Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eviltechno

Searching mod to see ALLIES through the map

Is there really only "team radar v3" to see other teammates position in coop? https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7018

This ability is important for me as i mostly play with new players. Large complex maps get difficult to play and makes new players lose interest quick.

In the above thread people also mention 2 other plugins.

Some addon from a modder called "water.." (?) Which should also show the actual map, which kinda sounds about the thing i am looking for. (although to just see an icon though the maps where they are positioned would be enough)

Someone called "Arctangent" links to a file which he said he made, which seems to be offline. I can not see how that addons were called. To search for them seems to be an impossible tasc.

Both members seem to be offline for year(s), so i'm kind of lost here.

Any help would be much appreciated

(btw, i already asked this on zandronum forum but nobody answered in 1,5 weeks)

Edited by eviltechno

So is what you’re looking for a PIP automap which shows the other players positions as well? That would be pretty sweet. You can already see allies positions in the existing automap, though of course you have to switch to it using tab rather than it being a simple PIP.

Am I understanding correctly what it is you’re after?

Of course I can't speak for him, but I'd wish if there would be some kind of radar just like in zdaemon coop. That would be neat.

11 hours ago, Doomkid said:

So is what you’re looking for a PIP automap which shows the other players positions as well? That would be pretty sweet. You can already see allies positions in the existing automap, though of course you have to switch to it using tab rather than it being a simple PIP.

Am I understanding correctly what it is you’re after?

Just some alternative addon/plugin to team radar v3. In D4T for example the team radar doesn't work. It works after mapchange or when the other player(s) join but then their dot disappear for unknown reason. 

However a mini automap would be very cool for newer players, but i can see why people think this might be too "nooby" or whatever. For my preference i would love just seeing the team mates / allies through the walls as an indicator. My other main coop game is left 4 dead 1. Probably that's why. There you can see the teammates highlighted in cyan-glow, everywhere, from any distance. If that glow is disabled its called "realism mode". IMO Realism mode doesn't really fit into doom coop, as the maps can get way to complex and players can get lost in no time.  

Now I get what you mean. There was an old deathmatch hack for various ports (that definitely was not allowed) which let you see other players through the walls. It would actually make for a nice DMflag for non-competitive game modes. Heck, I think that and the PIP automap which shows allies locations would be great - it would make regrouping in coop and survival SO much easier. I might even submit this as a feature request for the various ports and see what the developers think..