Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deadwing

Ozonia Boom Megawad - on /idgames!

Thanks a lot, guys!

@PC2mill, for map 26: For the next RC, I'll make finding the red key easier to get, not sure if that was the moment you had trouble, though! D:

In Map 29, I feel that some players struggle taking notice that exists two branches to find the keys, also the lift in the blood pool area. For the lifts, I will make them lower when the player gets closer to them, which should help in that aspect.

Map 13 is a lot complicated one >.< A lot of players took more time than I wanted to figure out that teleport. I think I'll teleport some monsters in when both switches are pressed, that way, the way to the teleport will be easier to spot. (and also change the torches to red ones)

In map 18, these teleportes will have a key-column indicator close to them, so you'll know beforehand which area you will be going.

@Keyboard_Doomer, the first one seems to be a nodebuilder error. I'll fix both bugs, thanks a lot :D

I finally had time to play through this. There wasn't a single map, that I disliked. They were all fun to play with just perfect length. Distinctive looks and unique ost themselves makes this a memorable wad, and on top of that you got a good map design and monster placement. Even the lore itself is quite well written for a Doom wad. Instant classic, cacoward material.

I found the wad to be a quite balanced on both HMP and UV. UV was easier than with most modern wads, but I don't see this needing any changes as this is more of an adventurous journey than a brutal challenge wad. Two new monsters blended in well with the rest of the cast, not irritating, not too much hp and fun to fight.

Finished! I must to say i enjoyed a lot! it's really curious the pinky absence, as with the backpack, making you look at your ammount of ammo constantly (a balance and mechanich i really appreciate, as something fresh and diferent) You make me laugh when finaly i see the backpack ending the third episode LOL.

Perhaps the final has a dificult really diferent from the rest of the wad (with a big ammount of enemies, not the same style from the beginning) but it's not a problem at all, nice battle for an epic ending.

Another thing a bit confusing is when there's no ground, but you can move over the space (like in the Abyss, first map on the third episode) don't know if it's intended or just some thing happening due my mod over.

Finally, in the last map, i had a Terrible dejavú with a lunar map in Duke Nukem3D, only missing a bunch of exploding kamikaze drones xD

Conclusion: The wad is absolutelly compatible with my total conversion, from the beginning to the end, so, i supose it can work properly with other modifications. Really a good work, Amazing design on the levels, becoming one of my fabourite wads... Bravo!

Thanks a lot for the kind words, @Hypercube and @WARDUST!

Hypercube, I'm glad the wad didn't feel that much hard and that the new bestiary wasn't too annoying >.<

Wardust, the backpack absence was definitely on purpurse, as I didn't want the players to carry way too much ammo from one map to another haha It's also useful to force players to move around in large scale battles and replenish their BFG or RL. It was necessary in the final setpiece of map 29, though, or there would be no easier way to handle that final fight! haha Regarding the pinky, you can find some scattered around the wad, I guess lol, It's not an enemy that I think much about using them (they're usually harmless in incidental fights), but there's definitely space to create setups with them in a future wad so I'll keep that in mind :D The movement on space, at least on map 21 is indeed on purpose!

2 hours ago, Deadwing said:

Thanks a lot for the kind words, @Hypercube and @WARDUST!

Hypercube, I'm glad the wad didn't feel that much hard and that the new bestiary wasn't too annoying >.<

Wardust, the backpack absence was definitely on purpurse, as I didn't want the players to carry way too much ammo from one map to another haha It's also useful to force players to move around in large scale battles and replenish their BFG or RL. It was necessary in the final setpiece of map 29, though, or there would be no easier way to handle that final fight! haha Regarding the pinky, you can find some scattered around the wad, I guess lol, It's not an enemy that I think much about using them (they're usually harmless in incidental fights), but there's definitely space to create setups with them in a future wad so I'll keep that in mind :D The movement on space, at least on map 21 is indeed on purpose!

Yes, the backpack missing also force the player switching weapons, thing really interesting, that contrast with mostly all the wads. It,s a big possitive point for Ozonia (perhaps i should prefer more bullet presence instead of missils, but well, this is another difference making this wad special)

Same with pinkys, it,s just a diference. Ozonia focus more the fight in arachnotrons and revenants than other wads. It,s interesting and another personality point for your wad. Love it!

I think it,s a good point for wad creations, focus on a certain weapon and some enemies like yoy did. It makes a significant diference in the gameplay and... yeah, i said that but... i love it!

Well, I played Ozonia less than a month ago, and I feel nostalgic already.

Replayed Ceu (map12) today.

This is a really good megawad.

Thanks a lot, @Azure_Horror! I'm glad you enjoyed enough to give it a retry :D

@Catoptromancy, fantastic work with all the bugs you have reported so far! I'll apply the fixes for all the bugs you have found (a lot of them, sorry for the sloppy work >.<). I'll see if I can release RC4 next week, although I'm pretty sure we'll have a RC5 to fix bugs in later maps.

Not sloppy at all, its much more efficient to focus on the design stuff. Minor details can be found later. Remember not everything needs fixing or is a bug, I just post everything I find. 

MAP08 sped by quick, I also didnt bother with demos at all. Skipping all demos should speed this up quite a bit.

I noticed all skill balancing is done by removing monsters. While not my favorite skill balancing method, it seems to work perfectly on these maps. Pretty much all the maps on the lower skills had a near perfect linear skill balance. The lower skills feel harder, but are balanced to skill 4 nicely. 

57 minutes ago, Catoptromancy said:

Not sloppy at all, its much more efficient to focus on the design stuff. Minor details can be found later. Remember not everything needs fixing or is a bug, I just post everything I find. 

MAP08 sped by quick, I also didnt bother with demos at all. Skipping all demos should speed this up quite a bit.

I noticed all skill balancing is done by removing monsters. While not my favorite skill balancing method, it seems to work perfectly on these maps. Pretty much all the maps on the lower skills had a near perfect linear skill balance. The lower skills feel harder, but are balanced to skill 4 nicely. 

Thanks a lot, Catoptromancy!

Your findings are very good and I'll probably apply most of them haha

BTW, I don't know why either there are some many nodebuilder errors >.< I've been using GZDoom Builder 2.3.0.2787 (a41058b) + ZokumBSP (I thought the change would help reduce this kind of error, but I didn't at all lol). I think I'll change the DoomBuilder to another fork for a next wad, IDK, hopefully they have better node builders?

RC4 is out! It features a lot of changes, but 98% of them are either small fixes or QoL changes (that makes navigating easier in a lot of maps). Biggest changes are in map 31, but if you have already played it, it's not worth it checking it out again lol You can download here:

Classichttps://www.mediafire.com/file/sbcsfw7nq540432/ozonia-2.33-RC4-classic.zip/file

Deluxehttps://www.mediafire.com/file/qs1rloty8mbf1be/ozonia-2.33-RC4-deluxe.zip/file

General:	
	OK - Hellion HP 170 -> 165
	OK - Fix "Doom" difficulty font text. Difficult order is now: Doom II, TNT, Plutonia, Eviternity
	OK (hopefully) - Texture load error on startup
	OK - map order in .wad file
	OK - the UMAPINFO makes it so the "next map" key in PrBoom+/DSDA-Doom will go to MAP01 if you press it in MAP11 or MAP20
	OK (hopefully) - similarly, it's somewhat inconvenient that next map key won't work in the same maps in ZDoom-based ports
	OK - the candle in the blue evil eye visibly shifts during the animation (CEYEA0, CEYEB0 and CEYEC0 sprites)
	OK - the PP_START lump should be moved after the text lumps (this messes with some utilities, at least)

Map 1:
	OK - 1/5 - Cyberdemon is present on easy difficulty with invulnerability orb + plasma gun
	OK - 1/5 - Added plasma gun and cells on mid difficulty
	OK - 1/5 - Wrong step texture close to the Key Door

Map 2:
	OK - 2/5 - Fixed open sector in the initial area
	OK - 1/5 - Added chaingun on easy difficulty.
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned brick texture after BK Door
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned bricks on secret entrance
	OK - 1/5 - Floating health bonus

Map 3:
	OK - 2/5 - Possible soft lock behind a bad placed torch
	OK - 1/5 - Moved the plasma cells in secret elsewhere because players are thinking they are the secret and not the gun.
	OK - 1/5 - No backside railing texture on berserk room.
	OK - 1/5 - Fixed wrong damaging sector in the switch that raises stairs in RK battle.
	OK - 1/5 - Wrong texture matching at the final setpiece
	OK - 1/5 - Added missing textures in teleport closets to prevent error messages on console
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned railing on berserk area

Map 4:
	OK - 1/5 - Bars in the central arena are now "broken". The remaining parts are impassible.
	OK - 1/5 - Fixed misaligned bricks in that same spot.
	OK - 1/5 - Fixed some weird artifacts close to the fake wall secret

Map 5:
	OK - 2/5 - Add health bonus to lure player to the BK area
	OK - 1/5 - Visible blocking lines with the automap
	OK - 1/5 - HOM at the lift area to leave BK Door Outdoor area
	OK - 1/5 - Changed lift that exits soulsphere setpiece to have a lift texture + glowing light
	OK - 1/5 - Bury chaingunners down a bit more in BD setpiece
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned railings
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned exit door

Map 6:
	OK - 1/5 - Visible lines with the automap
	OK - 1/5 - Fixed blocking sound linedefs so Hierophants don't wake up prematurely in the exit arena.
	OK - 1/5 - Wrong wall texture close to the SSG area in the north area.
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned ceiling textures in BK area.
	OK - 1/5 - Fixed badly placed midtexture after BK Door fight
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned flat in the Imp's sniper post at the final area
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned walls at the same area
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned platform in the beginning
	OK - 1/5 - Wrong texture in the initial teleport pad
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned support at the beginning
	OK - 1/5 - Wrong texture in BK teleport pad
	OK - 1/5 - Fixed missing texture in Revenant's closet

Map 7:
	OK - 2/5 - Player can get stuck at trees after rk fight
	OK - 2/5 - Make lifts go down when player gets closer
	OK - 2/5 - Fixed unclosed sector in RK Door area.
	OK - 1/5 - Caco's little closet at the final area is now escapable. Added a little non-marked secret there too lol
	OK - 1/5 - Added stairs to Caco's hole too.
	OK - 1/5 - Fixed another unclosed sector in the north-east section.
	OK - 1/5 - Fixed black hole in rocks after RK fight.
	OK - 1/5 - Fixed chaingunners in ceiling area.
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned bars in the little secret tower.
	OK - 1/5 - Wrong texture in soulsphere's secret room.
	OK - 1/5 - Other small misaligments in the initial area.

Map 8:
	OK - 1/5 - Change bars colors to make it more visible (mid-section)
	OK - 1/5 - Find a way to make the steps more visible (mid-section)
	OK - 1/5 - Support misalignment in the central revenant battle
	OK - 1/5 - Wrong flat in the initial area.
	OK - 1/5 - Fixed slime trail close to the second hole.

Map 9:
	OK - 2/5 - Bars now lower to prevent soft-lock on coop
	OK - 2/5 - Removed some more enemies for lower skill levels
	OK - 1/5 - Small "black hole" in the rocks
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned Yellow Key Switch and barsd
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligments in secret area
	OK - 1/5 - Wrong texture in outdoor area
	OK - 1/5 - Aligned wood ceiling in Hellions setpiece
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned Support Texture in lift

Map 10:
	OK - 3/5 - Find a way to attract player to the RK teleport (added new enemies)
	OK - 2/5 - Make lift's in lava go down when player gets closer
	OK - 2/5 - Make soulsphere visible from without freelook

Map 11:
	OK - 2/5 - Player can get trapped in pipes
	OK - 1/5 - Add enemy blocklines to avoid Hierophants teleporting or going to the Void

Map 12:
	OK - 1/5 - Fixed slime trail on far away building
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned wall in lift of secret's entrance.

Map 13:
	OK - 3/5 - Wrong and very ugly ceiling height at the very end of the map.
	OK - 3/5 - Teleport monsters to lure player to teleport to red key area. Also, make it lowerable by a switch and change the torches to red.
	OK - 2/5 - Add another BK signal outdoor to lure player to the BK Door.
	OK - 1/5 - Fixed small misaligment in BK Door Room, as one wrong texture too.

Map 14:
	OK - 3/5 - Added some small islands in the water section so it's easier to get out of it.
	OK - 2/5 - Softlock close to the Berserk area
	OK - 2/5 - Blue-armor platform will teleport player to the initial area
	OK - 2/5 - Added keybars to make navigation easier
	OK - 2/5 - Lifts after BK fight will now go down allowing player to return to previously visited areas.
	OK - 1/5 - Added a Radiosuit in the farthest water section of the map
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned lift texture in RK area
	OK - 1/5 - Fixed some wrong aligned ceilings that would generate HOM
	OK - 1/5 - Door to the last area will now be open for 9 seconds.

Map 15:
	OK - 3/5 - Fixed possibility of a soft lock in the secret Cyberdemon battle
	OK - 1/5 - Add some health bottles to lure player into the secret exit
	OK - 1/5 - Disappearing Medkit in BK area
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned Rocks in the Green Armor Room in the initial area.

Map 16:
	OK - 3/5 - Add teleport to allow player to go back to initial area for fast travel.
	OK - 2/5 - Lock player with yellow bars when he get closer's to the puzzle area.
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned tekwalls in the initial area.
	OK - 1/5 - Removed Chaingunner close to the YK, so he doesn't mess easily with the puzzle.
	OK - 1/5 - Doors in the puzzle area now synchonized (one can't be open and another closed), hopefully avoiding people to overthink its solution.
	OK - 1/5 - Fixed stairs bad texturing at the final area that allows player to go backside.
	OK - 1/5 - Fixed Misaligned tekwall in the citadel's entrance

Map 17:
	OK - 2/5 - Fixed non-impassable railmesh texture, preventing player getting out of bounds.
	OK - 1/5 - More misaligned textures fixed.
	OK - 1/5 - Align Hierophants door
	OK - 1/5 - Wrong support texture close to BK secret
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned wall close to YK secret

Map 18:
	OK - 2/5 - Added Key Bars close to the teleports to make navigation easier
	OK - 1/5 - Removed teleporting Hellion at the end, because it leads him far away and he can't reach the player due to block monster line.
	OK - 1/5 - Fixed a couple of slime trails.
	OK - 1/5 - Health bonus dropping down at the YK staircase.

Map 19:
	OK - 1/5 - Wrong TEKWall texture close to RK.
	OK - 1/5 - Fixed bad texturing close to the exit door lift.
	OK - 1/5 - Wrong floor texture in pole at the beginning.
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned railmesh texture at the beginning.

Map 21:	
	OK - 3/5 - Switched Red Key to a Plasma Gun. Only the Yellow is necessary now.
	OK - 3/5 - Yellow Key Door not openable using GZDoom 4.5

Map 22:	
	OK - 2/5 - Added some Yellow Key signal to make the path to Yellow Door easier to spot.
	OK - 1/5 - Torches clipping on the ceiling.
	OK - 1/5 - Secret switch do Soulsphere is a bit more easier to spot.

Map 23:
	OK - 3/5 - Added 4th Arch-ville at the YK Door fight
	OK - 2/5 - Change Imp to a loud Arachnotron so players are lured to blue key.
	OK - 2/5 - Added Yellow Key signs to make easier to indentify YK ArchVille small tower.
	OK - 2/5 - Softlock close to the Blue Door Arena
	OK - 2/5 - Another softlock close to the Blue Key signaling

Map 24:
	OK - 1/5 - Fence in the YK Passage only visible at one side + misaligned walls
	OK - 1/5 - Floating fences in the BK area

Map 25:
	OK - 2/5 - Open Sector in the "big skull" setpiece.
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned bricks in the RK area.
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned bricks in RK Door area.

Map 26:
	OK - 2/5 - Added Health bonus to lure player into the red key area + popup imps.
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned bricks in BK door area.
	OK - 1/5 - Bars with key color will raise after pressing the switch.
	OK - 1/5 - Fixed HOM on lift close to the RL building.

Map 27:
	OK - 3/5 - Softlock when reaching the Caco Swarm switch but leaving the area not pressing it
	OK - 1/5 - Wrong sky texture in the intial room.
	OK - 1/5 - Small misaligment in a platform wall in the Caco swarm setpiece.
	OK - 1/5 - Block enemies from falling in the very north area of the map.
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned textures close to exit area.
	OK - 1/5 - Columns that raises to grab RK now have different texture so it's easier to identify them raising.
	OK - 1/5 - Added candles to lift that lowers by distance.

Map 29:
	OK - 3/5 - Added teleport close to the locked doors and a few enemies more to make navigation to the other key easier.
	OK - 2/5 - Removed some far away enemies.
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned few textures in the initial area.
	OK - 1/5 - Initial switch that lowers arch-ville will lower floor faster.
	OK - 1/5 - Fixed few misalignments in that area too.
	OK - 1/5 - Changed Teleporting Hellions lineaction 97 to 125 (teleports only monsters).
	OK - 1/5 - Wrong flat and ceiling texture in the YK area close to wood borders.
	OK - 1/5 - Misaligned wall in floating building close to YK.

Map 30:
	OK - 1/5 - Redo barrel teleporting to prevent player being telefragged even with invulnerability

Map 31:
	OK - 3/5 - Raised the level of combat to make it a little bit less dull
	OK - 2/5 - Added a switch to lower lifts from Soulsphere area to outdoor area
	OK - 2/5 - Make path to Yellow Key Door and Blue Key Door easier to spot
	OK - 2/5 - Fixed wrong coop startup.
	OK - 2/5 - Increased a little bit the level of detailing.
	OK - 2/5 - Replaced some shotgunners with others enemies to reduce level of annoyance.
	OK - 1/5 - Fixed some misalignments.

153 Fixes

I'll likely be taking a break from playing tough WADs for a while after finally beating Alien Vendetta on UV, but this is next on my play list. This looks really cool. 

Can't wait to watch the playthrough, @PsychEyeball :D

@Catoptromancy, that's awesome! I'll make the change to the wad and add EMAPINFO, aside from all your notes until map 14 :D

Thanks a lot, really, for all the hardwork!

9 hours ago, Deadwing said:

Can't wait to watch the playthrough, @PsychEyeball :D

I wasn't initially going to stream or record my playthrough but now that you say that, I have to do it now!

I'll let you know when I'll start streaming it or I'll post my VOD of my playthrough as it happens here. I'm currently playing through BTSX Episode 2 on my own time but I'll start Ozonia when I'll be done.

14 hours ago, PsychEyeball said:

I wasn't initially going to stream or record my playthrough but now that you say that, I have to do it now!

I'll let you know when I'll start streaming it or I'll post my VOD of my playthrough as it happens here. I'm currently playing through BTSX Episode 2 on my own time but I'll start Ozonia when I'll be done.

That's fantastic!

Thanks a lot, PsychEyeball! :D

Plays great so far! I think this is the closest thing to modern plutonia in terms of both layout and gameplay. I wonder what Dario Casali will think of these maps hah.

Damn. I was halfway through RC3 and didn't realize RC4 was out. It must have dropped off the first page before I saw it. Have to start again.

Since I tend to sort big wads before playing them, things I noticed that were still in RC4.

Spoiler

There are four copies of Z91DTBZ in the wad. Two are patches, two are flats.

There are two copies of SKULLS patch.

There are two copies of SYFA69U patch.

There are four copies of RHQIYLW patch in the wad. Two are slightly different, a rougher, grayer version. Almost a console-y, pixilated version. 

There is a patch with no name. It looks like a brighter version of GLASS2.

Enjoying it so far.

Edit: forgot one.

Edited by EffinghamHuffnagel

I want to talk about map 31, and how it was changed in RC4.

The map 31 pulls one of the classic secret map tricks. It offers a notable gameplay change compared to the rest of the megawad. This is a very good idea! Secret maps are perfect for gameplay experiments and shake ups.

In Ozonia the gameplay shake up works as follows:

- most Ozonia maps feel Plutonia or post-Scythe inspired.

- but map31 offers gameplay in style of TNT:Evilution and Doom 1.

The gameplay change worked perfectly in RC3. But in this perfection, there was a potential for a problem: after 15 maps of Plutonia-inspired gameplay, map 31 could feel boring for some people. And to address those concerns, @Deadwing beefed up map31 in RC4.

What do I think about the result?

1) The combat is more challenging and frantic. So the main goal of the changes is achieved.

2) The beefed up monster roster made the map into less of Doom 1 map, IMHO. So we have less of TNT:Evilution + Doom 1 combo, and more plain TNT:Evilution map. I dunno, how do I feel about it. It is still a gameplay shake up, but less memorable, IMHO.

3) The mancubi and arachnotrons. Those guys fit perfectly!

4) The lost souls. Adding lots of annoying Skulls was very unexpected. But they feel right at home for a Doom 1 and/or TNT:Evilution style of gameplay. So lost souls are welcome.

5) The revenants. The revenants mostly feel ok, but they do not add much. This is a classic TNT:Evilution approach to revenants, so it fits. However, revenant homing missiles can be extremely annoying. Especially if there are also lost souls present. My personal opinion: the map would be better without revenants. The Revs could be replaced with hitscanners, arachnotrons, or small lost soul groups, and the map would become more memorable for it, IMHO.

6) The soulsphere archvile. With this archie, the trap feels a bit too deadly compared to the rest of the map. I think the area before this archvile should have more healing/armor items and some plasma cells, to make the archvile less deadly.

7) The archviles in the final fight. Personally, I very much dislike this change. It transformed the fight from an unsual chaingunner-HellKnight encounter into a relatively generic "rush down the Archies to avoid diying horribly". This feels both somewhat uninspired and unfitting for the rest of the map. I dunno what would work best, but the archviles do not feel right for the final fight, IMHO.

TLDR of my thoughts: The RC4 changes to map31 managed to achieve the intended goal. But the map feels less unique due to them. Some further tuning would be welcome to make the map better, especially in the final fight.

What do other players think about RC3 and RC4 versions of map 31?

My suggestions for the final fight, if anyone is interested

Spoiler

I think instead of archies, the final monster closet could contain a crowd of lost souls. They will complicate the rocket launcher usage and also offer an homage to the start of the map. Alternatively, if the lost souls would be bad, a swarm of cacos would also work. Or maybe some mancubi?

Thanks a lot guys!

@Nefelibeta It would be awesome to have Casali's input about Ozonia, but there's so much great material out there that I'm not very optimistic that he'll get to play it haha

@EffinghamHuffnagel Thanks a lot for the findings! I'll find a way to fix these patch issues

@Azure_Horror I'll be honest, I have no idea in what to do with map 31 lol Honestly I should have replaced it with something else, but then it's too late to do any meaningful changes and I came with this, that, well, would try to make to map a little less boring, taking in consideration all the feedback I got... The map definitely feels less unique with the usage of the rest of the cast, though. I'll see what I can do with both Archies fights. Sorry for taking too long to respond >.<

4 hours ago, NightFright said:

Widescreen statusbar incoming!

STBAR_ozonia.png

ozonia_wide.zip

Woah, that's awesome!
Is it possible to add this to the .wad file? Do I need to worry about non-wide screen or something else?

Well, the only port I know that doesn't support this by now is Chocolate Doom. I guess the smarter approach is to include it as a separate wad. Then again, Crispy for example only allows for one pwad to be loaded via -file parameter, so this would have to go into the autoload folder. 

7 hours ago, NightFright said:

Well, the only port I know that doesn't support this by now is Chocolate Doom. I guess the smarter approach is to include it as a separate wad. Then again, Crispy for example only allows for one pwad to be loaded via -file parameter, so this would have to go into the autoload folder. 

I see... Well, I'll test in prboom (forks) and gzdoom at least and I see if it works well. Hopefully it will be in the wad with the (final) RC5.

@Catoptromancy A lot of fantastic findings there! Some big issues regarding the SMM in skill 2 too. I'll fix most (if not all of them)

Btw, thx to galileo for basing the statusbar on one of the textures that came with the wad. Made it a lot easier to create the extensions.

Oh, and since this is a Boom project, you can safely include it since Chocolate Doom would be out of the picture, anyway. Crispy as well, btw.

*EDIT*

I will still do some finetuning on the image tomorrow since I am not 100% happy with the coloring and the upper edge of the extensions which should be a bit brighter than the rest.

Edited by NightFright

On 4/7/2022 at 6:52 AM, NightFright said:

Then again, Crispy for example only allows for one pwad to be loaded via -file parameter, so this would have to go into the autoload folder. 

I may be misunderstanding here, but Crispy does allow loading more than one pwad via -file on the command line. I often load megawads and psxsounds together.

For example:

crispy-doom.exe -file akeldama.wad psxsounds.wad

It does? Oh well, maybe it's because I am using a launcher which always loads pwads like: -file pwad1 -file pwad2...

So in theory this would also work in Crispy - if the maps were not Boom format. But fear not. Woof is your powerful "Crispy with Boom/MBF/UMAPINFO support" solution for those cases.

Edited by NightFright