Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Not Jabba

The Top 100 Memorable Doom Maps of All Time

Great great list. There are maps I remember and maps I might have not played, so I'll have a lot to reply through xmas and next year :)

Just one thing because my eyes might have missed that. Did Trinity College ever made it to the list? That was THE memorable map back in times.

I'm still massively humbled that my map's somehow on there, considering the staggering body of work the Doom community has. Thanks guys. :)

I feel pretty proud to see maps I wrote music for on here, even though that's only a minor part of what makes those maps memorable. Transduction will always have a special place in my heart being the first time I was approached to write music for something. Maskim Xul was a very fun exercise in writing especially for a higher-fidelity format*, I was able to write in a way I had never done so before, and as for the other one...it's The Given, what else is there to say?

* play it in GZDoom, play it in GZDoom, play it in GZDoom...

On 12/15/2018 at 7:48 PM, Eris Falling said:

I feel pretty proud to see maps I wrote music for on here, even though that's only a minor part of what makes those maps memorable.

I'm in love with your song "Blood Rush" in the Plutonia midi pack. Great work with that one.

Song is at 30:35.

Sad not seeing any Memento Mori/Memento Mori 2 maps in this list. I would have added MM MAP15 for being one of the first "Hell Revealed-Style" maps, or MM map02, getting mind-blown by the custom textures back in the day.

We were aware that MM / MM2 were not mentioned but I believe the consensus was that no individual map stood out enough, especially when contrasted against the entire rest of Doom PWAD history.

On 12/17/2018 at 10:05 PM, Linguica said:

We were aware that MM / MM2 were not mentioned but I believe the consensus was that no individual map stood out enough, especially when contrasted against the entire rest of Doom PWAD history.

Not even MM2's Frustration, Base Exposure, Forgotten Town, The Silos?

I've played both MMs, and the only map I can actually remember from either is Viper from MM1.  I'd say that leaving them out is entirely justified.

Not sure if two and half months is necro these days, but I gotta chime in. Memento Mori map 9 High-Tech Grave is one of the all time great Doom maps for me, and I played it for the first time within the past few years. But we all have our favs.

In general these lists are so subjective and personal, but I can't believe there weren't any Suspended in Dusk maps included. For me that's the cream of the crop, though it was cool that Espi was included none the less.

Edited for stupid.

Disappointed to see that UAC_DEAD wasn't included. I know it's ancient, but as a Doom-playing kid back in the '90s I thought that the overturned truck with the spinning wheels was the coolest thing ever. Still sticks in my mind today!

Edited by blackthorn

2 minutes ago, blackthorn said:

Disappointed to see that UAC_DEAD wasn't included. I know it's ancient, but as a Doom-playing kid back in the '90s I thought that the overturned truck with the spinning wheels was the coolest thing ever. Still sticks in my mind today!

It's #10.

I may be missing something obvious, but I can't see the runners up list anywhere anymore. Any help?