood on the walls and the blood on the floor. There is a small mod NiceWallBlood. It will be better if it is fully integrated with Vengeance Edition.

NiceWallBlood.zip

Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition is now known as NashGore NEXT and has a release date!

Requesting thread lock - I will make a new thread for NashGore NEXT!