Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scuba Steve

Cacowards 2018 - 25 Years of Doom

Congratulations to all the winners!
Here's to this year full of great releases, and to another 25 years of Doom!

Glad to see Struggle and Preacher in, those were probably my favorites from this year. I've only played a few of the other winners so far (I started Maskim Xul and Dimension of the Boomed but never finished them), so that means a lot of good new stuff I need to play soon. After Eviternity, of course...

Fantastic writeups as always, and having full-size pictures is a real improvement.

And to think that we haven't even published the other half of the work we did for the 25th birthday...

edit: damn you @Not Jabba!! It's almost like you have earned the right to announce something at your leisure!!!

Congratulations to all the winners and the runners-up of this year and a big 'Thank You' to the Cacowards team for once again providing us with these excellent, detailed articles. I felt a small pinch right at the heart when I read about Alfonzo's departure and I too wish him good luck on his future endeavors and hope to see him around maintaining the Ironman contest for us to participate. 

Regardless, it's a lovely way to celebrate Doom's 25 year anniversary and I already look forward to play each and every one of these great WADs and crossing my fingers for another great and prosperous next year.

Cheers!

Some pretty amazing releases this year indeed. And btw I feel sorry for the millions of Cacodemons killed over the last 25 years and I'm sure the next 25 years will bring more BFGing action.

Also this was the first year since 2000 that Pcorf did not upload a new release to idgames although he did contribute to the Mega Project 2018.

Congrats to all the winners; thanks to anyone who made a sincere release for idtech1 this year; and props to the crew who put the cacowards together - great job!

Awesome job guys, I'll be looking forward to reading this in full!  And congrats to the winners as well!  It's another yearly reminder that I've got a lot of amazing stuff to add to my backlog.

HB Doom, congrats to all the winners and runnerups! Great articles too, a pleasure to read. Well done everyone!

Glad to be a part of this community, even if i'm not a content creator. It even feels a bit nostalgic, i wonder how things will be 10 or 20 years from now

Thanks to the folks that put their time into making this; I understand there were a lot of tough choices as well, but this was a great read and well done!

44 minutes ago, Uni said:

I felt a small pinch right at the heart when I read about Alfonzo's departure and I too wish him good luck on his future endeavors and hope to see him around maintaining the Ironman contest for us to participate.

I was genuinely surprised that Pinchy's Alfonzone only got runner-up, but now it makes more sense.

Congratulations to all the winners. Outstanding maps and mods and I am especially happy to see the Exomoon Soundtrack being mentioned as well as Demonastery featured as a runner up.

Congratulations to the winners! My backlog of stuff to play just grew to an intimidating size.

Yeah, this was seriously the most amazing year of new Doom content I've ever seen. Never mind that I also thought that last year and the year before. Huge congrats to all the winners, and all the runners-up, for making such mind-blowing stuff and making our job so hard.

Grats to all the winners, and thanks for the kind words from the review team! There were a lot of crazy good mods released this year. Couldn't have been easy to choose winners.

Congratulations to all the winners! One of the best, if not the best, dooming years I've had for sure. Thank you all for releasing so much incredible stuff to play through :)

This was fun to read. Thank you to everyone that compiled the list and thanks to the mappers for the great content!