Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dragonfly

[FINAL RELEASE] Eviternity

2 hours ago, Altazimuth said:

Actually crashes? Where? I've seen ACSVM errors that don't crash the engine (expected, since it uses unknown opcodes), but no crashes. There was a crashing issue in any map with a sky transfer as well that I got printz to fix.

When I am entering episode 3 : Crystalline - Check pastebin here: https://pastebin.com/kCvkVzaQ

image.png.4acae3516091f33231a8f9fae43fe8c5.png

10 hours ago, kristus said:

Eviternity crashes EE's latest build with ACS VM errors. Not sure if that is something to report to Eviternity or EE.

I had crashes with latest build in map02. I see errors in Eternity system console after i exit Eviternity, but they never caused me any trouble. Try build from Feb 02, it works fine for me.

Dunno, but I got it just for the sole reason to play Eviternity. The download is from just the other day.

EDIT: it's from the 10th.

Have you played MAP02 already? Did that work fine? It should crash eventually if you're on a faulty build.

Noticed that there had been another build on the 11th. It started Crystalline fine.

Sorry for bothering you.

It's no bother. Sorry for the bug causing you trouble in the first place, and thanks for reporting it.

12 minutes ago, Altazimuth said:

Have you played MAP02 already? Did that work fine? It should crash eventually if you're on a faulty build.

I just tested Feb 11 build with map02, works good. :)

On 2/12/2019 at 9:04 PM, Bauul said:

Probably not a bad idea to keep your drivers updated, although it could be your GPU is just too old to run the modern versions of GZDoom.  If that's the case, the vintage version of GZDoom (which is an up-to-date version of GZDoom with the older version of the renderer) might help.  You can grab it at the ZDoom downloads page.

It is working now, thanks!

The definitive moment when Eviternity had convinced me for good. Don't make a mistake: The maps before that had already been pretty damn enjoyable. But in moments like this, you just stop playing for a moment, look at the scene, telling yourself: "Yep, that's some serious masterpiece shiat right there."

QhuZeTi.jpg

For me it was just seeing the torches had melted the snow around them in the first map of that chapter. I think I have a bias in favor of snowy/wintery maps anyway but that was so much more incredible than it had any right to be.

This is, without a single doubt, the coolest mapset I have ever played.  On artistic merit alone, it shines as one of the most audacious, in-your-face artistic expressions I have ever seen in a Doom wad.  One would not be going over the top even, I believe, to say it was even magnificent.

You guys have outdone yourselves here.  Just simply outstanding.

Thanks for the amazing feedback! <3

Seeing everyone enjoying the end result this much really has made the project feel more than worth the effort that went into it. :)

Just passed MAP32. Jesus Christ, what a ride. Took me 90mins to blast through that one. But nice touch: For surviving the brutal final slaughter, you are allowed to keep your arsenal when entering the next episode. A just reward!

1 hour ago, NightFright said:

Just passed MAP32. Jesus Christ, what a ride. Took me 90mins to blast through that one. But nice touch: For surviving the brutal final slaughter, you are allowed to keep your arsenal when entering the next episode. A just reward!

I thought that was pretty cool, too, but I opted to pistol start map16 anyway.  I just felt too OP, lol.  Also, I've been playing Eviternity with your Fullscreen HUD, I love it :)

Screenshot_20190214-202726_YouTube.jpg

Just now, NightFright said:

Glad to see you are enjoying the statusbar mod. You may want to get a small alignment fix for the split version. It's optional, but it takes away a few pixels from the left panel and adds it to the right one to fix the "prematurely cut off" effect. Just be sure to load the fix after Eviternity and the fullscreen statusbar mod.

Thanks, I hadn't seen it, It was a bit odd that it cut like that on a lot of stbars.  I'll grab it now.

I'm also very impressed with what I've seen so far in the wad, am at Map08 right now. Great gameplay and visuals and a strong atmosphere. I'm glad I decided to play using GZDoom instead of GLBoom+, the latter has been great for me for a long time, but wouldn't wanna be without features such as sector shadows, fake contrast and bloom! :) 

23 minutes ago, Beezle said:

...it'd be really simple to make the green pinky's health back to what it originally was right?

The nightmare demon used to have 400 health in RC1, instead of 300. To change its health, open the wad with the editor, like Slade. Look for the "DEHACKED" file, and find the code for the nightmare demon, which is located at line 138, like below:

Thing 140 (_Chaos Demon)
Height = 3670016
Width = 1966080
Hit points = 300
Speed = 15
Mass = 400
Pain chance = 100
Name1 = Nightmare Demon
Plural1 = Nightmare Demons

From there, change the value of "Hit points" from 300 to 400, and save the wad. If you're using a source port, which supports DECORATE lump (such as ZDoom and GZDoom), you need to modify that lump as well. Look for the "DECORATE" file, and go to the line 320:

Actor NightmareDemon replaces MBFHelperDog
{
    Health 300
    Speed 15
    Radius 30
    Height 56
    PainChance 100
    Mass 400
    Monster
    +FLOORCLIP
    SeeSound "dog/sight"
    AttackSound "dog/attack"
    PainSound "dog/pain"
    DeathSound "dog/death"
    ActiveSound "dog/active"
    Obituary "$OB_DOG"
    States

Pretty much same as the above; change the value of "Health" from 300 to 400, save the wad, and enjoy the game.

3 minutes ago, antares031 said:

SeeSound "dog/sight"
    AttackSound "dog/attack"
    PainSound "dog/pain"
    DeathSound "dog/death"
    ActiveSound "dog/active"
    Obituary "$OB_DOG"

Dog :)

2 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

@Beezle you can do this using WhackEd4 I believe. @antares031 should be able to assist with this if you're unsure. :)

Any update on the HUD situation sir?

Would love to start a playthrough this weekend...

They worked hard on whole WAD - on HUD too. They worked hard to fix bugs. Now you want to throw away part of their work. If you don't appreciate it and can't play with available HUD lol, there are other wads with vanilla HUD (the most important thing to you).

3 hours ago, Malice said:

Any update on the HUD situation sir?

Would love to start a playthrough this weekend...

Open up Eviternity.wad in SLADE and delete all the lumps starting from the one conveniently named "STBAR" to the one named "STTPRCNT", then save the result.

It'd be much better to copy those lumps from doom2.wad to a new wad, then load that over the top of Eviternity.wad, rather than vandalize Eviternity.wad itself. Not to mention that method would work for other wads and also survive updates in case we do a post-final release or two (which certainly isn't unlikely, seems :P ).

That's probably a topic for another thread though.

4 hours ago, JohnnyTheWolf said:

Out of curiosity, have anyone been able to get 100% items in MAP09: Decrepitude? I found all the secrets, yet I am still at 11 items out of 12.

Here's what's on the map for countable items (on all difficulties in this case):

• 5 health bonuses on stairs leading out of some slime on the mandatory path
  • 1 berserk in a secret
  • 1 computer map available after using the red button switch that raises a connecting platform out of the slime.
  • 2 lite amplification goggles, 1 in a secret and the other in plain view from the main walkway in the slime at the base of a slime fall.
  • 3 soulspheres in secrets

If you've found all the secrets, I'll assume you picked up all items those secrets lead to, so I suspect you missed either the computer map or the non secret lite amplification goggles.