Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crazyflyingdonut

Who is your favorite character from any 90's FPS game?

What's up, my fellow Doomers? It's time for another topic in my long-running series of topics where I like to ask you guys a question! This time, my question is: Who's your favorite character from any 90's FPS?

If you've enjoyed a lot of FPS games from the 90's, chances are that you probably have a favorite character. FPS games from the early days had a lot of cool characters to play as. You had Doomguy, BJ Blazkowicz, Duke Nukem, Caleb, Gordon Freeman, Serious Sam, Lo Wang... there's gotta be someone in particular that you really like.

Also, this is not required but if you can, that'd be great: Explain why you like the character. Their personality? Their appearance? Let me know your opinion!

1 hour ago, yakfak said:

blackbird :3 she has some good lines

Good choice. She's quite funny and likeable.  

Edited by Ajora

50 minutes ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

Oh yes, he's pretty fantastic. Silent type, I like that.

Caleb is anything but quiet. Half the time you throw explosives he laughs maniacally or delivers a one-liner, and if you stand still for a couple seconds he starts singing show tunes.

2 minutes ago, whirledtsar said:

Caleb is anything but quiet. Half the time you throw explosives he laughs maniacally or delivers a one-liner, and if you stand still for a couple seconds he starts singing show tunes.

But he's doesn't talk as much as Duke Nukem does!

I think Lo Wang has the funniest dialogue of the Build Engine protagonists. Especially when you're mostly using explosive weapons and constantly hear gems like "I stick a firecracker in your ass".

2 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

Probably Gordon Freeman.  He didn't come across as some macho type.

Caleb might be a close second, but.... I haven't played much of Blood. 

YOU NEED TO PLAY BLOOD!

IT'S AWESOME!

1 minute ago, Spectre01 said:

I think Lo Wang has the funniest dialogue of the Build Engine protagonists. Especially when you're mostly using explosive weapons and constantly hear gems like "I stick a firecracker in your ass".

For some reason, I always laugh every time he says "look, you have a new friend!". That one scene in the game with the old woman hitting on him is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a video game. 

1 minute ago, Ajora said:

That one scene in the game with the old woman hitting on him is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a video game. 

"Maybe if I close eyes it go away!"

May as well be Doomguy since he didn't talk. Outside of that Duke. Perhaps Alan Grant from the FPS segments of Jurassic Park on the SNES?

12 minutes ago, crazyflyingdonut said:

YOU NEED TO PLAY BLOOD!

IT'S AWESOME!

I have played it, but didn't like it enough to keep playing it. I forget why. The atmosphere was spot-on, though.

Just now, YukiRaven said:

I have played it, but didn't like it enough to keep playing it. I forget why. The atmosphere was spot-on, though.

Can you try again, please?

For me? A random person on the Internet you don't know?

No?... Okay...

Pain Elementals.  All of them.  They're just so cute with their little arms and the way they make everyone so mad!

SHODAN and Caleb. Most other characters are too blank to care about beside nostalgia for their own games \ cool designs. Oh by design? Well I don't think it is obvious that I love the hexen bishop and heretic wizard designs. I guess Tchernobog and D'sparil are cool too, Arch-viles, skull wizards in hexen 2.. ugh I think I just love evil casters. 

Freeman and Doomguy. Can't say much about BJ because I've only played the shareware version of W3D.

Caleb, Duke and Lo aren't really characters. They're caricatures.