Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 42 - No, I am not going to make a Hitchhiker reference

Fnarr.

And to think I started the Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions a full 5 years ago... the 42nd Abyssal Speedmapping Session will happen on the 14th of December at 7PM Eastern Standard Time. I will provide links to the official ASScord before it starts and will be accepting theme suggestions until I can compile the List of Ten: I wanna do something special this time round... 

Session timer.

Edited by Obsidian

Congratulations on the five year anniversary. Fitting session no 42. I will not be around, unfortunately, but here's to more ASSes! 

One day I need to actually play one of these ASS wads....just thought I'd randomly throw that out there.

5 minutes ago, Suitepee said:

One day I need to actually play one of these ASS wads....just thought I'd randomly throw that out there.

HEH.

As usual, I can't make it as I work every weekend. I don't know why I even try to get my hopes up

2 hours ago, Marcaek said:

ASS is the meaning of life

EEEEEEEVERY ASS IS SAAAAAACRED

EVERY AAAAAAASS IS GOOOOOOOD

11 hours ago, rf` said:

As usual, I can't make it as I work every weekend. I don't know why I even try to get my hopes up

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I commend you for choosing to value your life/health/career by not staying up too late or getting up too early (or in the middle of when you're supposed to be asleep--I don't know where you live or what hours you work) just to participate in one of the two (unless Jimmy isn't available) sessions.

Also, I can't make it to either session due to prior commitments.

A bit of an important announcement: due to unforeseen circumstances, the sessions have been moved forward a day to the 14th. Time remains the same, hopefully this doesn't impact anyone's plans too severely.

...oh damn, I forgot to post the List of Ten here, didn't I?

-Techbase heavily warped by Hell's influence

-Textures from the Wood category

-"Wormhole" style: 2 identically structured maps, one harder than the other

-Downtown

-Foundry

-2X2(2 textures and 2 flats)

-Fortress of Mystery(rely heavily on infighting)

-Space station

-Marcaek's Super Special FIREBLU Ensemble!

-Circular architecture

trascedental quality.zip

Title: Transcendental Quality Speedmap

Build time: 1 hour and 15 minutes, plus change of plans on layout during the making

New music: Sfera Ebbasta - Happy Birthday (using one of those online mp3-to-midi converter, results are so delightful)

Description: Abstract techbase, almost everything is based upon the limitations of 2 (over the texture and flats) including monsters, powerups, ammo, decoration and other stuff. Semi-tyson gameplay.

Edited by Walter confetti : added music to file

Download heeerrre

Name: Hard and Fast (Like juicy Buttsex)
Music: Checkers from DELTARUNE
Time wasted: Hours of the two
Theme: 2x2 woop

Intermission music is something from a Wario game...I forget!

Updated with bug fix!

Edited by Fuzzball

Sorry that I'm late, I went afk soon after making the last post and miscalculated how long I'd be out.

OUR THEME IS:

2x2. Pick 2 textures and 2 flats and those are your only choices for the entire map.

F_SKY1 doesn't counts towards one of the flats but your sky texture transfer must be set to one of the two textures you choose.

AND/OR:

Use this texture pack - Marcaek's FIREBLUxtravaganza.

If you combine this with the first theme, note that the use of this pack doesn't get you another two textures/flats to pick from - stick with 2x2.

GET PLANNING! Gather resources, pick out a name/MIDI, draw your layout on paper, etc.

We'll start mapping in 15 minutes - at :35 past.

On 12/5/2018 at 11:07 AM, Obsidian said:

No, I am not going to make a Hitchhiker reference

But what about JoJo one...