Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MsKaye

SIGIL v1.21 - New Romero megawad [released!]

1 hour ago, cybdmn said:

We have not to buy the WAD, we get them if we forward the order to Romero.

Does he give just the soundtrack wads, or also all of the digital extras included in the boxes? (lossless soundtrack and making of video)

i was just watching sigil - behind the scenes, so i know he reads this, so you rock john sigil owns

I am still waiting for my box.. Unbelievably! I've already played the shit outta the wad, I just hope I won't have to accept a stupid refund, I want that box dammit!

My standard box arrived a while back; I'm in the U.K.

Maybe they are shipping based off when they were ordered.

5 hours ago, xttl said:

Does he give just the soundtrack wads, or also all of the digital extras included in the boxes? (lossless soundtrack and making of video)

It was just the stuf you get, when you buy the WAD, so we buyers could play. The other stuff could wait.

On 6/17/2019 at 6:45 AM, Doomkid said:

I am still waiting for my box.. Unbelievably! I've already played the shit outta the wad, I just hope I won't have to accept a stupid refund, I want that box dammit!

I got a notification from DHL, that they got the electronic data for my package, and that they will give me an update, when they got the package. According to the Asendia tracking, the package has arrived at the UK (not ireland), and is sent to germany. With a little bit of luck, the i got the Box this week.

Someone is trying to sell a Beast Box on eBay for $4000. :/

Luckily, I actually got one for $600! Don't know how that happened. It's arriving on my birthday, as well, so I'm pretty ecstatic. 

On 6/16/2019 at 5:14 PM, noisebloom said:

Jesus:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sigil-Doom-Limited-Run-Beast-Box-Collectors-Edition-Rare-Signed-by-John-Romero/264356202407?hash=item3d8cdb87a7:g:y2oAAOSwXRJc~aJL

I originally thought I'd be willing to pay anything for a Beast Box, but this is just ridiculous. The demand is utterly insane. 

Next one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143297803444?_trksid=p2471758.m4704

and

https://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Romeros-SIGIL-Beast-Box-w-autograph-DOOM-Limited-Run-Games-Rare/293122854685?hash=item443f7bcf1d:g:gKQAAOSwiHBdBnnE

and

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sigil-Doom-Limited-Run-Beast-Box-Collectors-Edition-Rare-Signed-by-John-Romero/163744869824?hash=item261ff46dc0:g:mmwAAOSw0eNdC7AT

Don't even think about it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sigil-Doom-Limited-Run-Beast-Box-Collectors-Edition-Rare-Signed-by-John-Romero/333236871218?hash=item4d96772032:g:TpUAAOSwSxZdB5mC

Update:

0220 ended at       $   676.00
0253 ended at       $1,025.00

0496 ended at       $1,320.00
0149 currently at   $   305.00

0572 currently at   $   232.50

0481buy it now at $1,300.00

???? buy it now at  $4,000.00

Edit: 600 is pretty expensive too, but far from the other prices. And i get a feeling, that over the years this could grow a really expensive package at ebay.

Edited by cybdmn : new infos

6 minutes ago, noisebloom said:

Someone is trying to sell a Beast Box on eBay for $4000. :/

What the Hell? Is it a box made of gold? That's waaaay too much.

1 minute ago, ReaperAA said:

What the Hell? Is it a box made of gold? That's waaaay too much.

Nice try, but i think he won't be able to find someone paying this amount of money.

I'm still waiting for my BeastBox.

It actually has shipped out and was supposed to be delivered this past Saturday, but from how I understand it, the package was scanned in twice at the local post office and it was redirected to a nearby city. The post office supervisor thinks it should arrive in a few more days, and if it doesn't, I should call him. To say it's mildly annoying is an understatement. I'm not in a rush to play it, but it's a lot of money spent for something to have happen to it; especially with limited quantities.

8 hours ago, cybdmn said:

Edit: 600 is pretty expensive too, but far from the other prices. And i get a feeling, that over the years this could grow a really expensive package at ebay.

Or: after the hype has died down, or everyone who wanted one but missed it has got one, the price will plummet. :)

Honestly the way things are going it's getting to be really tempting to just sell off mine as soon as it arrives. I've wanted a new graphics card for a while now, and just days ago my only "modern" monitor died. (and it's not really good enough to bother with repairing it, 60Hz TN crap and worn CCFL backlight, even though it probably is an easy fix, like just check the power supply capacitors...)

Seems the going price for the regular edition boxes is about 100€ now, maybe a bit over that? So I could probably get a new, good monitor AND the regluar edition if I sold the BB unopened, lol. Maybe even a new midrange graphics card?

2 hours ago, xttl said:

Seems the going price for the regular edition boxes is about 100€ now, maybe a bit over that? So I could probably get a new, good monitor AND the regluar edition if I sold the BB unopened, lol. Maybe even a new midrange graphics card?

I say go for it. Sell it and earn money for a monitor and a new GPU.

I don't know why, but I think Nightmare Underworld should have kept its original 5th map slot. Aesthetically and progression-wise it belongs to there, not after the darkest levels of the wad. Sure, it's bigger, but also not necessarily more difficult than M5 or M6.

I received my best box today.

Romero's head stands in front of me.

Everything is all right now! :)

Greetings

Funduke

55 minutes ago, funduke said:

I received my best box today.

Romero's head stands in front of me.

Everything is all right now! :)

Greetings

Funduke

Latest info from DHL is, that mine should arrive tomorrow. Can‘t wait to come home.

my tracking number still doesn't give me any information on my order at all. should i contact LRG about it? i'd expect it to at least show something now, but maybe it's because i'm not living in the US...

Could anybody of your heroes, who managed to get a BB, put John into a 3D scanner and
create an STL-file for our 3D-printers as a cheap surrogate??

(Just kidding -  to do so would be bad and evil)

Edited by DoomGater

There's 5 beast boxes on ebay right now. Curious to see what they sell for. Could be the cheapest ones so far because it's the most supply we've seen. The 1000+ prices completely took me by surprise. I don't expect these to really sell less than the 500-600 range. Once this supply of people who bought them just to resell dries up I would expect the prices to push back up.

Real collectors don't buy now of course. It's best to wait a bit, till the price normalises. It will normalise, don't worry. Of course, it might also go up again at a later point, but that's the thrill of collecting.

I once bought the Doom Anthology Box on ebay.com for 80 USD and my friend once bought the Wing Commander Anthology for around 100 USD. Those were the times, heh.

I assume you mean the id Anthology box?  "Doom Anthology" was the name of a mess of a compilation that included stolen and pirated content.

The id Anthology box is cool, but I have no interest in getting it due to the unfortunately outrageous prices.  A complete copy on eBay these days would cost like AU $1,000, which is 10 times more than I'm willing to spend.

Finally got the time to complete Sigil on zandronum and i had a lot more fun than i thought i would after starting it.

Because at first i was rather underwhelmed by the first level that didn't felt really special on my first run (probably because i completed recently the fantastic Scythe 1 that had some genius small level design packed with action and it was still fresh in my memory), but quickly it started to grow on me because Romero managed to actually redo the old school "feel" of the original episodes instead of trying to emulate the impressive architecture design of some of the megawads i played, it just felt like if it was really part of the original game.

So it was very likely my nostalgia pushing me through the levels of Sigil as if i was playing the original episodes, just with more shooting at "eyes" and looking at nice faults over the levels :D

That said there were some really cool locations (my favorite is the big hole with the cacodemons flying out of it in e5m7) and some annoying ones (too many narrow ledges in every levels for my taste)

There's an area that puzzled me for a while in e5m7 actually , there , this destroyed wall blocking this corridor.

As there was a rocket launcher very close to this opening, i was so sure i had to shoot at it but nothing worked, so as there was no other way to get anywhere else once in that room, i reloaded a save from the beginning of the level and pressed every walls in the case there was a button somewhere else that i had to activate first.

But again nothing. Until out of option and in that room again i pressed the "use" key on that destroyed wall and it went under the ground opening this corridor.

... Man that was embarassingly easy to solve this problem, wasted my time overthinking things too much instead of Rip and Tear :D

I just wish there would have been a different boss for this episode (and i missed my doom2 double barelled shotgun a lot) but Sigil was fun.

Thanks for this travel back in time.

Going to revisit this on higher difficulty or with a gameplay mod to spice up things

Gutted.  I just got my lovely Beast Box... and it's missing the coin. :(  Anyone else suffered this?

It's such a shame as the rest of it is gorgeous.  The artwork and box quality is lovely.  The shirt is well printed, figurine is cool and the USB disk is a fun collectible.

Can't believe I waited this long and got so excited when I saw it had been delivered in time for me coming home from work to lose out on the cool wee coin. :(

My box finally came in today. Everything appears to be here (including the coin), and it's honestly all a higher quality than i expected. I'm rather impressed personally.

8 hours ago, Average said:

Gutted.  I just got my lovely Beast Box... and it's missing the coin. :(  Anyone else suffered this?

Did you already contact LRG about this?  Also, did you thoroughly search the box?  I think I saw in an unboxing video that the items can become loose in the box and fall out of the foam insert.

^

Yeah.  The Romero head figurine was rattling around the box so I presumed the coin had just slipped under the foam so I emptied the box.  I contacted LRG right away.  Haven't heard back yet, though.

It makes me wonder if those sealed boxes that are being flipped are all intact.  Can you imagine spending megabucks on a box only to find it wasn't complete years down the line?

On 6/6/2019 at 10:26 AM, Kira said:

Just walk forward. You probably need to replay all of Ultimate Doom as a refresher because I feel you are going to suffer too much for your own good.

Oh man, you were so SO right, i am suffering, that is the perfect word.

I just finished E5M2 after not playing it since i posted here (and i did not have ammunition to kill the Cyberdemon, so goodbye 100% because there is just no ammunition to kill him, and i am not killing it with my fists, my mouse does not work well and it takes too much time anyway) and got to the end of E5M3.

In E5M2 i had to use a guide AND cheats to get to the secrets. I just had to use the guide again to find all the secrets in E5M3 except the one with the automap...

I have not played the original Dooms in ages, but i can clearly remember that at least most of the secrets made sense if you used your brain and if you paid attention and tried hard enough.

Here, they dont make ANY kind of sense, and you cannot even get to them most of the time, and there is not even a clue to where they are, you have to know where they are in advance, which of course is ridiculous. It really is detracting from the experience to me, not only searching all the level to find nothing but having to minimize it constantly the game to consult on the internet just to find out that the secrets are in the craziest of places. Wtf.

I totally get what Romero is trying to do here, but one thing is going "old school all the way", and another one is this thing, which is completely different and lefts me puzzled about what the hell was he thinking.

I am enjoying everything, the level design, the MIDI music, the "unfair" set pieces, the atmosphere/ambience, but this thing with the secrets is really confusing, and i even find hard to believe that any player of the WAD has actually found all the secrets in each level without a guide/cheats.

I am baffled.

I am just quitting it for now and playing it again in some days, i actually just loaded the game because i was not in the mood to watch any movie or play a more complex game, so i just thought to myself to keep playing my dear old Doom, to actually escape for a little while of a lot of problems that have been going on lately, and i find this and it actually did not helped my mood at all. I am gonna go watch some Duckman instead -i have never watched it before and i recommend it- i think to get a laugh at least.

Errr... I am not sure if I want to see this with D2 monsters. If I imagine the exit area of E5M7 with Revenants, Archviles or Mancubi... Might just as well jump into the lava pit right away and get it over with.

2 hours ago, D88M3R said:

I have not played the original Dooms in ages, but i can clearly remember that at least most of the secrets made sense if you used your brain and if you paid attention and tried hard enough.

I'll be honest: do that instead of suffering more. It's only going to be more painful from now on.