Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DynamiteKaitorn

GBA DooM/DooM 2 map editor?

Editing tools for the original GBA Doom do exist, and it's fully possible to make maps for it. Doom 2 GBA is tricker, but recently forum user Randy87 reverse engineered the map format and wrote a tool to extract all the game maps.

On 11/30/2018 at 1:22 PM, InsanityBringer said:

Editing tools for the original GBA Doom do exist, and it's fully possible to make maps for it. Doom 2 GBA is tricker, but recently forum user Randy87 reverse engineered the map format and wrote a tool to extract all the game maps.

As far as I know the Southpaw engine's equivalent of BSP is still undeciphered though, which would prevent inserting new maps with novel geometry. At most right now you could hack on textures, light levels, sector/line specials, and things.

I'm looking all over and for the life of me I cannot find tools to export/import maps to and from GBA Doom. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, I've been googling and now doomworld searching for over half an hour and I can't find a single util D:

I have Kaiser's ancient GBADMAKE for GBA Doom 1 somewhere, let me dig it up.

Edit: alright here it is. I find it hard to believe that nothing else has been created since this was made, but I haven't seen anything myself.

Edited by SaladBadger