Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StormCatcher.77

Bloodspeed (Final)

Quick update:

- Fixed a bug in MAPINFO, breaking the correct sequence of maps. Probably remained after the constant migrations of maps ...
- Fixed SUPPORT2 texture (which I am correcting for the 4th time :D)

Link isn't changed.

http://www.twitch.tv/leodoom85/v/341952267

What left me of this stream?

Well, the first 4 maps were easy to handle, no problem with some loss of direction in map 04. But map 05 took the cake of rising the difficulty all of a sudden and...why adding a death exit? Why???

Map 06 was tricky, really tricky...especially the blue key area and the beginning. The blue armor helped me a lot in that map for sure. Overall, it's a challenging mapset and looks like some maps are using a Quake-ish texture pack and other uses stock textures, which it still looks good. Today I'll continue with another stream...probably doing until map 12...

Edited by leodoom85

14 hours ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

At the moment, the issue with the title screen and INTERPIC has not been resolved. We really need an artist who can help with this.

I hope for your response in terms of balance and any bugs. Good luck there!

I would like to make your titlepic and interpic.

4 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

a death exit? Why??? 

At first, of course, thanks for your attention. As I mentioned above, due to an mistakes in MAPINFO, the few maps were swapped. In fact, it was the 6th map called "Sprint", completing the first episode. Each episode ends with a death-exits.

@franckFRAG Thanks for the initiative! How can we cooperate in this matter?

@StormCatcher.77 If you have a particular wish about the title and inter screen, you can suggest me by mp :)

I already realized the M_DOOM :

bs_m_doom.png.a2811e2783dbc3e6459570d6ca232a01.png

I'm likely to improve this one.

^ was going to point that out.

Also, as a personal suggestion about map 01 would be to add a chaingun somewhere (could be in one of the secrets), given that SG/zerk are priority but you can top in bullets pretty easily. 

Congrats on the release btw!

Currently hosting this on a Zandronum server.

These maps are really cool.  I'm just not very fond of the spawns in front and in your back very often (i'm only at map06).

The design is very crisp. How can i describe it more properly. It's just my thing...

Looking forward to play more of it and to see more of you in the future.

Enjoying so far, despite the death exits. (Which I've never been a fan of)

Map 10, however, I'm struggling to enjoy. It's an enormous key/switch hunt, and there seems to be little to direct the player where to go. I think I need to find one more switch to open the final green door beyond the yellow teleporter, but I don't see how it's obvious where I missed it.

Quick update 2:

Corrected some coop-unfriendly places on maps 07, 09 and 29. Many thanks to @nih for detailed feedback. Also, on map 29 done alot of minor fixes and map 32 replaced by newer version.

I forget what map this was on, but I was messing around with the map you can activate that switch from below without needing to be up on the ledge.

On map 28, there's a lovely arrow pointing over there, but how on earth do you get there?

On Map05, in this area, if you climb on the machine all the way to the left, you can get stuck between it and the wall.

Other than that I haven't encountered any bugs whatsoever.

Very solid and fun pack, the maps by Pinchy, Obsidian and StormCatcher (and the last episode in general) really stood out for me.

Keep up the great work :)

Where exactly am I supposed to go once I get the Red Keycard in Map 8? The red doors and the red skull pillars beside the brown pool cannot be Use'd so I'm not sure what to do next.

8 hours ago, DoubleCakes said:

Where exactly am I supposed to go once I get the Red Keycard in Map 8? The red doors and the red skull pillars beside the brown pool cannot be Use'd so I'm not sure what to do next.

There's a switch you have to hit that will open the doors and pillars.

I got stuck on map09.  I got the red and yellow keys and then couldn't find a spot for the yellow key. 

I liked everything that I had seen though, impressive detailing and perfect difficulty. 

There was a bridge I fell through on map07.  Playing with gzdoom 3.4.1.  That's the only bug I found.

Edited by Bryan T

Hey, been playing through this wad a bit, I'd like to ask when Map01 is getting fixed so the last demon spawns so I can complete the UV-Max. But for now I have done and submitted 3 demos to the Misc thread if anyone wants to watch Map01.

So is this author inactive? I'd still like a fix so it can be uploaded to DSDA. But It's still in beta so that happen until its released.

Not sure if you're aware of this "bug." I apologize for the photos, but I am using a crappy computer at work:

You can get finish Map 29 (Iced Sanctuary) without needing the Red Key at all, or the Red Door, for that matter. In fact, I did the below description when I first played this Map because I thought it would lead to a secret. When I got to the end of the Map, I backtracked and finished it the "correct way," that is, with the Red Key (yes, it's possible to backtrack from the exit to Photo 1 without needing the Red Door):

I'll attempt to explain this the best I can...1) Climb the stairs when you find the red door. It's actually on the path you need to go on to get the Red Key. 2) Go all the way to the top. 3) At the top, face left. You'll see a ledge. 4) Board the ledge and proceed along the ledge to the gap on your right and drop down.

- Photo 1 is me almost to the top of the stairs. Note you can see the Red Door (circled) from here.

- Photo 2: I'm in the exact same spot as photo 1, only facing 90 degrees to the right. Note I'm almost to top of stairs. The circled ledge is the target.

- The bottom photo is the top of the stairs. See the ledge circled by a "1"? That's the ticket. Go from "1" to "2" and drop off the ledge "3". You have no choice after you drop off the ledge except to follow a linear path to the exit area.

Presentation1.jpg

Edited by dylux

The project is not abandoned in any way, I'm just pretty busy and can't find enough time to work on it. I did not updating the megawad for an unforgivably long time. There are already a lot of bug reports and fixes waiting for assembling...

@dylux By the way, on map 29 number of bugs is much more :D I just already know about this, but thanks anyway for mentioning. It's nice that the project is remembered. It will definitely be completed. Hope this year.

By the way, we still have no INTERPIC and title screen ... I don’t even know how they could look.

Did this project come out too late for a 2019 Cacoward nomination? I'm not certain of the cut-off date(s). 

I *think* the cut-off is December. I believe Bloodspeed came out in Nov, 2018, according to the date at the very top of this thread.

Somebody correct my ignorant a$$ if I am incorrect, please.

If this meets the criteria, then I am nominating it. :)

Just finished building 3rd beta. Again, I broke the switches and animated textures, but it seemed I'm was fix everything. Probably...

+ Added edits from Dragon Hunter concerning maps 7, 9 and 20.
+ Added edits from Chaingunner, making corrections to maps 02, 16, 18, 21 and 33
+ Added edits for the map 08 from +Ku6EPyXOBEPTKA+, replaced music.
+ Added edits from Wraith for map 24
+ Alot of multiple fixes were added to map 29.
+ Fixed a bug with a monster stuck in the technical sector on the map 01. Added a machine gun.
+ Correcting the texture offsets on the map 10 at the same time a bit played with the lighting to my taste.
+ Removed redundant and duplicate textures. Thousands of them. Almost literally.

Deep thanks to Dragon Hunter for a serious approach to testing, for active participation and, in general, for support. I am glad that the authors of the maps did not forget about their creations and sent updates. Now there is not much left before the final release. It is necessary only to get graphics from someone...

Link available in the first post.

Yippeee!!! I am gonna download it again and start again after I am finished with This HeXen Wad - Chuxen.

Thanks!!

Nobody's answering my question (above) so I'll re-ask LOL!!:

Is Bloodspeed eligible to be nominated for a Cacoward this year? I am uncertain if it meets the timeline criteria.

13 hours ago, dylux said:

Yippeee!!! I am gonna download it again and start again after I am finished with This HeXen Wad - Chuxen.

Thanks!!

Nobody's answering my question (above) so I'll re-ask LOL!!:

Is Bloodspeed eligible to be nominated for a Cacoward this year? I am uncertain if it meets the timeline criteria.

What does and doesn't actually "qualify" has literally never stopped anybody from making their pet mentionations in the history of ever, fwiw.

But yes, Bloodspeed is in the right period for 2019, first turning up not long after last year's feel-it-out cutoff point. ;)