Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deadwing

Ozonia Boom Megawad - on /idgames!

Finally beat this! This was a superb megawad, I enjoyed every level greatly. Your love for plutonia is extremely apparent, which is a good thing in my book, because it's my favourite iwad too :)

Looking at the ending, I assume there is a sequel already planned?

Waaaait, textures I made? Well then, guess I'll have to play it to figure out where it is, because I really don't remember making, or at least posting, a lot of textures lol

Edit: Oh right, the textures I created for level 3 of Shrooms 1. I legit loved those. Brigadinha pelo momento de nostalgia <3

Edit 2: Oh, you forgot two midis named 33 and 34 inside the wad. Nice songs, though.

Edited by Albertoni

On 12/27/2021 at 10:46 AM, Valboom said:

I'm having a lot of fun, I'm on map 25 for now. Great design, music and atmosphere. I also love the challenging but not frustrating gameplay with a low number of enemies. 10/10 Thanks Deadwing!

Awesome, great to hear that you're enjoying! :D

On 12/27/2021 at 12:15 PM, koren said:

I had a great time with this set of levels! They looked really good and played even better. In particular I really liked the way map16 worked with the different floors and the floating islands of map29. The two new enemies are appropriately unpredictable and dangerous both individually or as part of a bigger mob. The Hellions in particular can be lethal if they get too close and start warping around after a missed SSG shot. I don't think I ever felt comfortable with any of the fights where a swarm was released or when a couple were still right in the middle of a larger blob of revenants or other mid tiers because of their really excellent ability to ruin crowdshaping/space management in an instant.

It's interesting that the Hierophants were supposed to have a melee attack, I wonder if that makes the big hordes of them in map29 easier or tricker to deal with. Will definitely have to give this another go when the final version has come out.

Here's a set of demos I recorded over the last couple of days. The levels were the perfect length to dip in and out of around all the chaos of christmas, as time permitted:

https://cyberdemon.co.uk/stuff/ozonia2.29rc1-fdas-koren.zip

Thanks a lot koren!

I just finished watching pain elemental's stream and now I'll watch your demos :D

Hellions are indeed annoying as hell haha After I while I get used to them, but as you said never too much confortable.

In RC2 Hierophants will have the Imp's scratch attack, which is weak but faster and more fitting than the player's punch >.<

On 12/27/2021 at 2:39 PM, tom3kb said:

Just finished whole wad.

I like wads with low enemy count, 50-100 is the best for me. :)  Nice work, enjoyed most of the maps (not the biggeest fan of few last maps in episode 3 ;) ~200 and more enemies. But it was end of story so it should be bigger and harder. 

Nice soundtrack, i also liked new monsters.

No to long ago i finished Moonblood, now this. Its time for me to finish Exomoon.

Thanks for your work.

Awesome! Thanks a lot for the kind words!

The maps 27, 28, 29 + 32 are indeed the hardest batch of the wad >.<

Exomoon is quite different from both Moonblood and Ozonia. (and harder than both) It features fewer maps but they are larger. Be sure to get the Director's Cut as I've made some changes to make it less fustrating. (especially for some of its weird mechanics) I like it, though.

On 12/28/2021 at 5:57 AM, Shepardus said:

Great work, I've been loving the maps I've played so far. Here's a small issue I noticed, a slime trail in MAP06 in the room behind the blue door (using dsda-doom v0.22.4 software renderer, in case it matters):

Hide contents

doom00.png.567ebf3d25dcbb9b8ab4022d98db1ce0.png

Oh, thanks a lot! I also spotted it while watching pain elemental's stream. It's fixed for RC2 :D

11 hours ago, Firedust said:

Finally beat this! This was a superb megawad, I enjoyed every level greatly. Your love for plutonia is extremely apparent, which is a good thing in my book, because it's my favourite iwad too :)

Looking at the ending, I assume there is a sequel already planned?

Nice! Thanks a lot for playing and for the kind words, Firedust!

I might do a sequel in the future, although for 2022 I'll try releasing first something shorter and quicker just to not spend another 3 years on a project haha

The ending itself is a bit open-ended, but

with the destruction of the moon there will be no more influence from the Moon corruptor :D

8 hours ago, Albertoni said:

Waaaait, textures I made? Well then, guess I'll have to play it to figure out where it is, because I really don't remember making, or at least posting, a lot of textures lol

Edit: Oh right, the textures I created for level 3 of Shrooms 1. I legit loved those. Brigadinha pelo momento de nostalgia <3

Edit 2: Oh, you forgot two midis named 33 and 34 inside the wad. Nice songs, though.

Haha sem problemas :D E muito boas as texturas indeed!

I'll remove the MIDI's from the scrapped maps (one is repeated and another is a song from Moonblood) :D

WAD looks great but I cant seem to select the shotgun after I pick it up, I've tried GZDoom and Eternity.
Thanks

Sorry, posted this in the wrong thread!

Edited by spottydog10

RC2 is out!

You can download the new version here:

RC2 Deluxe: https://www.mediafire.com/file/c7g2mnhwqqztn2s/ozonia-2.30-RC2-deluxe.zip/file
RC2 Classic: https://www.mediafire.com/file/iui0pvo76qa6e8p/ozonia-2.30-RC2-classic.zip/file

Thanks to all the feedback provided by you guys + people streaming on twitch, I was able to get several small bugs fixed and some major ones, such as the melee from the Hierophant. Here's the full changelog:

--------------

OK - Fix Hierophant's melee, change Punch to Stratch

OK - lower a bit volume from MP3 exomoon tracks
groovy -1     d_openin d_betwee
void -2.5     d_theda2
lorenzo's -1 d_in_cit
ridder's -1 d_stlks3

OK - Remove MIDIs for scrapped maps 33 and 34

2:
OK - Slime Trails in BK fight area
OK - Add textures to revenant hidden door

3:
OK - Revenant entering the ground in the switch that lowers RK
MITIGATED - Fix mancubus bug on exit raising platform (that one!). They now teleport to prevent the bug from happening.

5:
OK - prevent playing from seeing waiting revenant in other side of the map

6:
OK - Unclosed sector in the soulsphere + revenant Battle
OK - misaligned vines texture central area

7:
OK - getting stuck at rocks
MITIGATED - bug sector 667 to get red key - now platform is also a lift from both sides.
OK - misaligned rock texture in archville area

10:
OK - misaligned flat
OK - ugly slime trails from SMM arena to area with key doors

13:
OK - Add health bonus to the second teleporter in the blue door area
OK - Imp Still entering ground

14:
OK - mix steps colors to make stairs easier to read to leave water area

16:
OK - Unclosed sector in the ceilling of the 2 cyberdemons area, just after the lift

18:
OK - wrong texture popup enemies after cyber fight
OK - weird slime trails in the cybers area

21:
OK - Revenant getting stuck at the ground

22:
OK - Cyberdemon can get stuck easily

23:
OK - misaligned stairs plasma gun area

26:
MITIGATED - straferunnable yellow key, it is harder to do now

30:
MITIGATED - telefrag barrel, it will be harder to happen now.

32:
OK - Add music credit

Love the aesthetics and the atmosphere as well !...... If it is not asking too much, can you please upload a copy of RC2 on Google Drive or Dropbox or Mega ?. For some weird reason, Mediafire is blocked by my ISP. TIA :) 

Edited by Evil_Ascended

23 minutes ago, Evil_Ascended said:

Love the aesthetics and the atmosphere as well !...... If it is not asking too much, can you please upload a copy of RC2 on Google Drive or Dropbox or Mega ?. For some weird reason, Mediafire is blocked by my ISP. TIA :) 

Oh sure, here's google drive links:

Classic: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q169V6GhrfYivi2rgj9aTCKHLt06ZTgJ/view?usp=sharing

Deluxe: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nLFXYu5-XTUS1ZKztyyFjLCBK2K2Gcs4/view?usp=sharing

I just finished this bad boy and i can confirm, this is amazing. The level design is cohesive, the visual aesthetics are quite impressive especially in episode two and three, and the music, oh god the music. I have only played the deluxe version of the wad so i can't talk about the midis in the classic version, but oh man this is just banger after banger nonstop, it perfectly fits with the visuals and enhances them. 

Probably my only complaint is the new dehacked enemies, the flying demon is very annoying but never really poses a real threat compared to the other one, holy shit is the fast demon unbearable. Not only does it deal ridiculous damage, moves at the speed of light but it also has a girthy health bar that needs two shots of the ssg at mid range, in my personal opinion i think the fast demon's health should be reduced to a more reasonable amount, so it dies from a single SSG shot at mid to close range.

Overall a must play if you are looking for something that's both fun and doesn't drag on for too long

12 hours ago, danidf96 said:

I just finished this bad boy and i can confirm, this is amazing. The level design is cohesive, the visual aesthetics are quite impressive especially in episode two and three, and the music, oh god the music. I have only played the deluxe version of the wad so i can't talk about the midis in the classic version, but oh man this is just banger after banger nonstop, it perfectly fits with the visuals and enhances them. 

Probably my only complaint is the new dehacked enemies, the flying demon is very annoying but never really poses a real threat compared to the other one, holy shit is the fast demon unbearable. Not only does it deal ridiculous damage, moves at the speed of light but it also has a girthy health bar that needs two shots of the ssg at mid range, in my personal opinion i think the fast demon's health should be reduced to a more reasonable amount, so it dies from a single SSG shot at mid to close range.

Overall a must play if you are looking for something that's both fun and doesn't drag on for too long

That was awesome to hear, @danidf96! I'm glad you enjoyed the mapset!

The Hellion is indeed a pain in the ass to deal with, even though I like the way he ended being. You can kill him with one SSG but it's not always reliable >.< If I reduced his hp by 15 points that would already make a big difference and he would be a lot easier to deal, IMO.

Still, with the mapset in the current state, I don't think I should do it (at least for now), as balance changes like this will impact in a lot other stuff (especially guest maps - which I don't want to make changes) and I also might be chasing my own tail >.<

On 1/6/2022 at 10:55 AM, Keyboard_Doomer said:

Hello,

we're going to play the first half of the wad for Thursday Night Survival today to help spot any remaining bugs before the final release.

The session starts at 19:00 GMT/14:00 EST and you can expect it to be fairly active for 4+ hours.

Thanks a lot, @Keyboard_Doomer!

If you feel there are any improvements I can do to make the coop experience better, tell me!

I just finished playing through the second episode and am still really enjoying it. The levels have a great flow to them, branching out enough to allow freedom in approaching them without becoming overwhelming. The lengths of the maps are just right for my taste, too. The settings are interesting, and I can imagine myself listening to the soundtrack outside the game. There's really nothing not to like here.

Speaking of the episodes, would you consider adding a UMAPINFO lump so that source ports such as dsda-doom could have the episode selection screen? I believe the syntax is similar to MAPINFO's, so it could be adapted from the existing MAPINFO.

I have to say that this is fantastic work! Been meaning to play this for a while, I'm only 6 maps in, but I've enjoyed the hell out of it so far, and I can already tell the rest will be stellar. It looks great, gameplay and levels are engaging, good traps, excellent secrets. It feels really well thought-out. I didn't find any bugs, but honestly I wouldn't care if I did because I was having a such great time. Cheers!

10 hours ago, Shepardus said:

I just finished playing through the second episode and am still really enjoying it. The levels have a great flow to them, branching out enough to allow freedom in approaching them without becoming overwhelming. The lengths of the maps are just right for my taste, too. The settings are interesting, and I can imagine myself listening to the soundtrack outside the game. There's really nothing not to like here.

Speaking of the episodes, would you consider adding a UMAPINFO lump so that source ports such as dsda-doom could have the episode selection screen? I believe the syntax is similar to MAPINFO's, so it could be adapted from the existing MAPINFO.

Thanks a lot Shepardus! I'll try to add a UMAPINFO for dsda doom!

7 hours ago, Bri said:

I have to say that this is fantastic work! Been meaning to play this for a while, I'm only 6 maps in, but I've enjoyed the hell out of it so far, and I can already tell the rest will be stellar. It looks great, gameplay and levels are engaging, good traps, excellent secrets. It feels really well thought-out. I didn't find any bugs, but honestly I wouldn't care if I did because I was having a such great time. Cheers!

Awesome, great to hear you're enjoying :D

Hopefully the wad will hold up in the later maps!

Hey guys!

RC3 is released! It fix lots of small bugs and it has some improvements with all the feedback received from streamers (Tarnsman, Stxvile, Painelemental667, Vortale + Koren's demos) and the DWM Club. (thanks a lot, guys!)

It also has UMAPINFO implemented, so the episode schema also works for boom compatible ports. I wanted to release it only in february, but the mapset can get unfinishable by using MBF compatibility mode, which I was warned off by HAK (I believe) earlier >.< 

You can download the new release in the following links:

RC3 Deluxe:https://www.mediafire.com/file/ea3k96od1dhvwbw/ozonia-2.21-RC3-deluxe.zip/file
RC3 Classic:https://www.mediafire.com/file/a799a2y6vts5ftq/ozonia-2.31-RC3-classic.zip/file

Here's the full list of changes:

Music:
	FIXED - Vulcanic Dam MIDI - d_ddtbl2, d_theda3 - Rhodes sustain pedal bugging after loop
	FIXED - Terror Generator MIDI - d_runni2 - Warm Pad wrong pitch after loop, wrong pitch guitar
	FIXED - Endless Tower MIDI - d_ddtblu, d_dead2 - Guitar getting out of tune after loop
	FIXED - The Last Refuge MIDI - d_shawn3 - Guitar out of tune after loop

General:
	FIXED - Doom difficult font
	ADDED - Add UMAPINFO

FIXED - Fix story text about seeders not being present anymore
	FIXED - Fix last story text to make more comprehensible

FIXED - Added Railing border texture on all maps that needed one (I hope they don't look bad)
	FIXED - Reduced Hellion health by 15 hp (185 -> 170), validate impact with further playthroughs

1:
	FIXED - Cleanup grey minimap lines at the exit switch

3:
	ADDED - Make BK Door switch (that rises lava pool) easier to spot.
	FIXED - Added a pair of candelabras

4:
	ADDED - Lure player to the exit platform
	ADDED - Add more candles that indicates Blue Door Exit from the central area
	FIXED - Line 392: the vine midtextures don't match up at all (one has just the bottom of it, the other is the entire texture)

5:
	FIXED - Cleanup external areas minimap
	FIXED - Change mechanism to teleporting pads
	FIXED - The secret switch leading to the plasma gun secret doesn't animate when you shoot it
	ADDED - Add chaingun to initial area

6:
	FIXED - Damaging non-nukage step in the final setpiece	

8:
	FIXED - Make first secret returnable and requiring yellow key
	FIXED - Rails causing damage

11:
	FIXED - Misaligned skull textures
	ADDED - Add 2 boxes of ammo

14:
	FIXED - Dummy sectors near blue armor secret
	FIXED - Pain Sector in decoration rocks

15:
	FIXED - Change switch type to the crusher

16:
	FIXED - Staircase bug in mbf
	FIXED - HOM water close to the hole
	FIXED - Falling down hole effect is now softer

17:
	FIXED - Staircase bug in mbf
	FIXED - Fixed some misalignemnt textures

18:
	FIXED - HOM close before entering Yellow Door 
	FIXED - Slime trail at the same spot secret yellow door

19:
	FIXED - Closed closet not openning after RK Door
	FIXED, HOPEFULLY - Pop-up not working sometimes?!

22:
	FIXED - Linedef showing in the automap close to the soulsphere secret

23:
	FIXED - Wrong texture alignment 3antares close to the yellow key setpiece

24:
	FIXED - Misaligned fog bricks entrance (in earth area)
	FIXED - Misaligned rocks in the very beginning
	FIXED - One-side mid texture close to the former human in the 2 arch-villes setpieces in the beginning

26:
	FIXED - Misaligned support texture close to the berserk pack
	FIXED - Make arrow invisible
	FIXED - Make red key more visible

27:
	FIXED - Jank spot in the outdoor area where two mancubi open itself the doors (Vortali stream 1:33:30)

28:
	FIXED - Standing Hellions in the central area
	FIXED - It's possible to get stuck by entering the BY area through the backdoor
	FIXED - HOM in BK area
	FIXED - Hellions not teleporting in?! (Vortale stream)

29:
	FIXED - Unaligned Support textures at upper tower looking from YK arena
	FIXED - Wooden step at wrong alignment in the left-side first setpiece
	ADDED - activate lift when player gets closer

30:
	ADDED - Add invunerability close to the Mother, to prevent barrel telefrag

31:
	FIXED - HOM again in buildin to BK
	FIXED - Fix barrel not blocking switch enough

MAYBE:
	- Coop changes?!
	- Change difficult name back to Valiant?

I'm loving this megawad. There are some things that make it really special for me
1- The maps themself. They are not so huge in size, but with an architecture really interesting to explore.
2- I love the separate episodes design.
3- I love the more tactical way to put enemies, instead a big wave of monsters appearing every time.
In the other hand, I'm always playing with my mod on, so i'm playing with some tweaks on monsters and textures. Here you can see WIP, but it works very well at the moment:

Edited by WARDUST

If needed I can do skill balance testing on all the skills, also playing to 100%. Will take awhile though, at least a month.

Playtesting: Done

Spoiler

Everything is a comment or maybe suggestion, do not really need to do anything. Some things I mention may have been intended, some stuff might not be worth changing/fixing. I did a long write up on what im actually doing here, in the bottom spoiler of this post: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2417909 

MAP01-MAP09 : Done. Using ozonia-2.31-RC3.wad.

MAP10-MAP32 : Done. Using ozonia-2.32-RC4.wad.

Skill Balance:

Spoiler

MAP01: Skills 2 and 3 cyberdemon.

Spoiler

I noticed all skill balancing on the map lowers monster count, instead of item boosts or combinations.

The cyberdemon could still be in skill 2 if there was an invulnerability sphere(maybe swap that first berserk) and maybe 100 more cells. Even a baron or two replacing the cyber seems reasonable, room was designed for a big fight.

Skill 3 cyberdemon was identical to skill 4, maybe had a little more ammo due to fewer monsters. Maybe a few extra cells for a quicker cyber fight.

MAP02: Skill 2 rough start.

Spoiler

Also a smooth and linear monster removal like MAP01. It works.

With no boosts though, -skill 2 gets a bit rough at the start. A bigger armor is an easy way to give player a couple extra hits. 

MAP03: Good

MAP04: Good

MAP05: Good. Still a consistent monster removal method, good choices of monsters too.

MAP06: Skill 2 bluekey trap

Spoiler

In skill 2 the blue key trap is actually noticeably harder. In skill 3 and 4 the arachnotrons slowly spawn in. But in skill 2, while there are fewer arachnotrons, they spawn in almost instantly together...while player semi-cornered.

I think the density of spiders in the closet made them spawn faster. Maybe group spiders tagged for skill 2 together in closet so they can get jammed up a little on each other as they teleport out. Looking in editor; it looks like there is one skill 2 spider per closet. Each closet goes to a different teleport, but with a line of spiders they cannot teleport out so fast. 

Maybe the four spiders for skill 2, should be in the same two closets. This forces them to not teleport all at once.

This also is not really that big of an issue and can easily be ignored, skill 2 will be fine with a tricky spot.

The rest of skill 2, 3 and 4 are balanced great. 

MAP07: Good

MAP08: Perfect

Spoiler

At first I thought I was in the wrong skill level in skill 3. Then did notice a few monsters missing. By the end of the map, I was still confused. Map did not feel easier somehow, but was. Same strategies were required, but not as hectic.

On skill 2, a bit more of the same feeling and I realized the map was perfectly balanced. I still had that "feeling" of the fight, the strategies were the same, but just a bit more relaxed.

MAP09: Skills 2 and 3

Spoiler

Skill 3 felt identical to skill 4. There is only one monster difference between skills. Meaning all the rooms play identically to skill 4 except one room.

Skill 2 felt ok for a skill 3. There was still only a 3 monster difference but they feel spread out, so more areas are toned down for better overall balance. Those monsters were also the new stronger ones, so just removing a few still made a decent difference.

MAP10: Good

MAP11: Good

MAP12: Late Chaingun

Spoiler

Skill 2 and 3 late chaingun.

Chaingunner only appears in skill 4. Skills 2 and 3 need to wait until they kill the chaingunner at berserk to get a chaingun. Also in Coop games having a weapon only obtainable by monster drop means only one player gets a chaingun that lasts until they die and then noone in map gets one. 

The coop balance might just be fine. But lower skills might want a placed chaingun near the skill 4 chaingunner at start. 

MAP13: Good

MAP14: Good

MAP15: Skill 2 Cyberdemon

Spoiler

Skill 2 and 3 cyberdemon fights are basically identical. Maybe swap soulsphere for mega in -skill 2. A few extra rockets to the face for a little difference to the fight.

MAP16: Skill 2 Mini Cyberpuzzle

Spoiler

I feel like -skill 2 can handle the that small cyberdemon puzzle at the start. Player is not actually fighting the cyberdemon, and a few rockets at the start of a map isnt that hard dodge. 

I think on top of adding cyberdemon to -skill 2, there should be a soul sphere in front of the teleporter. Player knows they have little ammo, no other way to go....but sees an accessible soulsphere. The balance is already good and -skill 2 player doesn't need a sphere but it will help persuade player to just rush at the cyberdemon. Player is then near the teleport and might as well keep going.

Maybe if adding soulsphere remove a few medikits or stims to rebalance the health.

Or maybe just leave the health, its skill 2, and maybe player does get a rocket to the face. 

MAP17: 

Spoiler

Skill 2 cannot MAX, spidermastermind stuck in closet. 

Skill 2 also balanced a bit differently. Maybe one less revenant and manc-ball flyer just before and after red key. 

Skill 3 had fewer monsters and the spider mastermind was noticeably less stun locked through the fight. A good swarm of monsters spawns at a similar time to the spider and infight pretty fast in -skill 4.

Skill 2 spider was stuck with arachnotrons in the closet. Instead of arachnotrons: I think maybe skill 2 could have a invulnerability sphere teleport in as the spider spawns. Similar to those items at the start that teleport in. Maybe even in same places, a cell pack too. Might be hard to approach items though, with so much less infighting. 

Removing spider entirely doesnt feel best, but getting skill 2 powerups in place might be tricky. Not sure if this even needs fixed beside jam in closet. Removing big spider seems intended.

MAP18: Good

MAP19: Spider Bosses

Spoiler

Quick Summary: Skill swap a soulsphere for blue armor in skill 3.

Usually areas like in this the wad tend to kill me more than once, but in skill 4 I managed to beat area twice without dying on first/second try. Mostly involved running around, causing easy infighting, and a bfg or two when monsters get dense. Skill 4 I still say is ok, interesting fight.

Skill 3 was a bit harder actually, a noticable less amount of spider/monster infighting. But fight still felt good. Replacing a soul sphere for a blue armor seems like a perfect boost to balance.

Skill 2 going for the "make them infight" strategy I felt was the most fun. I totally died. A simple two monster cat and mouse, and dodges to try to get them to infight. They easily die with so much cell ammo though, and spheres a good help too. 

MAP20: Skill 2

Spoiler

Skill 2 has already had a 1v1 cyberdemon/bfg fight. While map in Skill 3 and 4 were quite brutal and new setups.

The feel of this fight comes from multiple cyberdemons, but more than one does feel too much for skill 2. Unless, they were timed. 

The cyberdemons spawn in at a regular timed intervals I noticed. I think that mechanism can be made to allow just the first and very last cybderdemon to spawn in. That should give a skill 2 player enough time to kill one, at least mostly before fighting another. This forces skill 2 player to also be quick to avoid having both at once. 

MAP21: Good, late weapons.

Spoiler

Skill 2 and 3 get chainguns a bit late, due to missing chaingunner.

Skill 2 gets first shotgun in the secret. 

MAP22:

Spoiler

Skill 3 felt similar to skill 4. Only a few monster differences, half were in cyberdemon room. Not sure best way for a little more balance, maybe something chaingunner related. 

Cyberdemon fight felt pretty good.

Skill 2 main difference I noticed was the revenant swarm at blue key was nicely tapered, and a revenant near exit. Much of the rest of the map played very similarly to skill 3. I think cybderdemon fight might have been technically identical to skill 3.

Skill 4 played great!

MAP23: Good

MAP24: Good

MAP25: 

Spoiler

Skills 2 and 3 felt just a little bit too hard compared to skill 4.

Balance is very close though. Maybe a blue armor instead of green at the start for skill 2 and 3 is just enough. Monster balance is good.

MAP26: Skill 2 biosuit

Spoiler

An extra biosuit down here should be nice for skill 2 balance.

etrn506.png

MAP27: Skill 2

Spoiler

Skill 2 had fewer ammo dropping monsters, so ammo was a bit tight after the first room or two. A couple shells or clips should be fine. 

Skill 2 gameplay felt good, just quite low on armor. Especially right before or during red key fight. Maybe a blue or extra green armor or two. 

MAP28:

Spoiler

Skill 3 in main middle area, just after at the start of map. I noticed I ran out of ammo sooner than skill 4. Gameplay felt good, just not enough ammo. I poked around most thing items in an editor and noticed about 5 shotgunners are missing from skill 3. Meaning 20 less shells, as well.

A couple nicely placed 4-shell items to make up for missing shotgunners seems ok. 

Skill 2, also a bit low on shells in first/second area. Also health is a bit minimal, until player clears the middle area for access to medikits. Skill 2 might be nice with a stimpack or two outside near start, maybe near that shell box by SSG pillar. 

Skill 2 could use a green armor in or just after blue key pickup. 

Skill 2 replaces revenants with chaingunners near blue key. It seems to work good.

Screenshot_2022-05-20_08-01-41.png

MAP29:

Spoiler

Most balancing is done in the large encounters, a green armor up here would help with the snipers at the start.

etrn574.png

Maybe one less baron that spawns right in front of the switch, so player can turn around faster.

etrn575.png

The rest is balanced very nicely. 

MAP31:

Spoiler

In skill 3, the big starting/mid area was nicely balanced, but much of the rest of the map felt similar to skill 4. 

Skill 2 had a nicely balanced last boss room with the knights and archviles, but skill 2 was also a bit too hard compared to skill 3. 

Both skills are balanced pretty good but a bit too hard when compared to skill 4. 

MAP32: Good

Other Reports:

Spoiler

Wadspy Results:

Spoiler

Somewhat accurate wadspy. I mainly look at player starts/secrets and difficulty ratio.

https://www.geocities.ws/c/a/catodemos/playtesting/ozonia/ozlog.txt 

Unlisted maps with odd looking ratios will be checked out in-game. They might play perfectly fine. No secrets might not be an issue, I post about them anyway.

MAP01: Skill 3 has noticeable difficulty ratio skew because of cyberdemon. A few extra cells would smooth ratio, also in-game a few cells would be nice in skill 3. 

MAP11: No secrets

MAP17: Only map with deathmatch starts.

MAP20: No secrets

MAP30: No secrets

MAP31: 3 Coop starts.

Random observations:

Spoiler

Just taking notes here. Odd ratios may play perfectly in-game. Everything will get fully playtested to figure out what the ratios mean or how they play. Some dehacked monsters may not be listed and skew numbers more. 

Wadspy is inaccurate, just making a list. 

MAP01 Skill 3/4 almost identical.  0.263 0.600 0.678

MAP09: Very narrow range.           0.464 0.485 0.495

MAP11: Skill 2/3 seems a bit easy 0.164 0.274 0.439

MAP20: Huge range, couple cybers on a small map. 0.238 0.714 0.952

MAP21 has huge ratio difference. 0.324 0.665 0.896

MAP24 has flawless curve.            0.300 0.401 0.505

Missing Textures console warning:

Spoiler

etrn115.png

MAP01:

Spoiler

MAP01: Room of 4 staircases has one odd step.

etrn116.png

MAP02:

Spoiler

Minor Visuals:

Bars on grate uneven on sides. 

doom42.png

Another set of bars.

doom44.png

These bars came out perfectly centered:

doom46.png

This brick needs un/pegged or aligned.

doom45.png

Edge bricks

doom47.png

etrn119.png

Open Sector Maybe:

In Eternity:

etrn123.png

In dsda-doom, different angle:

doom48.png

MAP03: 

Spoiler

etrn128.png

etrn130.png

etrn131.png

Missing Texture in Voodoo closet.

etrn133.png

etrn137.png

MAP03: Softlock without infinite heights.

Can just move lamp slightly closer to corner, so a player standing on it wont fall between it and wall. Or add impassible lines to fake infinite z-height around it. 

etrn139.png

Grate Texture offset leaves 1 pixel bar.

etrn141.png

Woof has lots of patch issues.

Spoiler

I noticed some maps are not in order. I wonder what build system is used for the wad. doomtools or deutex automatically sort maps and fix odd texture issues.

https://www.geocities.ws/c/a/catodemos/playtesting/ozonia/wlog1.txt

MAP04:

Spoiler

This midtexture bleeds into the floor. What is really weird is just the part that bleeds into floor also randomly flickers. The midtexture looks good, then flickers by extending that texture into a bleed briefly. The flicker is the same pattern as classic doom random light flicker. I think it might be related to some boom transfers linked to flickering lights.

Edit: checked out in editor. Apparently if a midtexture is too tall, the bleed will inherit effects from sector behind it, making it blink. 

Screenshot is Eternity, odamex, and dsda-doom also acts identically. 

etrn150.png

This fake slime trail also randomly flickers, but just the bottom bar. Bars appear to be much darker light. Trail itself is also weird, it is not real slime trail but kind of looks like it. 

Edit: Checked out in editor. No idea, looks fine in editor. Maybe moving a few vertexes around and back and rebuilding nodes might fix this. Or adding a vertex or two to see what happens. 

Screenshot is Eternity. This affects woof too. This does not affect dsda-doom at all. 

etrn181.png

Archvile Jump through bars

I really like this jump. Lots of risk for a decent reward for speedrunners. But there are bars in the way. None of the bars in this area are impassible, but archvile makes that a factor. Speed runners can quickly grab blue key and archvile jump to middle ledge, then run directly on to that lift to leave. No need to wait for lifts or run around. 

Bars just being bars should be impassible, maybe can leave in this instance to preserve the visuals. Much like some secrets have a walkthrough solid wall. 

I still think just removing bars from the middle area and making the other bars impassible is more consistent visually and physically(not passing through bars). Maybe split the bars with small columns or poles on the edge, so that it leaves an opening in the middle for a smaller target to archvile jump through. Looks natural, all bars are impassible, not entirely removed, and there is still a gap for jumpers. 

etrn144.png

Brick Alignment

etrn145.png

MAP05:

Spoiler

Head bonking lift on multi-sector lifts can make wall of HOM. 

etrn146.png

Same lift bonk, but with shuffled floor lamps. Confirmed to happen in Eternity and Woof cl21. 

etrn149.png

This chaingunner just gets massacred in his hole. A deeper hole maybe?

doom52.png

Minor Visuals:

etrn152.png

etrn153.png

etrn154.png

MAP06:

Spoiler

Minor Visuals:

etrn158.png

etrn161.png

etrn157.png

etrn159.png

etrn165.png

etrn166.png

etrn168.png

etrn169.png

etrn170.png

etrn171.png

etrn172.png

Little area is slightly tricky to get in, but has missing texture.

etrn162.png

Most of the mini-boss monsters came out awhile ago, this one I needed to get much closer to trigger him to start attacking. Edit: A later run they came out, maybe it was complevel related? Probably not an issue.

etrn163.png

MAP07:

Spoiler

With the exit stairs up, this one seems not too hard to accidentally get in.

etrn177.png

This one looks possible, but heights are just out of reach for vanilla/boom players. Coop players messing around or jumping off a caco in certain ports can wind up in there, maybe. 

etrn178.png

More Seg Trails?

Not sure what is causing so many trails. I wonder what nodebuilder is used.

etrn173.png

etrn174.png

Minor Visuals

etrn176.png

etrn179.png

A few more bars for a slight adjusting.

doom55.png

This one single texture is different from entire area.

Screenshot_20220211-194738.png

etrn180.png

etrn182.png

MAP08:

Spoiler

Minor Visuals

etrn185.png

etrn188.png

etrn190.png

I have noticed around some odd spots on various ceilings in other maps too, very very minor and only noticeable if someone is actually looking for it. I have not checked maps for boom light transfers, but may help the lighting if odd spots are showing up on ceilings. 

etrn186.png

MAP09:

Spoiler

Sequence Break:

11 second -nomonsters speedrun. Just SR-50 around the color skull wall.

https://www.geocities.ws/c/a/catodemos/playtesting/ozonia/demos/ozonia-2.31-RC3-map09-skill4-nomo100s-cl21-cato.lmp

Minor Visuals:

etrn187.png

etrn191.png

etrn192.png

etrn194.png

etrn193.png

Under red key door. Sides of this lift maybe need an extra vertex and stretched or squashed support texture.

Also wall behind the lift seems missing a support.

woofdoom01.png

Two layer pillar slightly lower should line up all the textures.

etrn197.png

MAP10:

Spoiler

Archvile Jump Sequence Break

For all the times I died badly in my FDAs, I managed a pacifist run in a minute(a dozen tas reloads). 

I still havent even beaten map properly yet, but I think player in that archvile position should have a key or two by then. The one door leading to area is locked by a blue key. Could "lock" that switch that raises exit lift using key colors player should have already.

Though this is definitely a sequence break, I like it as a speed running trick. Whole wad runs are long, heh.

https://www.geocities.ws/c/a/catodemos/playtesting/ozonia/demos/ozonia-2.32-RC4-map10-skill4-speed-tas12-cl9-cato-00002.lmp

Not Damaging Floor?

Right inside the secret the player is given a biosuit, then finds a one-way jumpable window onto a surface that is animated and glowing. The floor very clearly looks damaging and player is just given a suit. I guess I was sight-seeing out there and my biosuit ran out, but I didnt lose health on the floor. After some thought, the only place in map that has a damaging floor is right around the spider area and there is no real reason player needs a suit. 

m10glowfloor.png

Caco Herding

The entire big spider area is surrounded by block monster flags except right by exit lift. Not sure if cacos were intended to roam in just this one spot.

woofadoom01.png

Archvile Softlock

etrn200.png

Minor Visuals

Thin bar, one on other side too(I think).

woofadoom03.png

Half a support, one on other side too.

woofadoom06.png

In the spirit of posting everything: here is 1 pixel off on the ceiling. 

etrn198.png

etrn201.png

etrn202.png

etrn203.png

etrn204.png

MAP11:

Spoiler

Minor Visuals

etrn208.png

etrn210.png

Almost all out of out bounds texturing is good, so I will assume these are unintentional. 

etrn211.png

etrn219.png

I debated even reporting the beam, can only see it with freelook and liteamps. But managed a seg bleed in same screenshot. 

etrn212.png

This really looks fine, unless you use lite-amps. The darkness hides a lot.

etrn217.png

etrn209.png

Can see a teleport on floor is lined up. Not sure if worth fixing ceiling. May need all those pillars moved to line up the flats. Might be easier to not move map geometry, but just make a new flat that is offset.

etrn214.png

MAP12:

Spoiler

Archvile softlocks everywhere.

Much of the edging around play area is passible. Many different ways to wind up down there with that archvile. It looked so nice down here I kept wandering around in case there was a teleport back. 

This place is really cool and looks awesome from down here. Just need to add a teleport so player can get back. Maybe I missed a path back?

etrn227.png

This softlock near start is super contrived. Player needs to lure that same archvile into starting area, then align a jump out of that window. This is not an easy archvile jump setup and player will only intentionally end up in there. 

The other window in area only archvile jumps player through some passible fencing, back into usual game area. 

etrn229.png

Minor Visuals

etrn224.png

etrn226.png

This ceiling thing has 3 panels a section with thick edges, looks very cool. But one panel is offset so its smaller panels and no thick edge. 

etrn220.png

This map just looks awesome.

etrn222.png

etrn234.png

etrn235.png

etrn236.png

etrn237.png

etrn238.png

etrn239.png

etrn240.png

etrn233.png

MAP13:

Spoiler

Minor Visuals

etrn242.png

etrn241.png

These 3 textures are just a little off. Area on other side of room has same texturing, but does align because opening is slightly shorter. Inside both areas everything is nicely aligned. A lot of work for minimal effect. There are lots of quick and acceptable options too. 

etrn245.png

Similar area's inside ceiling lines up three bricks tall.

etrn253.png

etrn247.png

etrn248.png

etrn250.png

etrn251.png

MAP14:

Spoiler

This can be jumped easily in Eternity. There are nearby archviles, but player is trapped in room with them but can leave them alive. Maybe removing impassible line and make this ledge non-damaging would be consistent with water being damaging and floors not. 

etrn256.png

Very unlikely but technically possible softlocks, requires two archvile jumps into a very small hole. 

etrn259.png

Minor Sequence Break

This is a pretty easy jump when a port is using non-infinite height.

In -complevel 9, the jump needs to go to small lower ledge and line up a perfect angle. 

Not sure worth fixing. Seems like it may be a nice speedrunner challenge.

etrn260.png

Minor Visuals

etrn258.png

etrn257.png

etrn263.png

etrn264.png

etrn265.png

etrn266.png

etrn267.png

etrn268.png

Endoom missing, DEMO1-3 sync. 

Spoiler

Endoom not really needed. 

Just a reminder to watch in-game demo loop before final release.

MAP15:

Spoiler

SR-50 window softlocks

I noticed several softlock-able areas, but map has no archviles.

These windows I think can all be SR-50'd into this circle. Window closest to top is easiest to sr-50 jump. 

etrn271.png

Hidden secret kinda

I have probably ran over this sector 10 times, once it did not trigger as secret though. It didnt trigger on my last run, but I was entirely aware that I was suppose to get a secret there so I went back to find it. The sector tagged as secret is entirely blended in, so player needs to dance around general area to activate it if it didnt first time. If new player misses the trigger and refuses to cheat, they will get stuck looking for a secret that may have already have been found. When I am desperate for secrets I almost entirely run along the walls, this secret square being in the middle makes it even harder to find.

Maybe a light gradient in secret square.

Can also make it very obviously a platform with a new flat and +lip linedef, so when it lowers it stays a little above floor. 

etrn279.png

Minor Visuals

Another identical building on other side of map also missing same tex.

etrn273.png

etrn275.png

etrn281.png

etrn287.png

etrn289.png

Large Mistexture/theme, out of bounds.

This is mainly noticeable out-of-bounds. Inconsistent platform style on other side. Seems to inherit texturing from higher adjacent platform, instead of itself. A bit trickier fix as it needs adding some sectors. It this is even worth fixing, it looks good either way.

The texturing under fence in screenshot flows nicely around many edges of much larger area.

etrn283.png

Opposite side of same platform has entirely different theme. Theme under fence should match other side of platform, and not high neighbor. 

etrn284.png

etrn291.png

etrn292.png

etrn293.png

MAP16:

Spoiler

There is one more non-impassible fence in same room on other side.

etrn295.png

Minor Visuals:

etrn297.png

etrn298.png

I think throne room area has much more out-of-bounds misalignments than other areas. 

etrn301.png

etrn302.png

etrn304.png

etrn305.png

All these see-through overhang floors might need pegging or something. I also notice some overhangs change too depending on whether map is opened or not. Not sure, maybe extra sector layer for texturing? Several of these can be seen from normal player position, might need freelook though. 

etrn306.png

Symmetrical room, but one side has squished texturing. In same room there is another mirror-area with similar offsets.

etrn299.png

etrn300.png

etrn308.png

MAP17:

Spoiler

Skill 2 Max Impossible:

etrn325.png

Revenant Oddity

In skill 4 more monsters block the path when they spawn in, so revenant often gets stuck standing on teleport. Skill 2 and 3 might be considered slightly harder just because their revenant has less smaller monsters in the way and can charge player, skill balance in area is fine though. 

Maybe dont block teleport on other side, maybe monsters were gathering in odd places? Seems like those linedefs around teleport block monster, so revenant blocked teleport and was also trapped.

etrn319.png

I will totally let this slide. It is not an item for 100% stats. Just forgot to grab it sooner heh.

etrn322.png

Minor Visuals:

etrn309.png

etrn311.png

etrn312.png

etrn313.png

Exit signs stick out, but the tops blend in.

etrn314.png

etrn315.png

etrn316.png

Just under fence,

etrn317.png

MAP18:

Spoiler

I know several ports dont allow jumping at all, and some need gamefiles to disable jumping, but there are a lot of ports out there. 

Quick jump. Was thinking of teleport in middle, like the awesome cloud areas. But this softlock is only accessible by a few windows in one area. Maybe just make the windows impassible. 

More than one window, all in same building.

etrn335.png

etrn336.png

So manual player jumping has window softlocks and the archvile just happens to be trapped enough to not be a factor at all. Trying to lure out the archvile for jumping, managed to trap him on this teleport. Being fastest monster, archvile will probably the monster trapped most from that secret.

Much like a previous map where a revenant kept getting telefragged, this archvile can also get trapped on teleport. 

etrn332.png

Minor Visuals

This one is weird and very thin, but follows player around for a good area. 

etrn329.png

etrn331.png

Player skips a monster and a few items, saves a few seconds. No big deal.

etrn333.png

Even some flat fence areas. 

etrn334.png

This one looks good if intended to look like fence is broken.

etrn337.png

etrn338.png

etrn339.png

etrn341.png

etrn342.png

etrn343.png

etrn344.png

etrn345.png

MAP19: 

Spoiler

Already halfway through map and found a few different archviles and separate window jumps. Map may be a good candidate for putting a teleport in the void instead of blocking all the jumps. Impassible windows also a good method too, unless I missed flying monsters.

etrn350.png

Actually there are 3 windows in this wall, two can SR-50 out of also.

etrn351.png

etrn365.png

etrn353.png

Sequence Break: 

Can use one archvile twice, also that wall opens up for easier jumping.

etrn363.png

I found the teleporter out of the void! Except it is completely inaccessible. 

etrn372.png

Minor Visuals:

etrn354.png

etrn356.png

etrn358.png

etrn359.png

etrn361.png

etrn362.png

etrn367.png

etrn369.png

etrn376.png

etrn379.png

etrn380.png

etrn381.png

Pixel-off details:

Spoiler

(editing)

More than a few reports involve textures and/or geometry that is a pixel or two off. I started noticing many of involved areas were backsides or double-sided linedefs and generally facing a void or area player should not be. The fence texture itself needs somewhat precise alignment or easily looks jagged but now has extra vertexes just to align the non-visible side. 

Some textures just do not quite fit if the walls are angled. These can look odd and off by just a column of pixels. These can be enormously frustrating to fix. May need to slightly move a vertex to see if the length difference adds/removes a column of pixels. The custom trim textures look very nice, but are demanding on alignment. 

MAP20:

Spoiler

Skill 4 Cybers stuck on ledge.

Normally not an issue at all, but map has 4 monsters. Using bfg can easily just get a cyber stuck. Maybe the higher platforms can have a ring of block monster lines, keeping the cybers from ever leaving the top and/or getting stuck.

Actually area is substantially rougher than other maps' skill 4's, maybe a little cheese is ok.

Softlock

etrn394.png

Both disabled exits are missing a few impassible lines. 

etrn400.png

Cannot backtrack for 100%

A couple spheres and bonuses in cyber area can get missed and player blocked from 100% stats. This has been the first map so far that blocks 100%. 

Minor Visuals

etrn396.png

etrn397.png

etrn398.png

etrn399.png

etrn401.png

Similar alignments

Other similar maps have similar alignment issues. At least they are pretty quick looking.

MAP21: 

Spoiler

etrn408.png

Minor Visuals

etrn404.png

etrn405.png

etrn407.png

etrn410.png

etrn411.png

etrn412.png

MAP22:

Spoiler

Minor Visuals:

etrn413.png

etrn416.png

One is a missing texture, and other is weird error EE gives part-way through map related to missing texture. Google "BAADF00D" its interesting heh.

Fixing missing texture should clear up other error, I have seen this before on another map. Both maps spawned with missing texture and eventually BAADF00D shows up.

etrn419.png

etrn422.png

etrn423.png

etrn424.png

etrn425.png

etrn426.png

Since this is a shortcut and not a softlock and only applies to a few ports, maybe just leave this as is. 

etrn428.png

etrn429.png

Most areas with bars need a little adjustment.

etrn430.png

MAP23:

Spoiler

There are quite a few archviles and many gaps, but I do not think there is much significant advantage to them. They spawn in certain spots and have limited travel. Might be possible to lure one to the exit, but seems faster to just grab the last key(Someone will totally find a super fast archvile/vanilla rj related exit).

etrn435.png

Definitely best to just ignore jump shortcuts.

etrn437.png

This one can block exit, forcing jump players to get keys. Maybe just impassible and no bars, so everyone can still see in clearly. 

etrn448.png

I thought of another idea for these softlocks: Have a wall be a raise/lower lift switch so it pushes player up.

etrn449.png

Minor Visuals:

etrn434.png

etrn438.png

etrn439.png

etrn440.png

etrn442.png

etrn443.png

A small support texture in corner would make bricks fit better. 

etrn445.png

etrn446.png

etrn447.png

MAP24:

Spoiler

There is also a health bonus at the bottom of the first set of stairs. Player just running forward will easily run over it without collecting, and then run off big steps making 100% impossible.

etrn453.png

I tried more than a few times to SR-50 out this. It feels possible to SR-50 and its a port-jump window anyway. The lava down there is also not damaging, so a softlock.

etrn469.png

Minor Visuals

Behind fence and bridge, lined up with gun.

etrn454.png

etrn456.png

Actually just these style buildings in same room:

etrn457.png

etrn451.png

There are very many bricks in map. Lining them up can be rough since the bricks are not uniform, and sometimes lining up might not even work without changing geometry. Not sure how worth it is it to fix, if quick pegging combos do not magically do it.

etrn459.png

etrn460.png

etrn462.png

etrn464.png

I think I counted 3 pixels off. The backside is perfectly aligned.

etrn468.png

etrn470.png

etrn472.png

etrn473.png

etrn474.png

etrn475.png

Can get away with not fixing. Maybe move switch just close enough to punch? Or add an ammo clip nearby, or a clip at the exit. 

etrn476.png

etrn477.png

MAP25:

Spoiler

Very Optional:

Area looks really cool, but can barely glimpse it from the starting room. There are two windows that line up near perfectly with a room inside. Room inside is also square hall. Spice up that hall by opening up the windows, show off lava foundtain. I dont think it will affect gameplay, if impassible and sound blocking. 

etrn485.png

I have never intentionally needed to hit this switch, it was always already shot trying to kill the manc. Maybe skill 2 can have an imp right in front of switch(block monster lines), so player can still get blind lucky shots at the switch.

Actually fighting manc at a distance, triggered the trap sooner. Without the manc, player can casually walk deeper into trap, before it opens.

etrn483.png

Similar hole other side of room.

etrn493.png

I restarted my entire -nomonsters over to double check this. Player can go into bluekey room, without lowering platform it is on. Impassible window?

etrn496.png

etrn501.png

Minor Visuals:

etrn479.png

etrn480.png

etrn482.png

etrn484.png

etrn487.png

etrn488.png

etrn489.png

etrn492.png

etrn491.png

etrn494.png

etrn495.png

etrn497.png

etrn499.png

etrn500.png

MAP26:

Spoiler

A little shortcut never hurt. I dont think this breaks anything, besides route

etrn504.png

Minor Visuals

etrn505.png

Bright squares strobe pretty hard and shadow contrasts a bit. They do go away when pillars raise though.

etrn503.png

etrn517.png

etrn516.png

etrn515.png

etrn514.png

etrn512.png

etrn511.png

MAP27:

Spoiler

Seems like a pretty big shortcut. 

etrn518.png

Archvile jump to exit door.

etrn532.png

Minor Visuals:

etrn524.png

etrn525.png

etrn527.png

etrn528.png

etrn529.png

Very cool wrap around texture

etrn523.png

etrn530.png

etrn531.png

MAP28:

Spoiler

100% Item

This item is pretty far out of the way. It is a nice puzzle for 100% players, but being surrounded by a damaging floor and cannot backtrack without damage might make this an issue.  I learned early in the map that testing most ledges meant death, so refrained from too much edge exploring. Item is carefully placed to require a player to run full speed towards semi-blind ledges(no obvious reward or route). That type of exploring, expecting to take damage from floors is forced to be limited when casually playing.

Maybe a medikit nearby, so player finally finding 100% wont have 5% HP and be trapped. 

Maybe better is one of those void teleports, but very near by item. So player can easily avoid damage going back to map, and teleport in void is completely consistent. 

Or just tiny hidden steps to go back.

It does seem like a cool needless mission speed runners dont even bother with. I totally put 100% item missions in my maps.

etrn536.png

Did not even attempt this one, but a triple or maybe a lucky double jump seems possible.

etrn537.png

Minor Visual

These colors and lines are so close they kind of blend together for a fake HOM optical illusion, especially when running. 

etrn534.png

etrn538.png

etrn539.png

etrn540.png

MAP29:

Spoiler

Another cool spot to look around the map, no teleporter to get back though. 

etrn543.png

Super Secret Secret

This arrow is barely visible even with freelook and this is the most visible position. This secret seems way too hidden compared to pretty much all the others in wad so far. I must have picked up the items, and missed the arrow. Once items are gone, secret is near impossible to find. 

The items in secret are also in a large stack, not sure I remember any other item stacks in entire wad. 

A maybe good and easy fix, just make that arrow visible on automap. Maybe somehow only visible after picking up the map item. 

etrn546.png

This damaging sector hurts a lot. The teleporters can easily be pretty far and slightly hidden for a desperate player. Right at the exit too, with no more fights required. Maybe an extra teleporter or two in various places around room. Or just less damaging floor. 

etrn550.png

Not sure archviles are around, maybe there is a teleport in here for monsters. Bars block cacos anyway.

etrn585.png

Hide Caco-Closet

This Caco-closet shows up as an unexplored room when I get map item. The "door" can be activated by player standing way under it. Maybe keep door open flag, and/or hide lines from automap. Also dont let player open from outside.

etrn551.png

etrn592.png

lol

Spoiler

etrn552.png

Minor Visuals

etrn541.png

etrn542.png

etrn544.png

etrn567.png

etrn570.png

etrn572.png

etrn578.png

etrn579.png

etrn580.png

etrn582.png

etrn583.png

etrn584.png

etrn586.png

etrn587.png

etrn593.png

etrn594.png

etrn595.png

etrn595.png

etrn597.png

etrn598.png

etrn599.png

Out of bounds

etrn600.png

etrn601.png

Probably fine.

etrn602.png

etrn603.png

MAP30:

Spoiler

etrn604.png

etrn605.png

etrn606.png

etrn607.png

etrn608.png

etrn609.png

etrn610.png

etrn611.png

MAP31:

Spoiler

Secret exit has two routes. The shortcut is easy to find and skips quite a lot. I guess is fine.

etrn620.png

Also that blue doorframe is offset. 

etrn613.png

etrn623.png

etrn616.png

etrn615.png

etrn624.png

etrn625.png

etrn626.png

etrn627.png

etrn633.png

etrn639.png

etrn644.png

etrn647.png

This brown texture in this entire area seems affected. Many sidedefs of the same texture are 8 or 16 units off.

etrn635.png

etrn634.png

This texture also in much of this area.

etrn632.png

MAP32:

Spoiler

etrn653.png

etrn657.png

etrn658.png

etrn659.png

etrn660.png

etrn662.png

etrn663.png

Demos:

Spoiler

Demos are recorded and labelled in Eternity, Woof for cl21, and dsda-doom for cl9. 

All runs are max, fda, or -nomonster 100% secrets.

max runs are 100% monsters/items/secrets. 

fda demos are first time I play map. I will probably die a few times and fda demos probably wont even have exits. 

tas# demos are just to help make all these demos much faster. tas demos will be labelled with a number, meaning how many times I loaded a save state. 

https://www.geocities.ws/catodemos/playtesting/ozonia/demos/

Edited by Catoptromancy

5 hours ago, WARDUST said:

I'm loving this megawad. There are some things that make it really special for me
1- The maps themself. They are not so huge in size, but with an architecture really interesting to explore.
2- I love the separate episodes design.
3- I love the more tactical way to put enemies, instead a big wave of monsters appearing every time.
In the other hand, I'm always playing with my mod on, so i'm playing with some tweaks on monsters and textures. Here you can see WIP, but it works very well at the moment:

Holy hell! That looks completely different lmao

Nice job with all the texture changes and enemy replacements! D:

It feels a lot closer to SW indeed

4 hours ago, Catoptromancy said:

If needed I can do skill balance testing on all the skills, also playing to 100%. Will take awhile though, at least a month.

That would be awesome, although it is a lot of work!

On 1/7/2022 at 11:58 AM, Deadwing said:

If you feel there are any improvements I can do to make the coop experience better, tell me!

The wad works pretty well in coop. We encountered a few minor issues, I'll make a post later after we also play the second half of the wad. Speaking of which...

TNS session starts 7 hours from the time of this reply and as usually, the expected time it will be fairly active is 4+ hours.

Very cool maps, already up to map04. All playtesting reports are edited into my first post. Seems like an easy to read and organize format. Also doing demos but not being very strict about them though, some might be missing or some will be labelled tas. I am playing on 3 different ports, specifically ones not already listed as tested on. Each map will be played on each port at least once, while going through the skill levels. 

Hey there, I didn't forget... just took my time.

MAP02

- floating health bonus (thing 177)

MAP05
    - Admittedly, this is pretty obvious once you find it but what made me and a few other players feel lost for a while was the switch (line 1026) as the way to get out of the area with the blue door. I think it's the fact that the area is relatively big and that the lift lowered by the switch doesn't have a lift texture that conspire to make this somewhat confusing. Somehow that obvious flashing light is easy to miss if you're not looking for it.
MAP09
    - the tag 9 bars (sectors 285 and 286) block progression in coop if players die inside that area
MAP13
    - there's this strange protruding texture that's visible with freelook
MAP14
    - the secret with the blue armor (sector 502) is a bit problematic for coop - there's no obvious way to get to safety through the damaging floor from there so a low hp player might prefer to just stay there and possibly go AFK which can result in a locked map if they're then the last one alive
MAP16
    - perhaps intentional but "embassador" is an archaic spelling
MAP29
    - the slowly lowering lift (sector 422) with an archvile can be an annoyance in online multiplayer since only 3 players can fit in at once
MAP30
    - I guess the second sentence here is missing a dot :P
MAP31
    - two player 3 starts, no player 4 starts
    - another "hidden in plain sight" scenario similar to MAP05 - straferunning into sector 348 seems to be the only way out of that area of the map but it took me some while to notice that, probably because I was instead focusing on how to go down the lifts I used to get up there

There are quite a few slime trails and bad seg angle errors in various maps if using software rendering. Can be pretty finicky to quickly get the position needed for a screenshot so I didn't get them all but this should include the majority of the obvious ones, at least:
map04
map10: 1 2
map12
map13
map18
map31
- the UMAPINFO makes it so the "next map" key in PrBoom+/DSDA-Doom will go to MAP01 if you press it in MAP11 or MAP20
- similarly, it's somewhat inconvenient that next map key won't work in the same maps in ZDoom-based ports
- the candle in the blue evil eye visibly shifts during the animation (CEYEA0, CEYEB0 and CEYEC0 sprites)
- the PP_START lump should be moved after the text lumps (this messes with some utilities, at least)

Dear guys, I have problem in the 27th map (Rapido)

I jumped into outdoor area without activating the switch which reveals a lot of cacodemons and the lift. I´m stuck now as you can see on the picture. It´s a bug or I´m doing something bad?  Playing RC 2 version with GZ Doom  4.70. 

Thank you for your reply.

Screenshot_Doom_20220122_121649.png

25 minutes ago, leebigh said:

Dear guys, I have problem in the 27th map (Rapido)

I jumped into outdoor area without activating the switch which reveals a lot of cacodemons and the lift. I´m stuck now as you can see on the picture. It´s a bug or I´m doing something bad?  Playing RC 2 version with GZ Doom  4.70. 

Thank you for your reply.

Screenshot_Doom_20220122_121649.png

Oh shit! I think that's a softlock >.<

You'll have to idclip either to the Caco's switch platform or outside of the blue bars to be able to progress. This will be fixed in RC4, I'm sorry it happened to you...

@Keyboard_Doomer that's fantastic! I'll fix the issues you have found!

Thank you Deadwing :-) I have my progress saved, so I could to continue without cheats.

I´m glad I helped fix this bug :-)

I've just finished my first UV-max playthrough of Ozonia, using saves and within a span of 10~15 days, and I have to say it is amazing.

Barring any surprises this is a very strong candidate to winning a Cacowards this is year. 

264688368_OzoniaUV-max.png.d026d02c2c9e0cd70dd563cb9ea6f34c.png

I decided to list what I believe are the strong and weak points of this WAD bellow.

(My experience is with the Deluxe pack and I played using PrBoom+ 2.5.1.4)

TL;DR - Is very good and you should play, even with the small issues I have with it. 

Strong points

- OST: I often say to my sister that, a doom map is 60% music for me, and with a soundtrack this incredible is no surprise I've enjoyed playing this so much. There some songs that are repeated thought out, but they still fit their levels like a glove, adding great atmosphere and mystic through this adventure.

-Storytelling: An elegant solution to work around Doom  limitations, even though the lore of the Moonblood series is more present here than others wads (I didn't play the other moonblood series, so I don't know how it works there) it's never forced onto you, is there for anyone who wants it, and for those who don't want it they can just pass by. Personally I liked it a lot, even though I didn't understand most of it, I think I'll have to play it again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-Bugs: I have a hard time remembering if I found any bug at all during my playthrough, so this is incredible polished

- Aesthetics: During this Wad you visit many different places, and see many different sights, all of them seem to be expertly crafted and boasting an identity of their own, wich does a lot to sell the plot that you're jumping across very dimmensions.

-Difficulty and difficulty curve: (I'm reviewing this through the perspective of a single segment run)

l-> For the most part I say it's okay, not that easy, not that hard, save a few minor spikes in difficulty, rarely you'll be ill equipped to handle any situation but sometimes the game can catch you be surprise in your first run, but after that you should be all right. 

Weak Points:

- Although the wad is very accessible and difficulty curve goes up rather smoothly, there are two maps that goes against this statement, witch are map 32 (penitência) and map 29 (Mecanismo). Those two are a huge difficulty spike, both ended up slowing down my progress significantly and I had to take a break for a few days before heading back to finish Ozonia. I recommend saving scumming on first runs to avoid any frustration.

- In the latter half as the maps goes bigger and more complex, it's easier to get lost and running around for a few minutes before realizing what you need to do, in some cases I've even need to use cheat, using IDDT.

That's fantástic, @PC2mill! Thanks a lot for the feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed It :D

Do you remember some of the situations that you got really lost? Hopefully I might be able to make these parts easier to find out what to do

@Deadwing

Off top of my head I can say for sure that maps 26(pluto cidade) and 29(Mecanismo) were the ones I had most trouble with navigation.

I also remeber wondering around a bit on map 31(Rooftops), but I don't think I was necessary lost.

(by the way in the map 26 I also got stuck searching were the red key was)

(Doing a rapid double check)

Map 13(Observatory) I lost a stupid amount of time trying to figure out how to lower the read key, witch surprises me, since the path seems pretty obvious.

But if I were to suggest any changes, on the teleporter that give you access to the red key, I would swap the blue torches for red ones and if this isn't possible make a little red pillar in it's place.  

2029913812_Oziniamap13redkey.png.de83814364a35d2be46d53c9bb6f4938.png

Map 18 (torres), it seems the every time I need to teleport around I get lost.

Lastly I'll say to take this criticism with a grain of salt, since I get lost easily.

Edited by PC2mill