Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StormCatcher.77

Bloodspeed (Final)

4 hours ago, Demon of the Well said:

What does and doesn't actually "qualify" has literally never stopped anybody from making their pet mentionations in the history of ever, fwiw.

Very true! LOL!! :)

10 hours ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

Honestly, I do not know. Probably only fully completed projects can be nominated. I hope we still have time before the end of the year.

I'm nominating Bloodspeed anyway. This is the best Doom II WAD I've played all year.

Oh god, I totally forgot to make graphics for Bloodspeed, I have to do this! I'm not busy about this weekend, thus I promise myself to block some days to create these graphics :)

I've been playing through Bloodspeed, and I just thought I'd mention that map 25 is unfinishable on HNTR and HMP as the blue key is only flagged for UV.

On 7/19/2019 at 6:39 AM, Super Mighty G said:

I've been playing through Bloodspeed, and I just thought I'd mention that map 25 is unfinishable on HNTR and HMP as the blue key is only flagged for UV.

This is true. Also I am completely stuck on map 30. I am in the center area with the arch viles behind doors, I have raised the steps but a little column came down blocking the button that was in the demon decoration's mouth, and I have no idea how to open the two doors on the ledge on the back side. I have looked everywhere and there is no video online that shows this part of the map. No idea how to finish the thing.

2 hours ago, kain967 said:

This is true. Also I am completely stuck on map 30. I am in the center area with the arch viles behind doors, I have raised the steps but a little column came down blocking the button that was in the demon decoration's mouth, and I have no idea how to open the two doors on the ledge on the back side. I have looked everywhere and there is no video online that shows this part of the map. No idea how to finish the thing.

That little column lowers temporarily when you walk in the alcove with the switch that raised the stairs. Unless you're playing an older release where perhaps that part was bugged, there shouldn't happen that problem in the latest (in prboom+ at least).

Alas, but no...

The project, in principle, is 99% ready. In all this time, we never found an artist who could offer something for the title screen and interpic. For all that time I make just set of bugs to fix, but no fixes were made, because I was proctastinating busy with other projects all this time. I'm currently trying to complete a map prototype for Refracted Reality (if I can).

By the way, @franckFRAG, would you still like to help the project with graphics? Or maybe you know someone to contact?

Argh! Sorry StormCatcher77, I totally forgotten you all this time :o

I launch Photoshop now, and you will have the titlepic and the interpic this weekend !

Edit : Here is the Titlepic (don't take this one, it's a jpeg format, maybe the board compresses the pic) I send you a pm for the bmp version.

titlep10.jpg

Let's go for the Interpic now.

Edited by franckFRAG : Image added

Well, it seems we have the final version! All thanks to franckFRAG, who made a great graphics for the project.

And more:

+ Added updated HUD from Chaingunner
+ Added interpic and titlepic from franckFRAG
+ Corrected maps 01, 04, 05, 27, 28

The link in the topic header has been updated.
Release on idgames archive will be delayed a bit.

Another classic @MAN_WITH_GUN map - the one that started it all - the first speedmap (not the original but an update of)

This had a cool frosty atmosphere - it's so cold in Canada I had to pry my car door open

Tight combat in tight rooms with tight ammo coupled with me missing too many times made this a bit of a struggle but the good kind

good times