Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MsKaye

SIGIL v1.21 - New Romero megawad [released!]

If it's not doom episode 5 (which I'm sure due to copyrights probably isn't) let's just all chip in and make a 9 episode gzdoom yet vanilla 90's style wad since we want something new anyway. Hell email it to romero. id software-esque architecture and all that good stuff

If it's a huge suprise related to doom guaranteed to be badass, I'm sure he got the rights to an episode 5 since he's already had some recent practice? yay? nay?

Guys, it's Blood 5, can't you see? I will explain: Blood 1 + Cryptic Passage + Blood 2 + It's expansion = 4! So the next logical step is Blood 5.

Jokes aside, I really doubt it has anything to do with Doom. Preorders anyone?

53 minutes ago, dybbuk said:

If it's not doom episode 5 (which I'm sure due to copyrights probably isn't) let's just all chip in and make a 9 episode gzdoom yet vanilla 90's style wad since we want something new anyway. Hell email it to romero. id software-esque architecture and all that good stuff

You mean "Doom The Way id Did" or "Knee Deep In ZDoom?"

4 hours ago, Anarkavre said:

I hope he makes us his bitches again.

I don't think he will walk into that trap again.

––

1. Blood print. Maybe some of the fingers are severed.

2. “Look, I've got five fingers.”

3. Five.

4. Still five.

=> He's making fun for circular saw owners.

Well, we don't know anything just yet as he hasn't updated anything but I noticed a change to the Romerogames website. A placeholder page just appeared for something called "Sigil." 

EDIT: It's gone now lol, but it was there I swear, I even took a screenshot (Tho it's not super exciting since it was a placeholder page. Just here so I don't look crazy)

Untitled.png

Sigil like strife :O
Doom,Doom 2,Heretic,Hexen...Strife the 5th game on the Doom engine! 
xD

It would be surprising if we actually get a Strife sequel/reboot/whatever. Not bad, just surprising.

and requires players own the original 1993 registered version of DOOM® in order to play.

When phrased that specifically it sounds like it won't run with Ultimate. I'm sure it will, of course, but being pedantic is funny.

25 minutes ago, Kroc said:

It's here https://www.romerogames.ie/sigil and it's DOOM E5, slated for Feb 2019

Awe, Feb? Oh well that's not too far. Glad to see that Pre-Orders are just for a cute special edition thing. I might be a bit uncomfy about pre-ordering a level pack. 

I have a sneaking suspicion it will include lots goodies such as new weapons, textures and monsters.

Color me excited! Romero's two recent Doom maps both showed he's still got that sparkle that made the original episodes so great, and they were mostly just warm-ups. A whole episode that he's clearly spent proper time on sounds very promising indeed. 

I wonder if he's targetting vanilla or limit-removing.

Looks like Romero has had some fun with Doom Builder in recent times. I assume it is Episode 5 (Sigil) and Episode 6 (Deathmatch maps)

Oh hey, so it is an episode! Well, I didn't think the preorder could be a box release of it, so since he's selling the box and the other bonus things in it, not the content itself it should be all fine from a rights point of view.

I'm kinda tempted but the complete edition is priced at $166 so I guess I'll pass...

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/coming-soon/products/sigil-beast-box-pc-megawad

Standard edition is $39.99 but it features only the floppy, soundtrack and stickers.

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/coming-soon/products/sigil-standard-edition-box-pc-megawad

Sooo, does this mean that any community mappers can just sell boxes and goodies for their WADs as long as the WADs themselves are free?