Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

The DWIronman League dies to: Ultimate Doom The Way id Did

A question : Is a demo valid if you accidentally restart the map just when you die even if you quit the game very shortly after ? It is because I press the "use" button the same time I died, I wanted to activate a lift in panic.

Anyway, the demo file is below, category 1 and died in E4M2.

File : Malrionn_Ironman_udtwid.zip

It is valid, do not worry. Similar thing happened to me in March 2017. Your demo still counts because the death moment is (presumably) present and you've passed M1 so the time is there for the ranking.

It's still December 2018 in some parts of the world.

udtwid_mutt.zip

Spoiler

Died in E4M8, beat E4M7 in 1:29:29

Holy balls was it a bad idea to do this drunk at 2AM. I felt really good at first, breezing through the first few maps, then I started feeling tired around E4M6 and well, I walk around the map for several minutes looking for progression without realising I already had a key to use. I was planning on just quitting at E4M8 if I got far enough, then when I got to it I decided to go for broke and try to get another survival to cap off my already very decorated year (as your very own Britbowl Champion, dear reader). Then I got further into the map, and further, etc. etc. then I absolutely bottled it at the end because I'm great at this game. I kinda knew these maps, having seen the thing go through testing on streams and stuff, but there was a lot I had forgotten - such as the e4M7 cyberdemon! Also if you love watching me snipe cyberdemons at single digit health like a coward then this is the demo for you.

I've got about the same score as last year: 44% max points.  Damn, all my efforts at getting gud have not appeared to pay off this year, better luck next year. 

Cheers to Alfonzo and NaZa for organizing/keeping track of things.  These doom "ironman events" are actually one of my favorite things to do each month. 

also, Happy New Year.